Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im excited for JZ vs Shinya man as well I just think JZ is too powerful for him.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Just saw a picture of Wandy now, he is ripped, Liddell better take this thing seriously or he is going to get KTFO real quick

surprised, I would assume he looks fatter w/ all those roid rumors, I have a feeling Liddell goes for takedowns(just a hunch feeling so it isnt the most reputable source)

with that said

WAR WAND!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does WAR mean? Is it like an acronym? I always see that when I'm reading stuff on sherdog

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is another way for saying GO WAND!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chuck can be seen showing off his beer gut in this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnebg7leVGc
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

haha he was a wierd stomach, you can see his abs but it sticks out like a beer belly.

Wand looking buff, I guess he doesnt juice up. I think Wand takes this fight. If he can handle looping rights I think he can get solid punch combos on Chuck. That is a big if, Liddell does hit hard.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know almost nobody who actually wants chuck haha
Old 12-01-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I know almost nobody who actually wants chuck haha
Im undecided at this point. Ive never rooted for Liddell in a fight ever however I dont see why Silva is such a popular fighter right now. They both are great fighters who are past their prime with cool nicknames. I think I may go for Liddell here just because another loss would be near suicide for him.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going for Lidell. I've always liked him even tough I do like other LHW's more. He has an entertaining fighting style which is pretty much all you need to impress me.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Wandy past his prime? He is only 31 years old. News flash guys, Randy was in his 40's winning titles. I think people are looking too far into Wandy losing twice in a row. He lost to Hendo, who most consider a top 3 LHW, no shame there and he lost to a guy who was a top 3 HW at the time in Cro Cop, again no shame there. IMO Wandy is #2 LHW in the world right now (since Hendo is at MW again) and the only conceivable way I see him losing to chuck is 1. If he gets caught, Chucks got TNT in his hands and if he hits you on the button your going down and 2. If the steroids rumors are true and wandy comes in looking flat ala Shogun. Otherwise I think Wandys got this fight and I do not think Rampage wants to see him for a 3rd tme.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
How is Wandy past his prime? He is only 31 years old. News flash guys, Randy was in his 40's winning titles. I think people are looking too far into Wandy losing twice in a row. He lost to Hendo, who most consider a top 3 LHW, no shame there and he lost to a guy who was a top 3 HW at the time in Cro Cop, again no shame there. IMO Wandy is #2 LHW in the world right now (since Hendo is at MW again) and the only conceivable way I see him losing to chuck is 1. If he gets caught, Chucks got TNT in his hands and if he hits you on the button your going down and 2. If the steroids rumors are true and wandy comes in looking flat ala Shogun. Otherwise I think Wandys got this fight and I do not think Rampage wants to see him for a 3rd tme.
I agree, he has 6 years left basically, he can still fight for a couple more years, getting KO by CC left foot and Dan Henderson left hand(while having the flu) doesnt mean you are past your prime.

I think he may not have been on roids, Shogun looked sluggish and fatter then usual against Forrest, and Silva still looks ripped.

I hope that fight happens, Rampage was gossiping like a little girl after he made it big saying "Silva and Shogun had extra help(steroids)" He talked trash after their 1st match saying he punched like a female dog. I would want Silva to win that fight.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Georges St. Pierre introduced the West Virginia starters on ESPN and Matt Hughes did the Pittsburgh starters.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Georges St. Pierre introduced the West Virginia starters on ESPN and Matt Hughes did the Pittsburgh starters.
wow thats interesting, was there any specific reason?

Old 12-01-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
wow thats interesting, was there any specific reason?
Not that I could see, but I will say that 95% of the people watching that game didn't understand one word that came out of GSP's mouth.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

haha St.Pierre has a wierd accent.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

those crazy canucks, probably had maple syrup in his throat

Old 12-01-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/29332/

most amazing kick I have ever seen, it is worth the time it takes to watch it.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

wow nice kick

Old 12-02-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post

Wand is a really, really old 31 tho. He has had a ton of grueling fights in MMA, not to mention the vicious vale tudo fights. I dont know if Wand is past his prime or not, but to say he is for sure not is a stretch imo.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I say Liddell is farther past his prime, I would rather be KOed by Dan Henderson and CC back to back(2 fighters who are top 3 in their weight classes at the time), then lose a kick-boxing match to Keith Jardine(a person who wasn't top 10 before the fight).
Old 12-02-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

MMA 1st death http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=10203

RIP Sam.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I'm surprised there haven't been more.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

I find it hard to understand some things in that article.

Did he fight after having numerous brain surgeries and a stroke? Or did he have those after his last fight?

Last edited by MaxV : 12-02-2007 at 04:51 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think he got that after the fight.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Randy Couture turns down fight against Nog

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...asp?a=5189&z=2

Looks like we will be seeing Tim "the sloth" Sylvia vs Nog. WAR NOG!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yep WAR Nog is right, I really hope Hunt gets into the UFC, he is always entertaining and I think he can hang with some title contenders.