Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2007, 03:31 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
He is Hong Man Choi. He is 7'2 and weighs like 370 pounds. He is fighting Fedor sometime today.
Man the reach advantage would be brutal for that guy.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:34 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Man the reach advantage would be brutal for that guy.
He is the 6.5:1 underdog in the match so I put up $20 just to see what happens. That guy seems massive enough to put up a fight.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a spoiler for that fight but I wont post it here, PM me if you want it.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got round to watching the card (was scheduled for Sunday same time as the NFL so had to record it and watch today)

Quick thoughts:

Why on earth are Rich Clementi and Eddie Sanchez talking smack, yes they won, but how about you challenge for a title or beat a main challenger before running your mouth.

Machida looked fairly impressive, his style just seemed perfect for fighting Soko with his elusiveness but I'm yet to be convinced Machida is number 2. I'd love to see him fight with someone will to throw and be more aggressive, and with a decent ground game.

GSP is an absolute monster, that was complete and utter domination of a fighter I still believe has some left in the tank. GSP on his game could well be pound for pound the best MMA fighter.

Silva vs Liddell was exciting, but kind of sloppy I thought. I know both guys like to swing wildly, but still neither guy seemed to have a gameplan really.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Clementi was talking because his opponent was running his mouth a lot.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I got a spoiler for that fight but I wont post it here, PM me if you want it.
Its already aired, so its not really a spoiler. I got up at 6 am just to watch it. Fedor won via submission. Whose really surprised? The real surprise is what he looked like after the fight:

I thought it was a pretty dissapointing card, the Misake vs Akiyama fight was exciting, Shinya Aoki almsot got subbed by an MMA newcomer and my boy Gilbert Melendez lost a decision to Ishida :(
Old 12-31-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

dang it, you are really high on Melendez and I wanted to see him fight o well. Now we just gotta get Couture in against Fedor it will be sad to see him fight cans for the rest of his career.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here is the fight

http://www.mmatko.com/fedor-vs-hong-...deo-yarennoka/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best fight on the card was hands down the Kazuo Misaki vs Yoshihiro Akiyama fight I suggest you all watch that one. The Ishida vs Melendez fight is worth watching, clearly 2 top 10 LW's going at it.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fedor won fairly quickly, but I'm impressed with Choi. He has ability. He's a dangerous fighter.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Fedor won fairly quickly, but I'm impressed with Choi. He has ability. He's a dangerous fighter.
it's hard for anyone to match up with a 7'3 350 pound man, more of a freak fighter than anything

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
it's hard for anyone to match up with a 7'3 350 pound man, more of a freak fighter than anything
Well, he seems to move pretty well for that size and has good striking ability.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

More takes on the round 2 scoring of Liddell-Silva: http://www.themmaboards.com/showthread.php?t=4906
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:56 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

The brutal KO of IFL posterboy Chris Horodecki can now be observed in my signature.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

I know im probably late on this, but Brock Lesnar is fighting Frank Mir in UFC 81.... Thats awesome. I think its funny how the odds are Lesnar -200 and Mir +160 if you bet $100. I dont think Lesnar should be that big of a favorite.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
TapouT

I dont see how Lesnar is the favourite in this match not only is it Lesnars debut in the UFC but its only Lesnars 2nd MMA fight. Lesnar is going up against a former UFC heavyweight champ in Mir Who has way more experience then lesnar. I see Mir as more of a favourite and even with Lesnars wrestling background you have 2 also remember that Mir has great submissions and if a less experienced Lesnar is not careful he could be caught in a armbar like Tim Sylvia was. I say Mir wins
Old 01-04-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT View Post
I dont see how Lesnar is the favourite in this match not only is it Lesnars debut in the UFC but its only Lesnars 2nd MMA fight. Lesnar is going up against a former UFC heavyweight champ in Mir Who has way more experience then lesnar. I see Mir as more of a favourite and even with Lesnars wrestling background you have 2 also remember that Mir has great submissions and if a less experienced Lesnar is not careful he could be caught in a armbar like Tim Sylvia was. I say Mir wins
I agree I think at worst this should be a -110 -110 fight. But Lesnar should not be a big favorite.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 01-04-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think Mir wins, just to much expierence,but I think Lesnar can easily develop into a top 3 HWT in the UFC.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think Mir wins, just to much expierence,but I think Lesnar can easily develop into a top 3 HWT in the UFC.
Yea but like mentioned before this is only going to be his 2nd MMA fight. That may come with time, but Mir might be able to teach him a lesson or two.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 01-04-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, it's true that Lesnar still needs to work on some things, but keep in mind that he's a former wrestler and his ground attack is pretty advanced.

I believe that he'll win this one.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
TapouT

yea but even if u take in count Lesnars wrestling rememeber this Mir has had training in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Wrestling & Muay thai Lesnars wrestling skills wont be able to help him once hes trapped in a kimura or armbar. again like i said before look at what happened to Tim sylvia as like Lesnar he wrestled and he got caught in a armbar by Mir. Plus not to mention to be a top guy in the UFC u cant just have one style u have 2 be versatile.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea, I think Lesnar will do good in time, but other then wrestling Mir is better in every aspect of MMA, Lesnar will wanna get takedowns and lay and pray, I think it either is a boring 3 round fight w/ Lesnar winning or a Mir submission.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
TapouT

I agree i also think this fight will be boring and this fight in my mind gives no hope to the heavyweight division to get more excitng its in my mind the one of the worst classes in the UFC they really have no big star now with couture gone. I say Lesnar even being in ths match is just to try to give a spark to the division since there really is no one who in my mind deserves to compete for the title.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I hope Nog gets the title, I like his brother more but Nog is still my favorite HWT. I want to see Mark Hunt in the UFC, I think he can hang w/ anybody, if he gets better ground game people need to watch out, but the thing is a guy like Lesnar would get a lot of takedowns and cruise to a victory.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
TapouT

Yea i agree also Nog is in my mind one of the top guys but its a weak division so it doesent say much. but i really like gonzaga alot of people thnk that his win over Cro-Cop was a fluke but he stood in there with couture and did better then Sylva did so i say if he beats Werdum this month he deserves the next shot.