Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 09-06-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

I think the Fridge needs to go...

there's NO reason we should have only beat DE by 1 score and this game against MTSU is awful. Scott and Heyward-Bey should be burning this team, just awful coaching and playcalling all around.

I've defended Friedgen for WAAY too long, I'm sick of it.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

And Turner throws a DISGUSTING pick to end the game. Steffy and Turner cannot play. They just can't. I'm not saying Portis is the savior, but we haven't even given the guy an extended amount of playing time to show what he can do.

This is getting rather ridiculous Ralphie.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey here's an idea, every time we put Portis in the other team stacks 9 knowing he is gonna run. He is a QB, he does have the best arm on the team, how bout 1 goddam pass attempt!!!!!!

Absolute disgrace Friedgen MUST GO!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gosh play Fricken Josh Portis. The threat of Scott out of the backfield as a runner and receiver, Heyward Bey on the outside and Portis as a runner would inflict fear in any team. It really is terrible the playcalling. Scott and Heyward-Bey are as explosive as anyone in the country at their respective positions.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should have read the 4 previous posts in this thread before I wrote this post
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:33 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win by Maryland, especially after last week, although that was a pathetic 4th quarter, and not making excuses for Cal but they did look really flat in the first half. But that doesn't matter I couldn't believe the Maryland offense was moving the ball. DaRel Scott was money again, hopefully he's not hurt bad, but Meggett is good. Heyward-Bey showed his pro potential but still will suffer statistically because of QB play. Turner played well but still misses so many open reads. They should just move Portis to RB because it's clear when he's in that he will never throw it. On defense we haven't seen pressure on the QB like that in a while. Kevin Barnes is a legit midround prospect IMO, but the secondary was poor in the 2nd half. Hopefully they don't play like that the rest of the season. But today showed that when we are on, we can beat any team in the ACC.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Yeah solid win, 3-1 is a nice way to start off the season, though we should be 4-0 (I'm not about to forget about that dreadful performance against MTSU). I'm with you on Kevin Barnes, I think he's got great pro potential.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Yeah solid win, 3-1 is a nice way to start off the season, though we should be 4-0 (I'm not about to forget about that dreadful performance against MTSU). I'm with you on Kevin Barnes, I think he's got great pro potential.
Too bad Scott didn't play today he was 5th in the nation in rushing, but it's alright not worth risking him. Heyward Bey is absolutely electric when he touches the ball, so sad they can only get it to him so few times. But who's complaining the way we are scoring. I also think we could see Josh Portis move to wideout next season. Maybe a 4th or 5th wideout who gets Screens and reverses because it looks like they are set on Turner for the rest of their careers.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Kenny Tate redshirt?
Old 09-27-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Did Kenny Tate redshirt?
He's played a little every game I think, I definitely saw him a couple times against Cal. Fridge always talks about how impressive he is in practice, so I'd like to see him get in more. At the very least design some trick plays he could use his versatility with on offense although apparently his progression at safety has been impressive. I still think though that he will eventually move back to wideout, which will be much needed when Danny and DHB leave school. But if he gets the whole safety thing down at 6-3"/6-4", 220-230 or so, he could be a freak.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lucky ass win today, I really hate Chris Turner, Josh Portis needs to be the starter end of story!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Lucky ass win today, I really hate Chris Turner, Josh Portis needs to be the starter end of story!
I dont know, Turner didn't play great but he didn't turn the ball over, and he made some key plays in the 4th quarter to run out the clock. I would like to see more of Portis, but keep Turner in there as the starter

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Turner stands in the pocket which is nice but he throws an awful ball. It always floats. Later in the year those will be INT's, I don't think I have ever seen him hit a wide receiver in stride. They always have to either dive down because it was under thrown or jump high and get lit up because it was overthrown. I feel sorry for Da'rell Scott, Turner sett him up to get blasted so many times on the screens. If you see a defender an inch from the back, don't throw it to him. Also they need to find more ways to get DHB the ball. He is absolute electricity but I can't stand how many times Turner misses and DHB wide open for a big TD, or he underthrows it to allow the defense to catch up. Hell if we still had Sam Hollenbach DHB would have 10 TD's already. Ronnie Tyler looks very exciting. Maryland better crush UVA next week. This could be a good opportunity to give their confidence an even bigger boost with a 21+ point victory. I mean look what UVA has done so far:

Loss vs. USC 52-7.
Loss vs. UCONN 45-10.
Loss vs. Duke 31-3.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 09-27-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Something still tells me that UVA is gonna win this game. We always play to the level of our competition and I will never feel comfortable with Turner leading this team.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 09-29-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
I dont know, Turner didn't play great but he didn't turn the ball over, and he made some key plays in the 4th quarter to run out the clock. I would like to see more of Portis, but keep Turner in there as the starter
id like to at least see Portis get the chance to throw the ball a few times a game to see what we are working with. he can't be any worse than turner. turner throws such a terrible deep ball and his timing is awful. as of now if portis is in then theres probably an 85-90% chance he is running the ball. id like to see the fridge give him a few more throws.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
id like to at least see Portis get the chance to throw the ball a few times a game to see what we are working with. he can't be any worse than turner. turner throws such a terrible deep ball and his timing is awful. as of now if portis is in then theres probably an 85-90% chance he is running the ball. id like to see the fridge give him a few more throws.
Portis also only knows about 25 - 50% of the play book, there is a lot more to being a quarterback than just being able to throw the ball.

But I agree, I want to work him in the offense a bit more, maybe 15 - 20 snaps a game at least

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Something still tells me that UVA is gonna win this game. We always play to the level of our competition and I will never feel comfortable with Turner leading this team.
UVA has the second worst offense in D1 football, like 119th of 120 teams, lol. Also Their defense is probably not in the top 70, so if Terps lose it would be worst than losing to MTU. UVA is awful.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:

When did you become a psychic ERU?
Old 10-04-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:

When did you become a psychic ERU?
I just knew it was coming, we're the typical Friedgen coached team. We play to the level of our opponent and never fullfill our potential! FRIEDGEN MUST GO!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-05-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Haha we didn't even play to the level of UVA, we played to the level of like William & Mary.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I love the Fridge but it might be time for him to move on.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
I love the Fridge but it might be time for him to move on.

By your scale, what would he have to do to make it so that you say "he must go" not "he might have to go"?

Because to me, losing top recruits constantly out of your own state, and not getting the ball to the hands of your playmakers, never having your team ready to play in games they should win, constantly letting the better players be on the bench because they dont practice as well as the scrubs that he plays is enough for him to get the **** out now!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-27-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

The game on Thursday in Blacksburg is going to be my ACC game of the year. Hopefully we get their 3rd string QB, but I am ready for anyone. If we beat them on a Thursday night in Blacksburg on National television, we will officially be on the map this year.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Imagine how good this team would be if they had a quarterback.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

terps basketball thread? season starts tonight!