Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-25-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.
Default Potential Draft Day Trade

Just got a phone call telling me that Reese has been inquiring about Jets LB Eric Barton and could be a part of a draft day trade. Not sure of any details but just keep it in mind for Saturday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really want BArton on the team. I know he's a solid player but he's also getting up their in age and I'll never forget his bonehead move against the Chargers in the playoffs. I think we have enough Lb's on the team and if the staff really felt we needed to add one I'd rather do it in the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I don't want to give anything big up for him. Clearly no first day picks. Late round only for sure. Even then, it depends what we're trading.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Eh, I don't want to give anything big up for him. Clearly no first day picks. Late round only for sure. Even then, it depends what we're trading.
I'm assuming this would likely be a trade up for the Jets....A swap of 1sts and Giants get Barton.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-25-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting. That might be a good thing for us really. Could give us some more flexibility with the pick for taking the player we want.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all this talk about us trading down it seems like we are maybe targeting someone that Reese feels will be there later. Any assumptions by anyone?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
With all this talk about us trading down it seems like we are maybe targeting someone that Reese feels will be there later. Any assumptions by anyone?
Honestly....Meriweather.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-25-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Honestly....Meriweather.
I don't know how much I like that. I know we don't have a true FS but I still think Wilson and Demps could get the job done.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Reggie Nelson? Switching 1st Round picks with the Jets means the G-Men pick right before the Eagles, and I don't think Nelson will get past the Eagles.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Well, I know a lot of people hate it, but perhaps Joe Staley. Maybe Paul Posluszny or Jon Beason even. Unlikely it's any of the cornerbacks. Maybe Michael Griffith?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't know how much I like that. I know we don't have a true FS but I still think Wilson and Demps could get the job done.
I'm not saying that is what I would do (although I wouldn't mind it) but I think Reese likes Meriweather, pure speculation though.

I think that if the 3 players Reese is targeting are off the board at 20, and a Carriker, Branch, Olsen, or Brown is sitting there at 20, Jets would be intrigued to make a move up and dump a LB that doesn't fit the 3-4.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Interesting. That might be a good thing for us really. Could give us some more flexibility with the pick for taking the player we want.
ya actually i think its brilliant. the jets are 25. we are 20. timmons stock is falling and beason could still be there @ 20 along with guys like chris houston or aaron ross who i dont want us taking but still. I do not want to do it unless levi brown, darelle revis patrick willis or alan branch is gone. i still would want to draft an OLB though because barton is simply an ok player- nothing more. same with kawika mitchell, hes just an ok player who signed for 1 year. i still think havin great young lbs like pierce, timmons/beason, wilkinson/torbor is ok. I know if we did that trade we would not a draft an OLB most likely but i would still want one because i love those guys and i think they would bring a great dimension to our defense.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I'm not saying that is what I would do (although I wouldn't mind it) but I think Reese likes Meriweather, pure speculation though.

I think that if the 3 players Reese is targeting are off the board at 20, and a Carriker, Branch, Olsen, or Brown is sitting there at 20, Jets would be intrigued to make a move up and dump a LB that doesn't fit the 3-4.
If Branch is still there at 20 then we better jump on him. I know you are speculation on Meriweather I was just saying if we did go in that direction I wouldn't like it that much depending on who else is on the board.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Branch is still there at 20 then we better jump on him. I know you are speculation on Meriweather I was just saying if we did go in that direction I wouldn't like it that much depending on who else is on the board.
i totally agree. i think if branch is there and even if brown is there, which is doubtful at this point, we better put aside need and jump on it

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A swap of first rounders between us and the Jets with us picking up Barton would roughly value him at the 92nd or 93rd pick of the draft. Very late 3rd round. I can't see Reese placing that type of value on Barton. Maybe Barton and a 4th in addition to switching.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
A swap of first rounders between us and the Jets with us picking up Barton would roughly value him at the 92nd or 93rd pick of the draft. Very late 3rd round. I can't see Reese placing that type of value on Barton. Maybe Barton and a 4th in addition to switching.
I was thinking that myself actually. It seems like a bit much to swap first rounders for Barton. I'd love to do that, and also get a fourth rounder in the process. We could use it too.