Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I meant UFC judges.

Yes they need Bas in there he is the man.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if it was already announced yesterday but Tim Sylvia will take on Antonio Nogueira for the interim heavyweight championship at UFC 81. Also on the fight card as we know is the MMA debut of former wrestler Brock Lesnar against Frank Mir.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cant wait for that card, since I am a moron and accidently ordered HDTV and the regular one I wont get UFC 80, but I will definetly get UFC 81 and 82
Old 12-30-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

observations

1. GSP is straight up beast, but we all knew that, he NEEDS consistency now.
2. Either Chuck and Wandy are both washed up or both are still mad good. We will find out when they fight another Jardine like guy.
3. The judges that scored rd. 2 for Chuck are blind. Chuck did not win half of that round as suggested in this thread, not at all. He maybe won one fifth, Wandy controlled the rest and more or less owned him......that equals a round for wand.
4. Machida is good and he wasnt even so boring. Page still beats him. Let me see Shogun Machida next.

** ravens, just call ur cable company, they will take it off the bill.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

thanks Rob.

I do agree I want Machida having a title fight.

GSP is the biggest threat for Anderson Silva 185 title, that is a preety bold statement.

Wand really needed to start throwing knees he could have in round 2 but didnt.
Chuck only got that elbow that brought a ton of blood out still getting knocked down twice gives the round to Wand.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If all goes according to plan GSP will fight Serra to decide the title for real in his hometown of Montreal in April. Also what do you guys think of the possibility of GSP one day becoming the greatest 170-pounder ever?
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
thanks Rob.

I do agree I want Machida having a title fight.

GSP is the biggest threat for Anderson Silva 185 title, that is a preety bold statement.

Wand really needed to start throwing knees he could have in round 2 but didnt.
Chuck only got that elbow that brought a ton of blood out still getting knocked down twice gives the round to Wand.
well, I think Hendo has a very, very good shot as well. GSP is probably the most talented fighter in the world right now, Fedor or him for sure imo, but fedor doesnt slip up. GSP has to learn to do the same. No more losses to friggin Serra. Honestly, guy with the best shot to beat GSP at 170 is BJ Penn.

Wand should have thrown knees, I agree. Honestly tho, I think he is done (Chuck too). He looked SLOW. I mean, yeah his all access was beast, but watch him hit the pads, it was like slow motion, I think his arms may have been too big. That said, I think both Wand and Chuck are on the downside of their careers.

I would like to see Machida get a shot too. However, Forrest is lined up. So, instead of feeding him a can, I say give him Shogun. If Shogun wins, he proves he is still a top force in MMA, and if Machida wins he earns a title shot beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
If all goes according to plan GSP will fight Serra to decide the title for real in his hometown of Montreal in April. Also what do you guys think of the possibility of GSP one day becoming the greatest 170-pounder ever?
hahaha......honestly if GSP doesnt finsh as the GOAT it will be a huge disappointment. Skill wise, nobody is even close.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

to show how athetic he is, they said he started wrestling for MMA and he might wrestle in the freakin olympics.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
well, I think Hendo has a very, very good shot as well. GSP is probably the most talented fighter in the world right now, Fedor or him for sure imo, but fedor doesnt slip up. GSP has to learn to do the same. No more losses to friggin Serra. Honestly, guy with the best shot to beat GSP at 170 is BJ Penn.

Wand should have thrown knees, I agree. Honestly tho, I think he is done (Chuck too). He looked SLOW. I mean, yeah his all access was beast, but watch him hit the pads, it was like slow motion, I think his arms may have been too big. That said, I think both Wand and Chuck are on the downside of their careers.

I would like to see Machida get a shot too. However, Forrest is lined up. So, instead of feeding him a can, I say give him Shogun. If Shogun wins, he proves he is still a top force in MMA, and if Machida wins he earns a title shot beyond a shadow of a doubt.
yea I guess taking him off roids and all his fights caught up w/ him, he did a lot of bare knuckle back in his youth, it is sad to see. I wouldn't mind seeing both Chuck and Wand retire now, they both dont stand a shot against Rampage IMO and they are worn out.
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
hahaha......honestly if GSP doesnt finsh as the GOAT it will be a huge disappointment. Skill wise, nobody is even close.
I think he could end up as the greatest MMA fighter P4P of all time!
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Old 12-30-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea I guess taking him off roids and all his fights caught up w/ him, he did a lot of bare knuckle back in his youth, it is sad to see. I wouldn't mind seeing both Chuck and Wand retire now, they both dont stand a shot against Rampage IMO and they are worn out.
Wandy looked more cut in this fight then he did back in Pride, I really doubt he used roids, where did this rumor start anyways?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
for sure, altho if fedor beats couture, it will be tough to argue against him.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
to show how athetic he is, they said he started wrestling for MMA and he might wrestle in the freakin olympics.
his wrestling is sick, everything is freaking sick. BJ is really the only one i see consistently keeping it close/maybe winning outside of a fluke.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Wandy looked more cut in this fight then he did back in Pride, I really doubt he used roids, where did this rumor start anyways?
I think he was roided up. The rumors started because shogun and ninja have looked less ripped and because steroids were legal in japan and were known to be widely used in brazil. I think arona made a comment too. I actually dont look down upon roids that much, so i dont count it against him if he did juice, but imo i am thinking he did.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he was roided up. The rumors started because shogun and ninja have looked less ripped and because steroids were legal in japan and were known to be widely used in brazil. I think arona made a comment too. I actually dont look down upon roids that much, so i dont count it against him if he did juice, but imo i am thinking he did.
Shogun has never really been ripped, he did look out of shape though, just looks like a lack of training

btw in an interview where he was talking about leaving Chute Boxe he said that he might want to open his own gym but he was going to wait til' after his fight in march

any rumors going around as to who he will be fighting?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

heck I really dont care about roids, if everyone is using them in your league I understand if you would use them. Plus if it comes down to being a factory worker or a pro fighter for your life I would be tempted to take roids.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly, guy with the best shot to beat GSP at 170 is BJ Penn.
BJ has already beaten GSP! In my eyes atleast. :)
Old 12-30-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Shogun has never really been ripped, he did look out of shape though, just looks like a lack of training

btw in an interview where he was talking about leaving Chute Boxe he said that he might want to open his own gym but he was going to wait til' after his fight in march

any rumors going around as to who he will be fighting?
I remember Shogun had bacne against Lil Nog, that could have been a sign.

I heard Tito.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
I remember Shogun had bacne against Lil Nog, that could have been a sign.

I heard Tito.
lol really, guess i never looked close enough

if he loses to Ortiz i will be ashamed that i once supported him

Old 12-30-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Tito takedowns always puts him in shot IMO.

I wanna see Arona in the UFC I think he will be top 3 at 205.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:12 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GO HONG MAN!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:22 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post

GO HONG MAN!
That guy is a giant. Who is he?
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:29 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
That guy is a giant. Who is he?
He is Hong Man Choi. He is 7'2 and weighs like 370 pounds. He is fighting Fedor sometime today.