Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
GSP will be back on top very soon.
Thats the truth, let him fight in Canada too.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Thats the truth, let him fight in Canada too.
GSP is my boy he wrecked the dude in his last fight.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Its a shame Din blew his knee out that fight looked like it was going to be really good. Pretty good night of fights, also I like Pete Sell but is anyone as good as he is at finding a way to lose? Needs to keep his damn hands up at least.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

last night when i was waiting to watch the fight around about 8:50 my cable goes out, so anyone know of a place that has some of the fights online

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

probably the typical spots, youtube is to popular but try dailymotion.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Just search for it on google, either a stream or a torrent you should be able to find it. Also since it was shown on cable and not PPV streaming sites should have it so you probably wont need to DL a torrent or anything.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what do you think is going to happen w/ UFC 76?

I think Liddell Kills Jardine

and I think Shogun gets a TKO in the 3rd but I could see it going the distance.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
So what do you think is going to happen w/ UFC 76?

I think Liddell Kills Jardine

and I think Shogun gets a TKO in the 3rd but I could see it going the distance.
Liddell with a Right hook in the 2nd, TKO

Shogun, muay thai clinch with knees in the 1st, TKO

Old 09-21-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shogun via decapitation (KO in the first)

I'm going for an upset, Jardine over Liddell via GNP in the third

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Do you think Alexander fights one of these guys afterwards? he has been looking very dangerous lately and i don't know if the UFC wants either of these guys to lose.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lidell's gonna kill Jardine. He's goin to rebound after Rampage and I pity the fool who stands in his way....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liddell won't lose 2 in a row. But then again I said the same thing about Cro Cop.

Shogun will end it very quickly.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I saw a pic of Liddell training and he had a 6 pack. That tells me that he trained very hard for this fight and harder then his Rampage fight.

I think Shogun does have the potential to kill Forrest but Forrest does have more octagon expierence plus he does have some heart.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Nerv

I dont see Shogun really standing with or KO'ing Forrest. He is going to clinch up quickly and look to take it to the ground, pepper Forrest with some shots until he gives up a sub then lock it on. Shogun via sub in the 2nd.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I just heard that after UFC 75 White said that he signed Mark Hunt :) I love Hunt, a bullet couldn't go through his skull plus he has amazing standing skills. If he works on submission defense I could see him taking Fedor. Yes that is a bold prediction.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv View Post
I dont see Shogun really standing with or KO'ing Forrest. He is going to clinch up quickly and look to take it to the ground, pepper Forrest with some shots until he gives up a sub then lock it on. Shogun via sub in the 2nd.
Nerv we are on the same page. People underrate Forrest, theres noway I think he wins but I think he can make it past round one. People please dont forget how virtual unknown Cyrille the snake Diabate (sp?) stood up with Shogun and was not out classed by any means.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diabaté's a great standup fighter, not so hot on the ground but excellent standup IMO. I'm just saying both my picks on a gut feeling...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Is anybody getting this card tonight?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Is anybody getting this card tonight?
I always have a bunch of friends over at my house and we just drink (juice ofcourse)and watch the fights.

I actually bought boxing gloves so we can fight after the card too. I'm always so hyped after watching a UFC card.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can't wait for the fight tonight, I'm goin over a friends to watch it...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be watching, never miss a fight.

Quick predictions:

-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Forrest Griffin- I think this will go closer than everyone expects. How will Shogun transition to fighting in the cage? Was he on roids in Pride? Forrest is a bigger than average LHW so if he can impose his will on Shogun early, it could cause Shogun to abandon his stand up for his submissions. I have been unimpressed with Shogun his last few fights and Id love to see the killer I saw a few years ago come back. Shogun via Split decision

-Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine- Chucks not worried about Keith which is what worries me. Hes got his mind on Wandy and could end up getting upset. Ill still take chuck via KO

-Diego Sanchez vs. Jon Fitch - I originally predicted Fitch but he came into the weighs dehydrated after having to cut weight. So I say Diego via Decision

-Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Lyoto Machida - Machida via Unanimous Decision (if he loses look for a move to MW)

-Tyson Griffin vs. Thiago Tavares - Thiago Tavares via sub
Old 09-22-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I always have a bunch of friends over at my house and we just drink (juice ofcourse)and watch the fights.

I actually bought boxing gloves so we can fight after the card too. I'm always so hyped after watching a UFC card.
That is a good idea, I am trying to get it some time then have people show up and we split the price.

I love doing MMA w/ boxing gloves it is so fun. I am best at rear naked chokes and armbars from guard bottom, but I also love to Ground and pound that is fun.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I'll be watching, never miss a fight.

Quick predictions:

-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Forrest Griffin- I think this will go closer than everyone expects. How will Shogun transition to fighting in the cage? Was he on roids in Pride? Forrest is a bigger than average LHW so if he can impose his will on Shogun early, it could cause Shogun to abandon his stand up for his submissions. I have been unimpressed with Shogun his last few fights and Id love to see the killer I saw a few years ago come back. Shogun via Split decision

-Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine- Chucks not worried about Keith which is what worries me. Hes got his mind on Wandy and could end up getting upset. Ill still take chuck via KO

-Diego Sanchez vs. Jon Fitch - I originally predicted Fitch but he came into the weighs dehydrated after having to cut weight. So I say Diego via Decision

-Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Lyoto Machida - Machida via Unanimous Decision (if he loses look for a move to MW)

-Tyson Griffin vs. Thiago Tavares - Thiago Tavares via sub
my friend is a huge shogun fan and he thinks that shogun might lose. He's been reading up and apparantly shogun hasn't trained in the octagon and he didn't watch any videos on forrest griffin. Of course, it can be the polar opposite and shogun comes out flying, but i agree, i think this will be a closer than expected fight.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Shogun via decapitation round 1

thats what i got

Old 09-22-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I have said Shogun wont walk through him like most think. I think Shogun wins but I dont think he kills him like some say. If it was in a ring then no question Shogun literally kills Forrest, but I say it at least goes to round 3.

my prediction is Shogun with a KO or submission with 1:47 left in the 3rd.