Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Matt Linland over Page in that fight but I wouldnt argue either way it was that close.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Linland, I love how he went up to fight Fedor in Fedors back yard in Russia.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

old news but, sokouju wants wandy and fedor.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was Shogun and Fedor. Were is Sokouju and Arona now I hope they go to the UFC.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I thought it was Shogun and Fedor. Were is Sokouju and Arona now I hope they go to the UFC.
Sokoudjou signed with elite extreme I think. I believe the UFC offered a deal that wasnt up to his liking. I am not 100% positive on this though.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh, i think you're right. he's got bricks as hands though.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I heard K-1 to, his hands are nice. Dan Henderson who trained w/ Soko said by the time he retires Soko would be #1.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Ya I heard that Soko was most likely joining K-1. What is funny is that striking isnt even Soko's main strength, he is a Judo guy! Pretty scary.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Whose everyones "non obvious" favorite fighters...meaning like not in the top 10 of any weight class, or just not the obvious ones (Fedor, Anderson, Shogun etc)

Mine would be...

HW- Antonio Silva- The dude is a mountain of a man and has insane potential. IMO He could give Fedor a hard time (not saying he would win)

Honorable Mention: Bradon Vera

LHW- Lyoto Machida - One of the most underrated fighters in any weight class, top 10 LHW for sure.

Honorable Mention: Rashad Evans

MW- Fabio Silva - Chute Boxe's very own. One word for this guy POTENTIAL

Honorable Mention: Robbie Lawler & Jason Mayhem Miller

WW- Carlos Condit- Another fringe top 10 guy, IMO should be top 10 without a doubt. Very versatile fighter

Honorable mention - Delson Heleno

LW - Jorge Masvidal- I love everything abotu this guys game, hes all about heart and his stand up and ability to take a punch is top notch. Why he is not in the UFC is beyond me. The head kick on Yves Edwards is enough to make this list. Not to mention the street fights against Kimbos crew.

Gesias Calvancanti- This guy is sick, top 10 LW for sure and he doesnt get none of the credit because hes stuck in K1 The dude is built like a rock, could quite possibly be the strongest LW I've ever seen.

FW- Cub Swanson - Hes going to hurt Jens Pulvers feelings when he beats him next month.

Last edited by ccB : 09-07-2007 at 10:02 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv View Post
Ya I heard that Soko was most likely joining K-1. What is funny is that striking isnt even Soko's main strength, he is a Judo guy! Pretty scary.
If only we could see him in a fight longer than 1 round. One more win for Soko and he will easily be one of my favorites. I dont want to be foolish and buy into the hype to quick. Another ultra scary thing about Theirry is hes only 22.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

My favorite fighter not ranked top 10 is Mark Hunt, that guy is a beast.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Since tonights event is on taped delay there will be absolutely NO SPOILERS! in this thread. Any spoilers and I will do my best to end your NFLDC career! Once the fight airs here in the states feel free to talk about it during/after but no discussion of any of the results before it airs. Im going Comahan Harry Potter style on this thread zero tolerance!
Old 09-08-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other then Fedor, my favorite MMA fighter is Sergey Kharitonov.

He's 26 year-old HW with a great amount of talent, who nearly beat Big Nog.

I hope Dana signs him.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Other then Fedor, my favorite MMA fighter is Sergey Kharitonov.

He's 26 year-old HW with a great amount of talent, who nearly beat Big Nog.

I hope Dana signs him.
Yeah that would be a good HW to sign, though Aleksander Emelianenko destroyed Sergei last time I saw him in a fight. Aleks is one of my favorites and should hav ebeen on my list I hope if UFC signs Fedor Aleks is part of the deal.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Yeah that would be a good HW to sign, though Aleksander Emelianenko destroyed Sergei last time I saw him in a fight. Aleks is one of my favorites and should hav ebeen on my list I hope if UFC signs Fedor Aleks is part of the deal.
Yeah, Aleks did beat Sergey, but to be honest with you I think Kharitonov is more talented.

Sergey lost that match because he abandoned his ground-and-pound game and decided to brawl with Aleks, which is never a good idea (just ask James Thompson).

Both of these guys should be in UFC.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Yeah, Aleks did beat Sergey, but to be honest with you I think Kharitonov is more talented.

Sergey lost that match because he abandoned his ground-and-pound game and decided to brawl with Aleks, which is never a good idea (just ask James Thompson).

Both of these guys should be in UFC.
Ya I agree with you their, I think Kharitonov is a better fighter with more potential than Aleks. He is much more well rounded, where Aleks just likes to brawl & throw. Aleks is entertaining as hell though, so he would be a good fit in the UFC.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I can't wait until tonight.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if it says no spoilers and i do pretty much trust people on here, I will be avoiding every MMA related site on the internet today

it's kinda like christmas, you can go snooping around and find out what you get but its always better to just be surprised

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Even if it says no spoilers and i do pretty much trust people on here, I will be avoiding every MMA related site on the internet today

it's kinda like christmas, you can go snooping around and find out what you get but its always better to just be surprised
Definitely, It sucks because I check about 5 different MMA sites everyday so I have to avoid all of them. I am trusting this thread because like I said if anyone spoils this I will push for them to get the most severe punishment possible.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

What time does it starts?
Old 09-08-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What time does it starts?
9 - 12:30 est
Old 09-08-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Thanks. I can't wait.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I am so pumped go Henderson! If you spoil you get rep raped and hopefully banned.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I am so pumped go Henderson! If you spoil you get rep raped and hopefully banned.
I will be pushing as hard as I can for the 2nd option.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

so now what do you think will occur with Rampage VS. Henderson?

I say Henderson with a TKO in round 3, I dont see Henderson losing if it goes to decision, but I could see Rampage KO Dan.