Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-25-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.
Default Alan Branch

Listen to this question from a chat wrap on ESPN.com.

Quote:
Todd (FL): How far would Branch slip - could he be skipped in first round completely?

SportsNation Mel Kiper: No. He's too physically gifted to slide too far. The thing that hurt him in my mind was that he wasn't that productive. Okoye had 55 tackles and Branch only had 25. The production just wasn't there. You're drafting him more on just physical prowess. He could go to 11 or 13 to St. Louis. He could go 23 to KC. He could go 25 to the Jets. He could go to any of those teams.
Now I know some people aren't the biggest fans of biggest fans of ESPN or Kiper, and you can include me in that boat, but what does everyone think of Branch falling to #22? And if he does is there any chance we don't take him?
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Listen to this question from a chat wrap on ESPN.com.

Now I know some people aren't the biggest fans of biggest fans of ESPN or Kiper, and you can include me in that boat, but what does everyone think of Branch falling to #22? And if he does is there any chance we don't take him?
He could definately fall to 22, although I find it hard to believe he'd get past the Bengals and Broncos, but just because he's there at 22 doesn't mean we take him (see Steven Jackson)
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Yea, but if he was at 22, I don't think we can pass him up. We would have our NT of the future, and a top 3-5 talent at 22.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Lynch, Nelson and Branch are at 22, I can see Jerry trading down and we miss on all of them. It's my nightmare repeat of 2004.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

I know. I will be honest, when we passed on Jackson, I cried. I literally cried. I was 14, and I cried.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know. I will be honest, when we passed on Jackson, I cried. I literally cried. I was 14, and I cried.
I was bouncing up and down so excited when we were on the clock...

then I heard the announcement and I threw my nerf football straight into the TV.

No lie.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

then I heard the announcement and I threw my nerf football straight into the TV.

No lie.
I was pissed, they even had the camera on Jackson, talking on the phone and going into his love for the Cowboys growing up. Ahhhhhhhhhh! I'm still mad about that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

I went to myy back deck and started crying and throwing stuff, and my mom tried to calm me down, lol. But if Wade makes Spears a pro-bowler I won't be as mad, and I think he will.

And M.O.T.H. I remember every bit of it. I even remember he was at the counter of the kitchen with his family in the background and he was on his phone. I even remember the color of his counter top, white.

:(

Last edited by Achilles33 : 04-25-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

No lie.
I thought it would take less than 30 seconds to get the card up, I was so freakin excited that we got a guy who most thought was a top 15 pick, I was jumping up and down yelling we jost got Steven Jackson, and then they said Buffalo is now on the clock, I smashed the keyboard of my laptop, was lucky I didn't break it, then I turned off the TV for a good 30 minutes or so cause I couldn't bear to watch....then after going outside for a breather I came back inside and convinced myself it was a good trade...in Bill we trust....but I don't know that I was happy about it till we landed Spears and DWare a year later.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes View Post
I thought it would take less than 30 seconds to get the card up, I was so freakin excited that we got a guy who most thought was a top 15 pick, I was jumping up and down yelling we jost got Steven Jackson, and then they said Buffalo is now on the clock, I smashed the keyboard of my laptop, was lucky I didn't break it, then I turned off the TV for a good 30 minutes or so cause I couldn't bear to watch....then after going outside for a breather I came back inside and convinced myself it was a good trade...in Bill we trust....but I don't know that I was happy about it till we landed Spears and DWare a year later.
The rest of the draft made me more mad... Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman... I was not high on Julius Jones... Every pick, I was like... Who??? Patrick Crayton? I was just pissed at everything that day.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Sounds just like me.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The rest of the draft made me more mad... Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman... I was not high on Julius Jones... Every pick, I was like... Who??? Patrick Crayton? I was just pissed at everything that day.
We didnt do too bad late in that draft, with Crayton, Reeves, and Nate Jones but, overall that draft was a big failure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-25-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

It was just a bunch of mediocre players.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
It was just a bunch of mediocre players.
We got the most value out of the 7th. ha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-25-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
We got the most value out of the 7th. ha.
Was reading some site today that does draft grades 3 years later and we got an F for 2004, I don't agree with the F, because we did pick up the #1 pick and JJ has been pretty decent 2nd round value and Crayton in the 7th should get you some brownie points. I would at least give it a C- or D
Old 04-25-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but does it make up for peterman and Rogers?
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes View Post
Was reading some site today that does draft grades 3 years later and we got an F for 2004, I don't agree with the F, because we did pick up the #1 pick and JJ has been pretty decent 2nd round value and Crayton in the 7th should get you some brownie points. I would at least give it a C- or D
It definitely wasn't one of Parcells or the Cowboys' shining moments. I started screaming at the TV, and my dog ran and hid.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Lynch, Nelson and Branch are at 22, I can see Jerry trading down and we miss on all of them. It's my nightmare repeat of 2004.
I wouldn't mind this if it's only down a couple of spots.

However, I think if Branch is there, you absolutely have to take him. His measurable are rare; you just don't get guys like that late in the 1st.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
It definitely wasn't one of Parcells or the Cowboys' shining moments. I started screaming at the TV, and my dog ran and hid.
Parcells? Try Lacewell and Jones. Parcells was never a wheeler dealer on draft day in any of his other clubs.

2004 was classic Jones with Lacewell as his accomplice.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I wouldn't mind this if it's only down a couple of spots.

However, I think if Branch is there, you absolutely have to take him. His measurable are rare; you just don't get guys like that late in the 1st.

Take Branch. Send him to the weight room. He is flabby. Meechigan eatin .... too many midnight burritos at Pancheros. Great town though.

In two years the guy will be a rock physically and and All-Pro barring injuries.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We NEED to take Branch if he falls to 22. This is pure logic. He will play a lot, as sure a thing for the cowboys as there is in this draft.

Seriously, what prospect aside from him can you honestly say would play a lot, barring trading a player for a pick (ie-JJ for the 14 pick, and then taking Lynch) who would play aas much as Branch. He has potential, and will play this year. He is not a Bobby Carpenter. He will make us better now!!!
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: I calmed down

Last edited by Paul : 04-27-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need to take him, if available, without a question. The biggest thing that we need is a potential "wow" player (in Jerry's words), that can either come in and start right away, or have a legititmately realistic shot at being a star within a couple years. Branch would be that player for us, at maybe our biggest position of need.

Besides that, there are no other serious NT prospects in the draft that I am interested in. I don't know if D-Unit is still hobbing on Tank Tyler's knob, but I have never liked him, and would be strongly opposed to drafting him. Branch has the potential to be the best NT in the game in the 3 years. You have to take a shot, even if there is a high level of risk involved.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I think we need to take him, if available, without a question. The biggest thing that we need is a potential "wow" player (in Jerry's words), that can either come in and start right away, or have a legititmately realistic shot at being a star within a couple years. Branch would be that player for us, at maybe our biggest position of need.

Besides that, there are no other serious NT prospects in the draft that I am interested in. I don't know if D-Unit is still hobbing on Tank Tyler's knob, but I have never liked him, and would be strongly opposed to drafting him. Branch has the potential to be the best NT in the game in the 3 years. You have to take a shot, even if there is a high level of risk involved.
Tyler was always second fiddle to Branch as far as NT prospects go. Branch's fall is the only reason why we can begin to talk about him now and that makes me excited.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

The 370lbs Thomas has as good a shot as Branch to be great in three years. Just think Branch is more ready to play now.

Both are high risk though Branch less so. DT is a total guess who makes it. Requires kids remake their bodies and be able to take a pounding.