Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-02-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
You are the most serious person ever. Rock your angry face!
You're right I am the most serious person ever, because I have a passion for football. If you're gonna make some ho-dunk comment, the least you could do is back it up. That's like predicting the score for a game, it's pointless unless you justify it.
Or, you know, I could have just been posting for fun rather than furiously posting with the passion of 5,000 lions and a stick up my backside. But hey, all the more power to the most passionate football fan ever, David D. Dave.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Or, you know, I could have just been posting for fun rather than furiously posting with the passion of 5,000 lions and a stick up my backside. But hey, all the more power to the most passionate football fan ever, David D. Dave.
It's actually David E. Ward, and you can call me Mr. Ward; The only thing I got goin on behind me is some back hair; and if you want me to lighten up use an emoticon, it's the only way I can try and put emotion to your otherwise lifeless words, it's the internet, use common sense.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:13 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
It's actually David E. Ward, and you can call me Mr. Ward; The only thing I got goin on behind me is some back hair; and if you want me to lighten up use an emoticon, it's the only way I can try and put emotion to your otherwise lifeless words, it's the internet, use common sense.
How do we know that you are actually Ward's brother? What if Ward doesn't have a brother and you're just Ward pretending to be his non-existant brother?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:14 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Fantastic! I'll keep that one in mind! Thank you! Thank you very much!

...Oh wait. I actually used an emoticon in my first post you responded to. Well hot damn.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
How do we know that you are actually Ward's brother? What if Ward doesn't have a brother and you're just Ward pretending to be his non-existant brother?
The recockulousness of the situation you just created makes me real. Think about that one.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
...Oh wait. I actually used an emoticon in my first post you responded to. Well hot damn.
Send me a pm if you wanna continue this debate but it's un needed in this thread.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
oregonbucfan
Veteran

oregonbucfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As much as I couldnt stand the way some OU fans acted after the Oregon game... Im still pulling for them

OU 38
Texas 27
Old 10-04-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the polls very close, ill be at the fair most likely sometime this weekend, but havent decided if i will watch it at a bar again or at home....much rather stay at the house and just buy all the food and beer i will need....alot cheaper and those bars get to crowded, plus im tired of going to hooters and them having 24 sexy waitresses working but i get the one with glasses and weighs 101 lbs :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:23 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is 101 lbs too fat?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is 101 lbs too fat?

hell no too skinny u know how every hooters always has a nice amount of girls with ass and breast, some with both, and there is always at least one skinny one that i end up stuck in her section with her in my face all game smh...

now i just walk in, stand in the doorway like im looking for someone and sit down right by where i see the fine one serving :P

Quote:
Old 10-07-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 and out by Texas to start the game, despite a nice return by Selvin Young.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
3 and out by Texas to start the game, despite a nice return by Selvin Young.
Yeah, great game so far, tied and OU just got it to the 20, but another fumble. Luckily it went out of bounds, OU has to keep a hold on the ball :x
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson is having a great first half on the ground and his punt return was amazing as well. He has very underrated speed.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Peterson is having a great first half on the ground and his punt return was amazing as well. He has very underrated speed.
It was reported that he ran a 4.35 at OU, but it was at OU so you have to take it with a grain of salt. And I've said it many times, he gets to the edge quicker than most backs that are faster than him.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His acceleration is out of this world.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-07-2006, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD is fantastic for play-action passing.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Call me crazy, but I got OU. I have a feeling this game will catapault AD in the heisman vote.
yeah sure thing....

I like how he just quit on that play that led to a Texas touchdown. Giving it a 100%...

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Call me crazy, but I got OU. I have a feeling this game will catapault AD in the heisman vote.
yeah sure thing....

I like how he just quit on that play that led to a Texas touchdown. Giving it a 100%...
He thought it was a forward pass because it was, he didn't give up, he just realized what happened. :?

AD is playing well, Thompson is just playing terribly.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-07-2006, 05:50 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

You can't knock AD for that play. He did his part, but the Texas defense shut down Paul Thompson.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You can't knock AD for that play. He did his part, but the Texas defense shut down Paul Thompson.
Young & Charles >>> Peterson

in the game. Peterson fumbled the ball once and only had like 4.3 yard per carry which is still pretty good but he didnt have a huge game. And he shouldnt have quit on that backward pass there.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:02 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not going to give it you, but if you get the homer label, don't act shocked.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not going to give it you, but if you get the homer label, don't act shocked.
He is the reason I put the line in my sig.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-07-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Griffin is a surefire 1st rounder now after watching that game, at first I thought at best Aaron Ross was a late 2nd-3rd rounder but I wouldn't be surprised to see him taken in the first, him and Griffin had some crazy hits.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Your telling me you guys dont think that Young & Charles together played better in that game than Peterson? They had more yards combined no fumbles and a better Yards Per CARRY.

Might want to read my comments over again because I didnt say neither of them were better than Peterson.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Thoughts on the game:

Oklahoma;
They played a strong overall game, what stuck out the most to me was their WR's ability to make the big plays to keep drives alive, I for one wrote them off but they showed me alot and look to be the strong part of their offense last year....Peterson is what he's always been, makes me sick he chose OU being a Texas fan but it is what it is, he shows that he will be an amazing NFL RB and is on another level as far as play, but Texas keyed in on him and made alot of big hits...I just felt like the difference for them was in the trenches, both of their lines were wore down by Texas in the 2nd half and it kept alot of drives alive and stuffed alot of runs by peterson...Peterson played decent, but he just has to make bigger plays, it was out downfall in tOSU game and same for them this game...he needed a few big down field plays to keep us honest, it never happened so we stacked at the line and have athleticism to make those plays....

Texas;
Im not a Colt McCoy fan more so then I was Jevan Snead due to raw athleticism and talent but mccoy impresses me more and more each game...he's very efficient and shows he wont make the major mistakes, ala chris simms when he had control of the team....he still makes some bad throws but he also puts it in the spot where his wr's can make a play on the ball and its been working...Limas Sweed is very underrated and with his roy williams NFL build he is increasing his stock every day...On defense I still would like to see better play from the secondary on deep balls, alot of plays Ross was beat deep and was able to make a great play due to a bad thompson pass, where as troy smith was making them....He is a great corner, but his straight line speed isnt the greatest and i think teams try to exploit that....our d line and lb's is what anchors this team...the lb corps is fast enough to stay in pass coverage, and the d line puts so much pressure on the run or pass....And im also happy with the rb split we have with Young and Charles, keeps defenses honest and 2 fresh legs in the game...

Overall: I think both teams are very good this year, but i strongly believe Rhett Bomar would of made a slight difference, maybe not to win the game, but to keep it closer, where as Mccoy stepped up and made the big plays that either team would need....That Oregon game still hurts OU because they are talented enough to win out, and would only have one loss, and i can tell from bob stoops all game that game still stings

Quote: