Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Acctually, I think Kongo deserves a title shot.

Kongo vs. Randy would be a good fight.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

i heard he sucks if he's on the ground though. He's a BIG dude, but if he's on his back I think he's pretty much useless.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BJJ can be taught so he is better on the mat. Just ask Rampage.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

Do you seriously think Kongo deserves a title shot? Kongo is a decent striker but his wrestling is TERRIBLE. He also has zero Jiu-Jitsu to go with his terrible wrestling. He got pretty much dominated by Carmelo Marrero because he couldnt defend a takedown or get back to his feet to save his life.

His fight against Assuerio Silva was also one of the worst fights ive ever seen.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there anyword on Brock Lesnar? I could see CC last fight go against Lesnar.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv View Post
Do you seriously think Kongo deserves a title shot? Kongo is a decent striker but his wrestling is TERRIBLE. He also has zero Jiu-Jitsu to go with his terrible wrestling. He got pretty much dominated by Carmelo Marrero because he couldnt defend a takedown or get back to his feet to save his life.

His fight against Assuerio Silva was also one of the worst fights ive ever seen.
There aren't a great deal of option in the UFC right now.

Big Nog might be best option, but he nearly got KO'ed in his last fight. I'd also love to see Arlovski vs. Couture.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Is there anyword on Brock Lesnar? I could see CC last fight go against Lesnar.
They mentioned Lesnar in the telecast last night when they were talking about UFC's needing to bring in heavyweight fighters
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless they sign Fedor they should have Big Nog fight Kongo and the winner takes on Couture

I can't wait til the Shogun fight, if he some how loses I will have to kill myself

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Nerv

They still have Sylvia, Vera is back, Heath Herring would beat Kongo, Arlovski & Werdum both havent fought since their boring bout. Ive heard a lot of rumors that also place Mark Hunt is basically signed & same with a lot of the Fedor stuff.

I think big things are in store for the UFC heavyweight division soon, Randy is sort of holding the torch for now.

I think Shogun vs Griffin is going to be very entertaining, but I see Shogun going right for clinch & takedowns and working his GnP & subs and eventually securing a sub victory over Forrest.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couture would be thrilled to have Kongo next. He could go in for the double legged take down and sit on him peppering him with punches and short elbows. Styles make match ups and Kongo is no good vs pure wrestlers. I think Big Nog would also be a decent fight for Couture, he could go in with the same game plan he went in against Gonzaga with. I actually believe Brandon Vera is the guy Couture would least want to see in the octagon out of the stable of fighters the UFC has now. I think Vera could utilize the same game plan Liddell did vs Couture. The same could be said for AA but you never know which Andrei is going to show up.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Nerv

According to a guy I know on another MMA site, Dana White has said that Mark Hunt has already signed with the UFC & they just arent quite sure what to do with him yet.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv View Post
According to a guy I know on another MMA site, Dana White has said that Mark Hunt has already signed with the UFC & they just arent quite sure what to do with him yet.
Hunt vs Kongo!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Nice I love Hunt he is my favorite HWT I cant wait to see him in the octagon. Also is there any word on who Wanderlie fights next? I remember it was Liddell but that fell through.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nice I love Hunt he is my favorite HWT I cant wait to see him in the octagon. Also is there any word on who Wanderlie fights next? I remember it was Liddell but that fell through.
If Liddell beats Jardine than it will be Wandy vs Liddell.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Hamil will get a re-match. Thank god.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hamil beat his ass, the fans knew it, and the judges knew it

one of the worst screw jobs i have ever seem

Old 09-10-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Hamil will get a re-match. Thank god.
Dont speak too soon, its been announced that Bisping is ready to move to MW.

FWIW the judges werent teh only ones who thought Bisping one, Sherdog had him as the winner also. I think its closer than people expect, the 2nd round was a little bit iffy to judge. I still had Hamill 2 rounds to 1.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I also had Henderson 3-2 over Rampage but it seems most people had it 4-1 the other way, so maybe i look at more technical stuff

Old 09-10-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea even the fans booed says the article. I hope Bispin doesnt back down from this one.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
If Liddell beats Jardine than it will be Wandy vs Liddell.
That will be a good one, I think Wandy could be leading but go in for a flurry then Liddell gets a KO w/ a over hand right. With Liddells ability to throw punches at all angles he could catch somebody with Wandy style.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I also had Henderson 3-2 over Rampage but it seems most people had it 4-1 the other way, so maybe i look at more technical stuff
I had it 3-2 for Rampage.

I acctually had Hendo winning 2-1 after first 3 rounds, but then Rampage took control.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Who's next for Rampage? Shogun?
Old 09-10-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

That what i had too, and then I thought Henderson won the last round

How about Couture vs Rampage?

Couture is a natural 205er and it would be great wrestling match with a edge to Rampage on striking

because they are going to want Shogun to have a decent following before they give a title shot and Liddell has to work his way back up the ladder

Last edited by fenikz : 09-10-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
That what i had too, and then I thought Henderson won the last round

How about Couture vs Rampage?

because they are going to want Shogun to have a decent following before they give a title shot and Liddell has to work his way back up the ladder
I doubt Rampage moves up or Couture moves down.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I would like to see Alexander VS. Rampage. That 1st round would be entertaining.

I could see Shogun getting Rampage after Griffin.