Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-26-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.
Default Interesting Quote for Lynch Lovers (D-Unit)

Quote from Norm Hitzges chap wrap from today:

Here are the players I think the Cowboys will choose from. Two will be longshots, although I think he goes before Dallas drafts Marshawn Lynch of Cal and Dwayne Jarrett of USC.
CB's Aaron Ross of UT, Darrell Revis of Pitt, safeties Reggie Nelson of UF and Brandon Meriweather of UM, Anthony Spencer of Purdue and Justin Harrell of Tennessee.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's pretty much stating the obvious. And WTH are were suppose to do with Harrell?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
He's pretty much stating the obvious. And WTH are were suppose to do with Harrell?
I know he's stating the obvious, but any Lynch to Dallas speculation is worth quoting on this board, because of the love hate nature for him here.

Some think Harrell could play DE in the 3-4, and he could slide down inside on the Nickel. I dunno, haven't really studied him, but you never know, maybe they want a replacement for Spears and we just don' t know it yet?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

Oh and while Norm isn't as informed as some draft Guru's, he does have some pretty good contacts and insight into the Cowboys. I'm not saying he knows who the pick will be but he might have been given some hints from an insider. I mean almost nobody has even mentioned Dallas and Lynch in the same sentence outside of this board that i've seen, and I don't think Norm just pulled it out of his a** , or maybe he did who knows.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norm does have some contacts. They may not always be right, but he pretty darn close most of the time.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet find! I have a hunch Jerry will try to make a move for AD though.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sweet find! I have a hunch Jerry will try to make a move for AD though.
I hope your hunch is right.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oh yeah that would be amazing
Old 04-26-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we couldnt pull off a trade for an RB, I'm starting to think Meriweather may be our guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-26-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
If we couldnt pull off a trade for an RB, I'm starting to think Meriweather may be our guy.
I don't think Safety will even be a consideration in the end. Jerry sounds like he's putting all his eggs in Hamlin's basket.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, the thing about safety is that it's probabaly one of the easiest positions, along with guard, to find "servicable" guys. Plus, I don't think they have given up on Watkins.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't think Safety will even be a consideration in the end. Jerry sounds like he's putting all his eggs in Hamlin's basket.
I'm not so sure. I dont want to see us give up on Watkins but, when you have a player with Ed Reed potential and CB experience on the board... it might get a little tempting. If we didnt sign Hamlin, I would be 100% for Meriweather but, now... I just want an RB upgrade. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-26-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love a running back upgrade also, but I bet Lynch would disappoint most of you. Not that he will suck, but I think he is overated. Adrian is in a seperate class. He is head and shoulders above Lynch, IMO.

If Lynch shares time with Barber, I doubt he will do a lot more than jones did this year.

Not a Jones fan, but 1,000 yards splitting carries? How much better do you think it will get?

My point-RB is not close to one of our biggest needs. Just my 2 cents
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I would love a running back upgrade also, but I bet Lynch would disappoint most of you. Not that he will suck, but I think he is overated. Adrian is in a seperate class. He is head and shoulders above Lynch, IMO.

If Lynch shares time with Barber, I doubt he will do a lot more than jones did this year.

Not a Jones fan, but 1,000 yards splitting carries? How much better do you think it will get?

My point-RB is not close to one of our biggest needs. Just my 2 cents
Yeah, RB is not a need at all but, if you have a chance to add one of these guys... you take it. Julius averages barely over 4.0 yards per carry and consistantly goes down with the slightest of nudge or arm tackle. Both these players will also add a better receiving option than Jones... Oklahoma didnt throw AD's way too often but, he displayed that he has exceptional hands during his pro day and Lynch caught over 30 passes last season. These two are going to be super stars for a long time, JJ is not on their level, going into his 4th year as a professional. We dont have any glaring needs... once again, our bases are covered... if we have the opportunity to take one of these guys, I cant see how you could pass it up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-26-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

There is a lot of talk that the Lions will select CJ #2 and shop him around the league...if they dont find a suitable offer for him, they are content with keep him.

Can you imagine? If we threw eveything we had at them...haha.

Obviously, would never happen but, I was bored and they said they would shop him to every team, haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-26-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...We dont have any glaring needs... once again, our bases are covered... if we have the opportunity to take one of these guys, I cant see how you could pass it up.
Ok, and I am being serious here, answer this. If (and I pray it doesn't) Fergie goes down, how well are the bases covered?

Im not saying we are deep at every position. But if Fergie is lost, I really dont know who plays NT. Doubt it would be Montavious Stanley, leaving DE.

How comfortable are you with back up defensive ends playing extended periods of time at starting NT?

I really would like to hear your answer.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Ok, and I am being serious here, answer this. If (and I pray it doesn't) Fergie goes down, how well are the bases covered?

Im not saying we are deep at every position. But if Fergie is lost, I really dont know who plays NT. Doubt it would be Montavious Stanley, leaving DE.

How comfortable are you with back up defensive ends playing extended periods of time at starting NT?

I really would like to hear your answer.
Well, if you figure... Lynch falls to #22... Demarcus Tyler should be available for the taking in the 2nd.

Say, you trade up for AD... and we lose our 2nd... we could potentially pick up an upgrade at backup NT in the 3rd if we still have it or the 4th.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-26-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

Quote:
Well, if you figure... Lynch falls to #22... Demarcus Tyler should be available for the taking in the 2nd.

Say, you trade up for AD... and we lose our 2nd... we could potentially pick up an upgrade at backup NT in the 3rd if we still have it or the 4th.
I think getting up for AD is going to cost us our entire first day, which means a 4th or later NT. Thats why i'm in favor of Lynch because he can be had at 16 or later.

I am not a fan of Tank Tyler, although he obviously fits a need, as of right now the answer to your question is Ratliff not Stanley if Fergy goes down.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes View Post
I think getting up for AD is going to cost us our entire first day, which means a 4th or later NT. Thats why i'm in favor of Lynch because he can be had at 16 or later.

I am not a fan of Tank Tyler, although he obviously fits a need, as of right now the answer to your question is Ratliff not Stanley if Fergy goes down.
We could possibly throw JJ in there to soften the blow to our first day. Maybe save us the 3rd rounder. But I agree, I wouldn't want to spend so much on AD. I like the guy, unbelievable talent, but giving up so much scares me as we depth problems at CB, NT, O-line, and to a lesser extent WR. I say this now, but watch AD go to 10 pro-bowls and rack up MVP trophies somewhere.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

As for NT, I really wish Jerry would get on the phone with Carolina and crank out a deal for Kris Jenkins. We have enough youth on the DL.

If we have to rely on the draft, then we have options... Branch, Tyler, Soliai, Thomas, etc.

I said it before and I still stick to it now that our biggest NEED is DEPTH. So that kinda lessens the stress and allows us to explore our options. NT Depth is the most critical in my strong opinion. However, when it comes to drafting my philosophy is to always take the BPA that fits a need. Depending who is on the board, that player may be a RB, WR, OT, NT, OLB, DB... we just don't know.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'm not so sure. I dont want to see us give up on Watkins but, when you have a player with Ed Reed potential and CB experience on the board... it might get a little tempting. If we didnt sign Hamlin, I would be 100% for Meriweather but, now... I just want an RB upgrade. haha.

We have such a back log of Safety talent. All are Strong Safety types with Watkins and Elam being the more gifted coverage SS. None are good FS types because I have yet to see one run backwards to cover anything.

Hamlin/Williams/Watkins/Elam/Davis will not be on the team by start of the season. 5 SS. Ug.

So, if we can get rid of some of this Safety deadweight then I would go FS.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

If Kieth Davis wasn't so danm good on special teams I would drop him in a heartbeat.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
If Kieth Davis wasn't so danm good on special teams I would drop him in a heartbeat.

Maybe the third shooting will be the charm. Happens every off-season.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Wow.... You didn't just go there....
Old 04-26-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Come on, that's not cool.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS