Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The idea of a 17th game is terrible if you ask me (To bad nobody does).

I do like the suggestion of an extra bye week during the season. I wouldn't mind seeing the preseason dropped to three games, but I think two is to few. While superstars certainly could deal with a 2 game preseason, it is an excellent opportunity for younger players to get time, fight for spots and improve.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Make the regular season 19 weeks
Cut 2 Preseason Games
Add 1 International week for all teams
Keep 8 homes games for all teams
Add 2nd bye week in for all teams

Everyone wins
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Guys, the home/away thing is not a problem with an extra week, because it would be 8 home game, 8 away game, and 1 foreign game for all teams. Come on guys. And as many have mentioned, adding a bye and removing one or two weeks of preseason would completely make up for any injury concerns for ONE more game. I like the idea, do it.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myinnerself View Post
Guys, the home/away thing is not a problem with an extra week, because it would be 8 home game, 8 away game, and 1 foreign game for all teams. Come on guys. And as many have mentioned, adding a bye and removing one or two weeks of preseason would completely make up for any injury concerns for ONE more game. I like the idea, do it.
I still don't like it. I'd rather keep in the US. Imagine a team flying over to London for a game. That's just too much. I don't like it in Canada because they have their own league for promoting the game, and Canadian fans pick up the Bills, Seahawks, and certain Midwest teams. I know that the CFL is not a top-notch league and is not widely popular, but still.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I still don't like it. I'd rather keep in the US. Imagine a team flying over to London for a game. That's just too much. I don't like it in Canada because they have their own league for promoting the game, and Canadian fans pick up the Bills, Seahawks, and certain Midwest teams. I know that the CFL is not a top-notch league and is not widely popular, but still.

How about this: Find 16 international sites. Every team has week 1 at an international location, then there is a bye week for all teams. Then the season starts as normal. Instead of two preseason games you have an international game and a bye week.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

whats that gonna do to home games / division games
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
whats that gonna do to home games / division games
OH MY GOSH! 17 weeks, 8 home, 8 away, and 1 out of country, for EVERY team, ok? Division games IS a good point, because the schedule making formula would be messed up, so they'd have to randomly add one more team to each team's schedule, but it's certainly an easy thing to do.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would be really dumb.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
EddieRoyalVT4
Rookie

EddieRoyalVT4 is a cocksman.EddieRoyalVT4 is a cocksman.EddieRoyalVT4 is a cocksman.

Maybe we won't have to deal with asshole Brits bashing a sport they know nothing about then, eh? "You Americans and your football, bah!"
EddieRoyalVT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Another Stupid Idea by the NFL. Keep everything the same!

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You need to keep everything the same 16 games is good. I mean the Stats will be crazy and then you really couldn't judge anybody from the past to now if you had 17 games. 16 Games is perfect every game is really important except for may'be the last game, and adding another game is meaningless. Having games outside of the U.S is dumb also, unless they are preseason games because nobody cares about the preseason games.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
You need to keep everything the same 16 games is good. I mean the Stats will be crazy and then you really couldn't judge anybody from the past to now if you had 17 games. 16 Games is perfect every game is really important except for may'be the last game, and adding another game is meaningless. Having games outside of the U.S is dumb also, unless they are preseason games because nobody cares about the preseason games.
Well back in the day, it was amazing that Jim Brown ran for all those 1000 yard seasons on a shorten schedule (1500 on a 12 game schedule, 1800 on a 14 game). If Brown got the full 16, he might still have the NFL rushing record.

Or he might of been injured due to the extra workload. Who knows.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I say we take over teh CFL, combine them into us, add all their 8 teams into 1 more division per conference, and add 1-2 more games total.

then it would truly be more of a "World Championship"
Old 04-28-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinar View Post
I say we take over teh CFL, combine them into us, add all their 8 teams into 1 more division per conference, and add 1-2 more games total.

then it would truly be more of a "World Championship"
Hmm..... but I'm not sure the Canadiens would like our version of football.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:53 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm im not sure we like there version of football
Old 04-28-2007, 03:07 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all for international expansion and trying to take the game(the real game, not NFL Europe) to an global stage. But this isn't a good idea. Not only would you mess with the numbers, by adding more games you would remove some of the late week intensity that makes things interesting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote