Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-25-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bengals Trade 18th pick to Chiefs

This trade didn't go down yet but look for it to happen on draft day. We would move down from 18 to 23 and pick up their 3rd round pick. This would allow us to draft either Griffin or Houston with much better value than at 18. Not only does this get us our guy in Griffin or Houston but it also gets us the 3rd rounder that I think would really help us out. The only way that this is going to happen is if Ginn is still there at 18. Kansas City is looking to get him so that he can stretch the field, which will make Johnson all the more effective. If you all noticed they just sent Dante Hall packing and Ginn would step right in as their kick returner. The trade even makes sense when you look at the draft value chart. It is a 140 point difference in value from the 18th pick to the 23rd. If we get their 3rd round pick it has a value of 155 points. This is close enough in value that we can pull it off. Look for this on draft day. Tell me what you think about it. Would you guys like to see this?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Ronniec513
Rookie

Ronniec513 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I thought the same thing when I saw that Hall trade. It's pretty obvious to me that all the published "interest" in ginn from the bengals is a smokescreen to get someone to trade up in front of Tennessee to nab him. I was thinking maybe the cowboys would bite but when I saw that trade I thought this was a possibility as well. The only problem with this scenario, for me at least, is that the cowboys will snatch Griffin at 22 and thats the guy I'd like to see in stripes. I think they would take Aaron Ross out of Texas before Houston, they seem to have alot of interest in him especially with his PR abilities. I think in that situation their board would look like this:
1. Ross
2. Griffin
3. Beason
4. Houston

It would be nice to get that 3rd rounder back though, thats for sure.
Ronniec513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trade down where you can for a 3rd rounder, pick up micheal griffin, been sayin it forever and im not changing my opinion.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah if there's no Alan Branch or Reggie Nelson there I'm all for that trade.

Wouldn't OL be their biggest concern at this point though?

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 04-25-2007 at 11:11 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't want anything to do with Alan Branch and i wouldnt mind Nelson because i like his attitude and playmaking ability but i just have a feeling about Griffin and if we can get him and a 3rd rounder we'd be golden.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

link??????????

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:31 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a gamble on the part of the Chiefs as their other day one picks need to help out the OL.

I was actually thinking the other day (after Shields retired) why the Chiefs would not offer up a second rounder for Stacy Andrews?
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like pure speculation to me.......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd be in favor of that or a move with NE at 24 to get our 3rd back. Even if we pass up Nelson. I'd be satisfied with Griffin or Ross.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Slim chance of this happening. The Chiefs fully realize they are in a rebuilding mode, so they are trying to stock up as many picks as they can, rather than trade up for players.

KC has a TON of needs this year and it doesn't make sense to trade up for any player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

I've called this same trade for like the past 2 weeks. Except for Joe Staley not Ginn. I think it's honestly our only trade partner besides Denver if they can't move up any further.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The trade wouldn't bother me as long as we use that opportunity to draft Griffin or Ross. I'm a huge Longhorn fan so I'm all for it
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
The trade wouldn't bother me as long as we use that opportunity to draft Griffin or Ross. I'm a huge Longhorn fan so I'm all for it
Griffinis fine at that spot but not Ross. Ross is not a first rounder.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this just a speculatory guess, or do you have some sort of insider information?

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
Is this just a speculatory guess, or do you have some sort of insider information?
This is not true. I just want the Chiefs or Cowboys to trade up with us.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

The Chiefs will not trade up for Ginn.