Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-01-2006, 01:31 AM    (permalink

Who you got?
Old 10-01-2006, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy, but I got OU. I have a feeling this game will catapault AD in the heisman vote.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:36 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas all the way won't be a blowout like last year but I think 28-17. AP will be held down.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pulling for Texas, but I think OK squeaks it out.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:35 AM    (permalink
danman253

OU. Peterson will have a good game, but McCoy is gonna struggle IMO, and the OU defense takes advantage of his mistakes.

24-16 OU
Old 10-01-2006, 11:46 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oklahoma!

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:51 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oklahoma. McCoy struggled in his first big game and I'm not sold that Rice and Sam Houston State "prepared" him for Oklahoma like a lot of experts have suggested. A healthy Adrian Peterson is the best player in the country and so far Paul Thompson has done just enough to keep defenses honest. High scoring with a lot of rushing yards from both teams, but Adrian Peterson will be too much.

Oklahoma - 31, Texas 24
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be Jamal Charles who runs wild not Adrian Peterson.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas is a heckuva team. I think that Paul Thompson is gonna have a bad day and Oklahoma's D is gonna play bad
Old 10-01-2006, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas by a large margin. Don't fool yourselves.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys are underestimating mccoy...he's gotten so much better since that ohio st game, besides it was his 2nd start of the year....

paul thompson is alot worse, while both teams have great defenses, thompson is prone to make ALOT more mistakes....

peterson and charles will both have big games though....but i think you have to look outside of rb and qb, texas has way too many athletes at wr, o line, and defense as a whole....were not going against troy smith and ginn now, peterson you can believe will see 8 man fronts alot, its going to be alot harder for them to put 8 in the box for us because of sweed

is this going to be a bigger game then lsu vs florida?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys are underestimating mccoy...he's gotten so much better since that ohio st game, besides it was his 2nd start of the year....

paul thompson is alot worse, while both teams have great defenses, thompson is prone to make ALOT more mistakes....

peterson and charles will both have big games though....but i think you have to look outside of rb and qb, texas has way too many athletes at wr, o line, and defense as a whole....were not going against troy smith and ginn now, peterson you can believe will see 8 man fronts alot, its going to be alot harder for them to put 8 in the box for us because of sweed

is this going to be a bigger game then lsu vs florida?

Quote:
Old 10-02-2006, 12:46 PM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

UT...should be a good one...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:04 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqad Up
Oklahoma 54 Texas 42
Last time I checked there is just as many defensive as offensive players on the field.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that OU defense will click eventually. On paper, they are a top 5 defense but they haven't played like it. I think as they continue to play together they'll play up to their abilities. I think it'll be a real close one.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Seeing as how I was raised in Texas, I obviously chose UT. I hope UT beats the mess out of Oklahoma. But to make this post meaningful, i'll analyze both teams.

Oklahoma:

Positives -
Rufus Alexander can lead that defense and make ridiculous plays all day long, but that's only if he's having an on day, if he's having an off day you might as well count out the Okalhoma Defense.

Adrian Peterson much ? Does anyone have to explain the amazingness that is AP, I mean honestly.

Negatives-
Paul Thompson: a QB converted WR converted back to QB, that's how much indescision they had about him. Given, Bomar was starting over him and everyone knew Bomar was going to be better they still felt like Paul had a better chance playing WR than QB and that puts a sign out there. He still has the arm obviously but it's the vision and accuracy to see the field and place it where it SHOULD be he's lacking at the moment. Something he would of developed had they left him at QB instead of moving him to WR. My biggest question for Paul Thompson is, will he begin to move out of the pocket and make plays ? OU isn't known for their scrambling QB's, but when you have one you work with it.

O-Line: Where have they been this year, they've played amazing at times and totally forgotten they have an inexperienced QB behind them who needs extra time. I don't have a lot of negatives for them because they've been good, but can they stand up to the UT d-line that has been dishing it out all year ?

UT:

Positives -

Jamaal Charles: Obviously coming into the role of RB better than Adrian Peterson did his second year, but is he the real deal. I really wish they would just start Charles the rest of the year and make Young the back up RB, but Young has waited his turn to start through Cedric Benson and injuries. Only time will tell, and if he puts it to the OU defense, this could be a pretty big game for Charles.

Colt McCoy: On the upslide for now I think, he's shown flashes of brilliance but against a Big Ten defense in OSU he didn't perform that well. I can't say it was all his fault but he could of done better. Hopefully he can decimate the OU secondary while they're still finding out how to cover receivers.

Negatives -

Defensive backs: I mean for real guys.. whats up with that defensive secondary for Texas just gettin beaten up. Ohio State surely didn't notice they were there and they've been giving up stupid plays constantly. What happened to UT having a secondary that people feared and that knocked people out. I liked that defense, and personally want it back.

WR's, most notably Billy Pittman: Where's my boy at? Mr. You can't catch me turned into Mr. I don't like to run. This kid needs some hussle put back into him and it's annoying to see such a great group of WR's with uncountable potential act like a bunch of children on the playing field when they could very well rip up any team on any given day. I just want them to perform.. that would be nice.

Don't get too mad at me for my opinions, simply subjective here.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Seeing as how I was raised in Texas, I obviously chose UT. I hope UT beats the mess out of Oklahoma. But to make this post meaningful, i'll analyze both teams.

Oklahoma:

Positives -
Rufus Alexander can lead that defense and make ridiculous plays all day long, but that's only if he's having an on day, if he's having an off day you might as well count out the Okalhoma Defense.

Adrian Peterson much ? Does anyone have to explain the amazingness that is AP, I mean honestly.

Negatives-
Paul Thompson: a QB converted WR converted back to QB, that's how much indescision they had about him. Given, Bomar was starting over him and everyone knew Bomar was going to be better they still felt like Paul had a better chance playing WR than QB and that puts a sign out there. He still has the arm obviously but it's the vision and accuracy to see the field and place it where it SHOULD be he's lacking at the moment. Something he would of developed had they left him at QB instead of moving him to WR. My biggest question for Paul Thompson is, will he begin to move out of the pocket and make plays ? OU isn't known for their scrambling QB's, but when you have one you work with it.

O-Line: Where have they been this year, they've played amazing at times and totally forgotten they have an inexperienced QB behind them who needs extra time. I don't have a lot of negatives for them because they've been good, but can they stand up to the UT d-line that has been dishing it out all year ?

UT:

Positives -

Jamaal Charles: Obviously coming into the role of RB better than Adrian Peterson did his second year, but is he the real deal. I really wish they would just start Charles the rest of the year and make Young the back up RB, but Young has waited his turn to start through Cedric Benson and injuries. Only time will tell, and if he puts it to the OU defense, this could be a pretty big game for Charles.

Colt McCoy: On the upslide for now I think, he's shown flashes of brilliance but against a Big Ten defense in OSU he didn't perform that well. I can't say it was all his fault but he could of done better. Hopefully he can decimate the OU secondary while they're still finding out how to cover receivers.

Negatives -

Defensive backs: I mean for real guys.. whats up with that defensive secondary for Texas just gettin beaten up. Ohio State surely didn't notice they were there and they've been giving up stupid plays constantly. What happened to UT having a secondary that people feared and that knocked people out. I liked that defense, and personally want it back.

WR's, most notably Billy Pittman: Where's my boy at? Mr. You can't catch me turned into Mr. I don't like to run. This kid needs some hussle put back into him and it's annoying to see such a great group of WR's with uncountable potential act like a bunch of children on the playing field when they could very well rip up any team on any given day. I just want them to perform.. that would be nice.

Don't get too mad at me for my opinions, simply subjective here.

I like what you said about selvin young, your exactly right thats the only reason he is starting, and he has earned it because we cant forget the promise and talent he showed behind benson those years....

but i disagree with the wr's aspect, ALOT....i think that's the under rated part of our offense I agree but they have the talent to make the plays when needed, did you see the game where UT played Iowa St? Jermichael Finley jumped up and snatached the ball away at its highest point out of the arms of the safety and db and pulled it down, going to be a future top 10 TE from UT, sweed makes a great play every game ive seen thus far, whether deep ball or short screen broken into a long gain, pittmann has the talent we all know, and i think if called upon for a big play he would deliver without a problem, i just think its on the offensive coordinator to deliver the plays and mccoy to play with confidence, but i trust him more then i think i would if i had paul thompson for OU and im happy for the easy past few games, that was more for him probably then our whole team playing UNT, Sam houston st, and Rice

Quote:
Old 10-02-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I know he hasn't played a great defense yet, but has anyone watched Paul Thompson? This isn't the same guy that played TCU last year. Thompson has played very well so far this year. He did struggle in his first game, but has looked great since. He ranks 13th in the NCAA in Passing Efficiency, only two spots behind Troy Smith. The main problem for him will be inexperience, but McCoy isn't the most experienced QB either. I'm not guaranteeing OU wins, but it's ridiculous to say they won't because Paul Thompson is their QB.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I never did, i just said id trust mccoy with our rb's and wr's and strong o line before i would paul thompson with ad, their line, and their wr's....im not basing that solely on talent and experience with just the player in question, basing it on surrounding factors as well as their talent...

but it will go down to the final minutes, the past few years have been blow outs either way but this one will be close and i will even admit it could go either way but i will say ill be surprised if we lose, i think were alot better team then the OSU game showed, and overall as a team match up alot better then OU does with us, i cant say that about anyone else on our schedule but the buckeyes and they matched up better with us at the key positions

Quote:
Old 10-02-2006, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
I like what you said about selvin young, your exactly right thats the only reason he is starting, and he has earned it because we cant forget the promise and talent he showed behind benson those years....

but i disagree with the wr's aspect, ALOT....i think that's the under rated part of our offense I agree but they have the talent to make the plays when needed, did you see the game where UT played Iowa St? Jermichael Finley jumped up and snatached the ball away at its highest point out of the arms of the safety and db and pulled it down, going to be a future top 10 TE from UT, sweed makes a great play every game ive seen thus far, whether deep ball or short screen broken into a long gain, pittmann has the talent we all know, and i think if called upon for a big play he would deliver without a problem, i just think its on the offensive coordinator to deliver the plays and mccoy to play with confidence, but i trust him more then i think i would if i had paul thompson for OU and im happy for the easy past few games, that was more for him probably then our whole team playing UNT, Sam houston st, and Rice

I agree our Receiver's are underrated but you used Iowa State as an example. They play in the Big 12 North, no one will ever take a Big 12 North team serious until they win the Big 12. Especially not Iowa State. They have few bright spots on that team. Granted, Finley made an amazing catch and we've shown we can play. I think you would agree with me when I say that we should be doing this more than once a game though. We've got the potential to be putting up the same 50 points a game that Vince did.

I feel Pittman heard the " you play like Roy Williams " thing too quick. I've heard reporters say it, and it pisses me off. Pittman isn't producing enough to even be comparable to Williams. Granted, in the NFL Williams is doing jack crap other than talking. Comparable in that regard, yes; Comparable in talent, I think not. I think Pittman could be like Roy Williams, but at this time, that would be overrating him.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:29 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
I never did, i just said id trust mccoy with our rb's and wr's and strong o line before i would paul thompson with ad, their line, and their wr's....im not basing that solely on talent and experience with just the player in question, basing it on surrounding factors as well as their talent...

but it will go down to the final minutes, the past few years have been blow outs either way but this one will be close and i will even admit it could go either way but i will say ill be surprised if we lose, i think were alot better team then the OSU game showed, and overall as a team match up alot better then OU does with us, i cant say that about anyone else on our schedule but the buckeyes and they matched up better with us at the key positions
I wasn't actually adressing you. I actually had typed up my post before I saw yours.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:51 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RUUUUUUUUUUFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

...and that's all they really need. :P
Old 10-02-2006, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow

Nice explanation there, you're argument already invalid. Rufus Alexander is a great player, noted; but, surprise, he's inconsistent and makes horrid plays sometimes that he shouldn't. I had him as one of the best LB's in the NCAA coming into this year, boy has he dissapointed as such. Rufus Alexander is a has been at this point, he'll really have to do some superman bs to change my mind.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:59 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:

Nice explanation there, you're argument already invalid. Rufus Alexander is a great player, noted; but, surprise, he's inconsistent and makes horrid plays sometimes that he shouldn't. I had him as one of the best LB's in the NCAA coming into this year, boy has he dissapointed as such. Rufus Alexander is a has been at this point, he'll really have to do some superman bs to change my mind.
You are the most serious person ever. Rock your angry face!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You are the most serious person ever. Rock your angry face!
You're right I am the most serious person ever, because I have a passion for football. If you're gonna make some ho-dunk comment, the least you could do is back it up. That's like predicting the score for a game, it's pointless unless you justify it.