Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

View Poll Results: Who will the Steelers draft first round?
Jammal Anderson 3 12.00%
Patrick Willis 0 0%
Adam Carriker 3 12.00%
Jarvis Moss 3 12.00%
Lawrence Timmons 3 12.00%
Jon Beason 0 0%
Leon Hall 2 8.00%
Darrell Revis 4 16.00%
Paul Posluszny 2 8.00%
other 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who Will the Pick Be?

Who will we draft in the first round.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who the hell voted posluszny??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How the hell is Levi Brown not an option. Supposidly hes rated 1 on their big board and they may trade up for him.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
i.want.troys.hair
Rookie

i.want.troys.hair hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm just hoping against hope that Anderson falls that far. I think that he will be a monster.

Thanks to Jakey for the sweet sig
i.want.troys.hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted revis....i didn't include lineman because i don't think they will draft one unless they trade out of the pick.

My dislike of Brown probly swayed my choice to not include him.

If they trade down they may draft staley

I don't no who voted Paul

Mike Tirico

Old 04-25-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.want.troys.hair View Post
I'm just hoping against hope that Anderson falls that far. I think that he will be a monster.
Yes that would be suberb.....Mel Kiper has him failing all the way to Denver but I certaintly don't think that it will happen.

Mike Tirico

Old 04-25-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heres to hoping jamaal is there
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

I think we are all setting ourselves up for disapointment

Mike Tirico

Old 04-25-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
JayA55
Rookie

JayA55 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This year is such a huuuge toss up for the Steelers, I don't think anyone could say one single player for sure. This past year we knew it would most likely be a WR, Holmes or Jackson, prior we knew it would be Heath Miller, then one of the big QBs the year before.

This year, who knows, draft day will be a lot more exciting I know that though.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
lol, pos rep for that.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so you think that we will draft one of your four players??

Old 04-25-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think when they call leon hall or revis a lot of us will grumble :(
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

I won't really like a cb back pick in the first but look at it this way a corner would be the position that would have the best chance to play immediatly in nickle and dime coverages......plus if you look at our schedule next year we play many wide reciever centric teams such as Cincinati, Arizona, Seattle and New England .

Mike Tirico

Old 04-25-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
so you think that we will draft one of your four players??
Whitch four

Mike Tirico

Old 04-25-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

thos four that you mentioned in the other thread. brown, poz, and two others. ted ginn i believe. if you aren't defining disappointment by that then what do you mean when you say that you think we are setting ourselves up for disappointment??

Old 04-25-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I'm hearing a few things.

1) Zeirlein absolutely loves Justin Blalock. He says he can play all 5 positions on the line, is very strong and athletic. Very Intelligent as well. I'd look for a trade down.

2) Alan Faneca is more pissed than we thought. Supposedly he doesn't want to continue negotiations and wants out. The rumored trade is for #35 this year and 2008 2nd Rounder from Arizona.

3) Steelers will take a Tackle, but not until round 4 or 5 it seems, as they really like Allen Barbre and Mario Henderson. They think Henderson has tons of potential. Basically the LT that Starks was supposed to be.

4) We're supposedly also very interested in Andy Alleman.

5) Colbert said "We used to rotate offense 1st round pick one year and the next was defense. Well we picked offense first the last 3 years and our defense is getting a little long in the tooth..."

So with all that Said.. I guess the only way to do this is to rule out things.

Positions to rule out:

NT, S, RB, OT, QB, TE.

All other positions we could legitimately draft someone.

WR: Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem and Dwayne Jarrett would be around.
OG: Grubbs or Blalock (Play any oline position)

DE: Carriker, or Harrell (Hopefully through a trade down)
LB: Anderson, Beason, Timmons, Spencer, Poz.

CB: Revis.

I'd like to think that if we trade Faneca, our first pick is Blalock.

Kemo can play LG (Supposedly he looked amazing in mini-camp), Blalock the Center, Mahan the RG, and Starks at RT.

My best guess?

Frankly I have no clue. Watch for the Faneca trade and if we trade down, that will give you a better idea.

And if Faneca is gone, I bet we pick up Blalock.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
thos four that you mentioned in the other thread. brown, poz, and two others. ted ginn i believe. if you aren't defining disappointment by that then what do you mean when you say that you think we are setting ourselves up for disappointment??
I don't think we will draft any of those four.

I said we are setting ourselves up for dispointment because I think many of us including me want....Jammal Anderson

Mike Tirico

Old 04-26-2007, 08:25 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Right now, I'm hearing a few things.

1) Zeirlein absolutely loves Justin Blalock. He says he can play all 5 positions on the line, is very strong and athletic. Very Intelligent as well. I'd look for a trade down.

2) Alan Faneca is more pissed than we thought. Supposedly he doesn't want to continue negotiations and wants out. The rumored trade is for #35 this year and 2008 2nd Rounder from Arizona.

3) Steelers will take a Tackle, but not until round 4 or 5 it seems, as they really like Allen Barbre and Mario Henderson. They think Henderson has tons of potential. Basically the LT that Starks was supposed to be.

4) We're supposedly also very interested in Andy Alleman.

5) Colbert said "We used to rotate offense 1st round pick one year and the next was defense. Well we picked offense first the last 3 years and our defense is getting a little long in the tooth..."

So with all that Said.. I guess the only way to do this is to rule out things.

Positions to rule out:

NT, S, RB, OT, QB, TE.

All other positions we could legitimately draft someone.

WR: Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem and Dwayne Jarrett would be around.
OG: Grubbs or Blalock (Play any oline position)

DE: Carriker, or Harrell (Hopefully through a trade down)
LB: Anderson, Beason, Timmons, Spencer, Poz.

CB: Revis.

I'd like to think that if we trade Faneca, our first pick is Blalock.

Kemo can play LG (Supposedly he looked amazing in mini-camp), Blalock the Center, Mahan the RG, and Starks at RT.

My best guess?

Frankly I have no clue. Watch for the Faneca trade and if we trade down, that will give you a better idea.

And if Faneca is gone, I bet we pick up Blalock.

I hope the Faneca trade happens if he is really that unhappy trade him and grab Sears or Blaylock

I like Allman as well

Mike Tirico

Old 04-26-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

I was the first to vote for Poz, and not the last. The best linebacker in PSU history will look good in black and gold for a long time.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPete View Post
I was the first to vote for Poz, and not the last. The best linebacker in PSU history will look good in black and gold for a long time.
Eva Longoria probably looks good as hell in black and gold but that doesn't mean she should be playing for the Steelers. I just don't see where he would be that good in a 3-4. to small for ILB and not enough speed and pass rushing skills for OLB. just doesn't make sense to me.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The thing that doesn't make sense, is we need T's more than we need G's. Kemo and Colon are both better suited for G than T. Both are 6-3 and about 330. Protype G size. Starks is a FA next year, and Smith is the next. Take a LT this year, a RT next year. That gives both of them a year to get used to the NFL before they have to play.
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

I think will be a very good line backer in a 4-3 system that has large defensive lineman to protect him.

He isn't a pass rusher and thats what we need....a pass rush.

Mike Tirico

Old 04-26-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdg View Post
The thing that doesn't make sense, is we need T's more than we need G's. Kemo and Colon are both better suited for G than T. Both are 6-3 and about 330. Protype G size. Starks is a FA next year, and Smith is the next. Take a LT this year, a RT next year. That gives both of them a year to get used to the NFL before they have to play.
We still have Colon and Essex.

I think I said this in another thread, but.. Watch for Blalock (Center), Alleman (Gaurd) and Barbre (LT)

Old 04-26-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I think will be a very good line backer in a 4-3 system that has large defensive lineman to protect him.

He isn't a pass rusher and thats what we need....a pass rush.
IE Jacksonville.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
IE Jacksonville.
I couldn't agree more

Mike Tirico