Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-26-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

HuskerNation needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
So did those dominant Cowboys from OK St.
Alamo Bowl, nuff said. We own you.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan State? Were you ever good?
HuskerNation, hey yeah you own Michigan because of a second-tier bowl win on a year where Michigan had their worst season in a while? Suuuuuuuuuuuure you do.

JCarver, perhaps the 126 people that have said it on this board didn't get to you. Adrian Arrington IS playing this year, so yep, I'll take Arrington over Robiskie. gstock05, please, let's not compare some nobody on the Buckeyes to Braylon Edwards. Let me know when Robiskie catches 97 balls in a season for over 1300 yards while consistently getting double and triple teamed and we'll discuss a comparison. By the way, Braylon Edwards, asmitty45, since you're such a big Sparty fan, you remember him right? Triple OT cough cough
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess when you're a Nebraska fan the most you can get excited for is when your team catches a big 10 power on a down year in a bowl game. Not like there's any chance of them winning the Big XII anyway, so take what you can get right?
Old 04-26-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

JCarver27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Michigan State? Were you ever good?
HuskerNation, hey yeah you own Michigan because of a second-tier bowl win on a year where Michigan had their worst season in a while? Suuuuuuuuuuuure you do.

JCarver, perhaps the 126 people that have said it on this board didn't get to you. Adrian Arrington IS playing this year, so yep, I'll take Arrington over Robiskie. gstock05, please, let's not compare some nobody on the Buckeyes to Braylon Edwards. Let me know when Robiskie catches 97 balls in a season for over 1300 yards while consistently getting double and triple teamed and we'll discuss a comparison. By the way, Braylon Edwards, asmitty45, since you're such a big Sparty fan, you remember him right? Triple OT cough cough
So nobody is allowed to be talked about until after they're good? I'm guessing this only applies to non-Michigan players though.

How's Marge?
JCarver27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
I guess when you're a Nebraska fan the most you can get excited for is when your team catches a big 10 power on a down year in a bowl game. Not like there's any chance of them winning the Big XII anyway, so take what you can get right?
Yeah, a down year. They had all the same players they had last year when they were supposedly so great. So were they just taking it easy on us?
Old 04-26-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver27 View Post
So nobody is allowed to be talked about until after they're good? I'm guessing this only applies to non-Michigan players though.

How's Marge?

I don't even see any Mich people comparing Manningham to Braylon...

Nobody is ragging on OSU, but there is no doubt they need to reload their playmakers, so lets see how that goes before there is talk of them winning the big ten.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:

How's Marge?

No, that's not what I said. I said the comparing an unproven receiver to one of the greatest receivers in Big 10 history isn't very accurate. Sorry I don't see the comparison. Braylon Edwards dominated the Big 10. Robiskie had a few good plays.

HuskerNation, is that a serious statement? Mike Hart was banged up the whole year, the defense underachieved and the team sucked in general. If you can't see the difference between 7-5 and 11-2, you have issues.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
No, that's not what I said. I said the comparing an unproven receiver to one of the greatest receivers in Big 10 history isn't very accurate. Sorry I don't see the comparison. Braylon Edwards dominated the Big 10. Robiskie had a few good plays.

HuskerNation, is that a serious statement? Mike Hart was banged up the whole year, the defense underachieved and the team sucked in general. If you can't see the difference between 7-5 and 11-2, you have issues.
And you think that was our best team we ever put on the field? Give me a break. They had way more talent than us and we stomped their asses in the second half. Bottom line.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Of course you guys won the Alamo Bowl. Nebraska is the king of mediocre bowls baby! Stomped their asses? Yeah um didn't you win because Tyler Ecker was too ******** to realize he runs a 9.76 in the 40 and not pitch it to Breaston? I guess if you win one game you "own" another team. If that's the way it works we have to re-evaluate certain series over the course of history. Hey good season for Nebraska this year! Only 5 losses!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
Of course you guys won the Alamo Bowl. Nebraska is the king of mediocre bowls baby! Stomped their asses? Yeah um didn't you win because Tyler Ecker was too ******** to realize he runs a 9.76 in the 40 and not pitch it to Breaston? I guess if you win one game you "own" another team. If that's the way it works we have to re-evaluate certain series over the course of history. Hey good season for Nebraska this year! Only 5 losses!
When a school is rebuilding and manages to knock off a school like Michigan it's something special. We're fine for now chillin with our 5 national titles while we rebuild. Don't worry bout us.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Like I said, if it's a big deal to beat a watered-down Michigan team, then good for you
Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
Like I said, if it's a big deal to beat a watered-down Michigan team, then good for you
When we are rebuilding it is a big deal to get your first bowl win under a new coach and get the program going in the right direction. If you don't understand that then you are one stupid motherf*cker.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

sniper26, can you say anything constructive or do you really have nothing but insults because none of us want to hear it.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
snuff

Guys, Guys.... Don't worry... Michigan has Stevie Brown, Jonas Mouton, Donavon Warren, and Brandon Graham... We are going to have like the bestest of bestest defensive in the universe. I mean it doesn't matter that they havent proven anythingz they were good recruits and had a good spring... Duh there going to be great.

Oh and thanks for letting me know Adrian Arrington isn't playing next year... News to me... I hear Beanie Wells isn't playing next year either... You know where I got that info? Yeah, same place you did... From my ass.

Jbond do any of these kids stay in your dorm? You need to hold bias 101 for them.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Guys, Guys.... Don't worry... Michigan has Stevie Brown, Jonas Mouton, Donavon Warren, and Brandon Graham... We are going to have like the bestest of bestest defensive in the universe. I mean it doesn't matter that they havent proven anythingz they were good recruits and had a good spring... Duh there going to be great.

Oh and thanks for letting me know Adrian Arrington isn't playing next year... News to me... I hear Beanie Wells isn't playing next year either... You know where I got that info? Yeah, same place you did... From my ass.

Jbond do any of these kids stay in your dorm? You need to hold bias 101 for them.
You'd think a guy supposedly going to college would know the difference between they're and there. LMAO
Old 04-26-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerNation View Post
You'd think a guy supposedly going to college would know the difference between they're and there. LMAO
Who says I don't know the difference?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
Who says I don't know the difference?
"There going to be great" LOL
Old 04-26-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
"There going to be great" LOL
K, I got it wrong, I admit that, but that doesn't mean I don't know the difference...
Old 04-26-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

JCarver27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

How adult. Well played.
JCarver27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
K, I got it wrong, I admit that, but that doesn't mean I don't know the difference...
Sure it does. Or else you would have used the correct word.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Sure it does. Or else you would have used the correct word.
Ok, I can't deny that. Great logic. So every mistake in typing or spelling is because you don't know how to spell it, not because you accidentally used the wrong word.

Quote:
How adult. Well played.
Thanks, I strive to keep these idiotic conversations on-line.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

OhioState, flip through the first page of the thread. You will notice I did say constructive stuff. Sorry if it isn't to your taste. I complimented Ohio State numerous times (i.e that d-line my oh my, Beanie Wells is good but unproven) So calm the ****** down, we're allowed to like different teams.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's that smell...*sniff* *sniff* oh that's some severe homerism coming from Buckeye land. I'll give you the defense but losing every offensive weapon you had last season, come on now. Oh and your only concern is going to be the QB position, yea that might be pretty important right there that your QB does well if you say you're going to win as many games as you think. 1 loss this season in the Big 10? I beg to differ on that one. I can assume things too....Let's see:

Offense:

QB - Juice has a bunch of talent so he's going to win the Heisman

RB - Mendenhall has the tools to be a great RB, so that's All Big 10 and 20 TD's this season.

WR - We've got Benn and some other people with talent. They'll be so awesome that no one will guard them.

OL: We bring back 3 starters on our OL, which wasn't very good, but hey I'm optimistic so I'll say they stomp on opposing defenses. Got some studly OL recruits coming in too, and they'll be dynamite.

TE - Cumberland and HooMan are very talented, so yea, they're going to dominate.

Defense (a little more rational):

DL: Norwell, Pilcher, Brown, Lindquist, McCray, Brent, Walker...That's a pretty nice rotation right there.

LB: Steele, Leman, and Miller. The best area of our defense. Add in Tez who will play LB next season and that's a dominant group, arguably the best in the Big 10 IMO.

Secondary: Return 3 or 4 starters. Freshman sensation Vontae Davis and two very solid safeties in Harrison and Mitchell. Bellamy and Duvalt are both very promising CB's.

So yea, I'm going to say we only lose 2 games in the conference because I'm very optimistic about our season.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and since no one mentioned Illinois I'll chime in. I'm not saying we're going to win the conference, because it's not going to happen. But I think we'll surprise some people. We're still at least a year away from making a jump IMO but this year will be exciting. A bunch of talent, but a bunch of youth as well. I think we'll be around the .500 mark and hopefully push for a low bowl game. A lot of it depends on how well Juice has developed. Our running game will be good, and we have an upgrade at WR. The OL is the biggest question mark of this team IMO. They were horrid last season and it worries me a bit to see that we lost 2 starters. The defense will be exciting to watch, returning 9 of 11 starters. And Alan Ball IMO won't be that big of a loss anyways. I will miss Norris though, he was a solid player. I'm excited to see Juice, Benn, and Mendenhall the most. Those three could have some pretty big years (especially Benn and Mendenhall). Juice is still a year away IMO from being that "impact" player we Illini fans think he can be, but he'll be fun to watch with his running ability and his arm.

I think we'll finish 6-6 and around .500 in the conference, at least that's what I'm hoping anyway.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope Davis doesn't fizzle out, I really like him and i think he has the potential to be a top 5 pick in the NFL.