Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Dana will give Rory the next shot, then probably give Woodley someone like Matt Brown coming off injury trying to throw an "easier" fight to Woodley so he's next in line. He probably makes Lombard fight the winner of Ellenberger vs. Saffedine, either that or face DHK. GSP "retiring" has actually made the division as exciting as any.
The division was exciting with GSP, it was just stale at the very top until Hendricks emerged. I also think Rory will get the next shot. I don't think he has the tools to handle Hendricks, though. They might as well have Lombard-Woodley on the same card for the next-up fight.

DHK v. Lawler needs to happen.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Did anyone catch Nick Diaz yelling, "Where you at Johny?"
Yeah, he was yelling at him all weekend. He was mocking him at the weigh ins too. He says he wants to come back and get a title shot. I don't get what is going on in his mind, as per usual. Not only does he not deserve a title shot, I don't think he would have much of a prayer against Hendricks unless Hendricks was content to stand with him.

While the numbers ended up being normal, Doug Crosby scored round 2 10-8 for johnny and round 5 a 10-10. I suppose it doesn't matter too much because the scores ended up right, but this guy should clearly not be judging.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Yeah, he was yelling at him all weekend. He was mocking him at the weigh ins too. He says he wants to come back and get a title shot. I don't get what is going on in his mind, as per usual. Not only does he not deserve a title shot, I don't think he would have much of a prayer against Hendricks unless Hendricks was content to stand with him.

While the numbers ended up being normal, Doug Crosby scored round 2 10-8 for johnny and round 5 a 10-10. I suppose it doesn't matter too much because the scores ended up right, but this guy should clearly not be judging.
Doug Crosby is the same guy that gave Edgar a 50-45 in the first Penn fight. How he still has a job is beyond me. Then again Adelaide Byrd and Cecil Peoples still have jobs too, so it's pretty sad all around. Good thing this fight was easy enough to score that no one got screwed.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:09 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I love Vitor, he's one of my favorites. But Lyoto is also a favorite of mine. I'm pretty indifferent about it. Wish Vitor could have fought, but happy Lyoto is getting it.
Lyoto might be becoming my favorite fighter ever. I never thought anyone would take Fedya's spot but getting to finally see Lyoto at his proper weight is just blowing my mind, especially after that Mousasi fight, as it was my favorite fight in many years in any org. Just beautiful.

Now Machida getting his shot even sooner after that fight so that he can have a run with the belt at the weight he should've been fighting at for the past decade, with a chance to become the first man to defend belts in two different weight classes, is just amazing.

The Chris is full of mma and I he's a big threat, especially if he's spent the time since the last anderson fight learning to kick legs, but he's another wrestler Lyoto will be faster than.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 03-20-2014 at 02:00 AM.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:58 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for the last card that was an awesome title fight, Lawler looked fantastic and I think would've won had the fight been judged on the whole, as he looked far more impressive in his two rounds than Hendricks did squeek out the first two. If he gets another shot in the next year I won't complain one bit.

While I hate to hold a guy winning via injury against him, I just wasn't that impressed with Woodley tonight and thought what Lombard did to Shields was far more impressive. You just don't knock out not-grieving-the-death-of-a-loved-one Shields, and most people don't look good, even when they beat him, but Lombard just threw him around and dominated that decision. Since it looks like Hendricks is gunna need some time off to recover a Woodley-Lombard title eliminator seems just about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW!!! Hendo is such a badass. Looking like garbage about to be finished then... BAM

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hendoooooooooooooo
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:01 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was great! Too bad we couldn't hear Rogan going nuts during this one. I think that Hendo should retire on this high, but I doubt he will now.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henderson really looked terrible. He is following a really typical trajectory. Damage keeps piling up, easier to get rocked, speed gone, but the power is the last to go. With his Liddell striking defense, Im worried he may follow the same type of path. Especially with him losing TRT, he should really retire. He won't but he should.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Old 04-11-2014, 06:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The British announce team for UFC is godawful.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new season of TUF premiers tonight guys. My good friend Dhiego Lima is in it, so check it out. He's a beast. I will be watching it with him.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Sam Stout might have had the best KO'd ref grappling I've ever seen.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So glad Bisping got his ass beat
Old 04-17-2014, 08:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kennedy is underrated, always thought he had one of the best all around games in the MW division, the biggest issue is his style is so hard to watch sometimes, I think he goes for the takedown more than he should and expends to much energy doing so. That's why when he faces superior grapplers like Jacare, he gets shut down.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mirsad Bektic got KO'd in the 2nd round by illegal knees. Instead of stopping the fight, the referee gave him 2 mins to recover. Then Bektic came back to win it on decision.

Wow, that was the first time I've seen a fighter win after getting ko'd. Awesome.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'll have to watch that one tomorrow
Old 04-19-2014, 07:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

WoW Cowboy!!! That's why he's one of my favorite fighters. Barboza is dangerous we all know but his chin sucks he got dropped by a jab, and I still think he gets outworked by top wrestlers. Just keep feeding him guys he can KO to keep him relevant. Just stop feeding him WEC guys lol.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Upon replay, getting dropped by a jab is embarrassing in itself, but he literally almost was out cold by that jab which wasn't even that stiff.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I disagree. Im not saying his chin is great because it is obviously not, but he has clearly taken harder shots than that before. Speed and Accuracy are the most important thing with a punch and that jab was both. I don't think he was almost knocked out cold, he was clearly stunned though. He just never moves his head always seems surprised when he is hit.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

This was Barboza's first fight against a top level MMA striker. Previous to this the best 2 strikers he's faced is Ross Pearson and Njokouani who are both volume strikers without great KO power, both those fights were razr thin that he barely pulled off. I'm not doubting his skill and technique because they are flawless, but he doesn't take pressure well and that's going to be a huge issue if he ever plans on being a contender, because right now on paper guys like Bendo, Khabib, Melendez, Grant, Dos Anjos, Miller, simply would bring too much pressure. I even think a next tier guy like Michael Johnson would give him fits with his pressure and volume. I think it's time to knock Barboza notches down and let him develop and get at least 2-3 wins before getting a top 10 opponent again. For his next fight I'd love to see them pit someone like Lauzon, Bocek, or Dunham to truly test if he has the ability to pull it out against guys you can't get out of there in the first 3 minutes. I think a redemption fight with Varner might be the best thing for him right now.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
This was Barboza's first fight against a top level MMA striker. Previous to this the best 2 strikers he's faced is Ross Pearson and Njokouani who are both volume strikers without great KO power, both those fights were razr thin that he barely pulled off. I'm not doubting his skill and technique because they are flawless, but he doesn't take pressure well and that's going to be a huge issue if he ever plans on being a contender, because right now on paper guys like Bendo, Khabib, Melendez, Grant, Dos Anjos, Miller, simply would bring too much pressure. I even think a next tier guy like Michael Johnson would give him fits with his pressure and volume. I think it's time to knock Barboza notches down and let him develop and get at least 2-3 wins before getting a top 10 opponent again. For his next fight I'd love to see them pit someone like Lauzon, Bocek, or Dunham to truly test if he has the ability to pull it out against guys you can't get out of there in the first 3 minutes. I think a redemption fight with Varner might be the best thing for him right now.
Oh yeah, I wasn't arguing hes that good at all. Hes not even close to top ten and would get eaten up by any agressive wrestle boxer or even most agressive and talented strikers who can at all deal with his kicks. His chin isn't great, his striking D is really bad.

Last edited by josh07039 : 04-19-2014 at 09:15 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Fabricio Werdum just looked so great Im asking myself if he isnt roided up.

Last edited by josh07039 : 04-19-2014 at 09:26 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

We've seen the improvements in striking, but yeah he toyed with Brown like it was Browne's first day in the gym. A lot has to due with the fact though that Travis gassed in the first round, his cardio was garbage but this level. He could barely stand at times and his game is 100% dependent on explosion. His only shot in this fight was to land 12-6 elbows when Fabricio was going for a takedown.