Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2007, 06:41 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O one more thing..I found this kinda funny I forget which fight it happened but the commentators were talkin and they said something at the same time and one of them was like we always say stuff at the same time..sounded kinda *** the way he put it....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hamil not winning is a joke.

I am shocked that Cro Cop lost, I noticed Kongo kept kicking his left side so I guess CC couldnt set up his high kick.

I was surprised Rampage won by unanimous decision. I guess since Henderson didn't get up in rounds 2-4 that cost him.

BTW does anybody know what song Rampage came out to?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't it London Calling by The Clash?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Rampage it was some hip-hop song I think DMX.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

o hold up i gotta do some research...
Old 09-09-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

I agree Hammill looked like he should have won, I wasn't surprised by Kongo winning although he should have lost a point from the crotch shots. The Rampage-Henderson fight lived up to the fight, and I can't wait to see Shogun at 76. Houston Alexander should get a shot a big time opponent.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okay, I dont know whats been discussed yet but Im just gonna mention a few things.

-My boy Rampage looked explosive and focused. I hope now people here give him the respect he deserves, he is a changed fighter with Junito helping him.
-Matt Hamel got absolutley robbed, that was a terrible decision. Hamil got robbed period.
-Cro-Cop, can he still be looked at as a top fighter? He has quite a tough road ahead of him.
- Alexander has looked great in the two fights Ive seen of his and should get a contender next match.
-UFC 75 was standup all the time lol, I didnt see alkl that much MMA.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is wrong with Cro-Cop? He really doesn't like to fight in the octagon.

I've never seen him fight so uninspired and tentative.

Ussually, he's the agressor in the fight. Even against Fedor he was agressive.

Last edited by MaxV : 09-09-2007 at 09:46 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Okay, I dont know whats been discussed yet but Im just gonna mention a few things.

-My boy Rampage looked explosive and focused. I hope now people here give him the respect he deserves, he is a changed fighter with Junito helping him.
-Matt Hamel got absolutley robbed, that was a terrible decision. Hamil got robbed period.
-Cro-Cop, can he still be looked at as a top fighter? He has quite a tough road ahead of him.
- Alexander has looked great in the two fights Ive seen of his and should get a contender next match.
-UFC 75 was standup all the time lol, I didnt see alkl that much MMA.
Since when didn't he get the respect he deserves? He was borderline overrated coming into this fight and now he showed he is the #2 possibly #1 in the world.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
What is wrong with Cro-Cop? He really doesn't like to fight in the octagon.

I've never seen him fight so uninspired and tentative.

Ussually, he's the agressor in the fight. Even against Fedor he was agressive.
Yea I am starting to think that CC is just a bad Octagon fighter.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would still rank Shogun and maybe Wandy ahead of Rampage.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

He is #2 for me now. This is my LHW rankings

1. Shogun
2. Rampage
3. Henderson
4. Wandy
5. Liddell
Old 09-09-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Yea I am starting to think that CC is just a bad Octagon fighter.
There are rumors that CC took steroids in Pride since they dont really really test. He did get a lot smaller. It could also be that he is just burnt out and doesn't want to fight anymore.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

possibly, I also read on Sherdog that he may have broken a rib. Plus getting a couple of knees to the nuts can't help you either. CC weighed 220 at the fight and I am preety sure he wasnt anymore then 225 at Pride, he was 215 against Mark Hunt.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2-3 solid shots right to the nuts will take the life right out of you.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a home job, Hamill won that for sure.

Cro Cop was obviously disappointing, just angering to watch after a while.

I really enjoyed the Rivers-Taylor fight, it was solid round with some good moments of pounding for each.

I like Hendo but I can agree with the unanimous decision there.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hamil not winning is a joke.

I am shocked that Cro Cop lost, I noticed Kongo kept kicking his left side so I guess CC couldnt set up his high kick.

I was surprised Rampage won by unanimous decision. I guess since Henderson didn't get up in rounds 2-4 that cost him.

BTW does anybody know what song Rampage came out to?
haha, you really wanna know who sang that song?

can't be touched - roy jones jr.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Nerv

I love how the UFC keeps matching Houston Alexander up against people they think are going to run over him and those guys end up getting brutalized. They have given him good competition, Jardine was getting set up to be the next in line for a title shot at 205 and Alexander was suppose to be an entertaining little warm-up fight for him.

Alexander vs any striker is going to be a seriously exciting fight, imagine him & Rampage going at it, that fight would end in round 1 they would slug till one was lights out.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing about Alexander is he seems to have poor cardio. Hes lucky he put Sakara out when he did because he was pretty gassed after the fight.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I became a fan of Alexander that was another brutal KO. With cardio you can work on that. I would love to see Alexander VS. Wanderlie Silva for Wandy's opening UFC fight, that would be a good one.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Did anybody here a anouncer slip and talk about Fedor fighting Randy? He said something like "we are trying to get the pride fighters in for title fights. Like Fedor Emelianenko who Randy knows all about."
Old 09-09-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you know Rampage has JIU-JITSU!!!???

He's the closest thing UFC has to a pro wrestler. His post fight interviews are amazing
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Did anybody here a anouncer slip and talk about Fedor fighting Randy? He said something like "we are trying to get the pride fighters in for title fights. Like Fedor Emelianenko who Randy knows all about."
That would be a dream......but it wouldn't happen for forever.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i know we all kind of "forgot" about him but i wanna see chuck fight hendo, i think that'd be a really good match.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I would like to see Anderson Silva VS. Dan Henderson, but I don't think Dan would cut to 185.

Henderson VS. Liddell would be a nice stand up slug fest.

some dream match ups I would like to see.

Houston Alexander VS. Sokojuo
Houston Alexander VS. Wanderlie Silva
Kongo VS. GG
Dan Henderson VS. Liddell
Shogun VS. Rampage
Wanderlie VS. Liddell
Sokojudo VS. Wanderlie