Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 10-04-2006, 02:58 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

1.) Oakland Raiders- Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame-

Let's face it. Walter is not the answer, and despite the raiders needing so much, a Qb is #1, the best of the bunch goes here

2.) Tennessee Titans- Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech

arguably the best player in the draft. The Titans are young and promising on offense, and though defense should be more of a priority, Johnson is too good to pass up here

3.) Green Bay Packers- Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma

Not sure how much Ahman Green has got left, and they'll need a running game to keep the pressure off of Rodgers.

4.) Houston Texans- Laron Landry

Improvement in the secondary is crucial.

5.) Detroit Lions- Quentin Moses DE Georgia-

they need a QB, but I'm not ready to put SMith or Stanton as top five picks. And Brohm for that matter. SO a De Goes here

6.) Cleveland Browns- Joe Thomas T Wisconsin

Cleveland has a pitiful O-Line, some serious re-tooling is needed

7.) San Francisco 49ers- Dwayne Jarrett WR USC-

Thye gotta give Smith somethin to work with besides VD

8.) Miami Dolphins- Gaines Adams DE Clemson-

Games are won in the trenches. with such an old defense, I think they have to go here.

9.) Arizona Cardinals- Paul Posluszny LB PSU-

With Dansby career in question, they have to go here. D-Line is another option, but I think Linebacker is a more critical need

10.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Lamar Woodley DE Michigan

Old D-Line needs some youth to it.

11.) Buffalo Bills- Levi Brown LT PSU-

Line needs some retooling, give Losman some time and he could be very productive

12.) New York Jets- Marshawn Lynch RB Cal-

Kevan Barlow is not the answer, a replacement is needed

13.) New Orleans Saints- Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss-

The defense is a big question mark, a big need a LB must be filled

14.) Kansas City Chiefs- Ted Ginn Jr. WR OSU-

Eddie Kennison and Dante Hall just do not cut it. Period

15.) New York Giants- CB Leon Hall Michigan-

Giants need secondary help ASAP

16.) St. Louis Rams- Justin Blalock OG/OT Texas-

The Rams have struggled all year with their O-Line.

17.) Minnesota Vikings- Jeff Samardzija WR Notre Dame-

Williamson has struggled, a good possession WR would be nice

18.) Cincinatti Bengals- Quinn Pitcock DT OSU-

They need to improve that Run defense, BAD!

19.) Dallas Cowboys- Brian Brohm QB Louisville-

Bledsoe is aging, time to start thinking ahead

20.) San Diego- Brandon Merriweather S Miami-

Defense is great, but secondary could improve

21.) Denver Broncos - DE Viktor Abiarimi Notre Dame

[/quote]

I love Courtenay Brown, but it would help to get someone with a better motor and a younger palyer in there

22.) Baltimore Ravens- Jake Long OT Michigan

O-Line is the weakest link on the team, OT of the future can be taken here.

23.) Carolina Panthers- Mike Griffith FS Texas

Defense isn't what it has been, some help in the secondary may be in order, although zach miller at TE is awfully tempting

24.) New England- Marcus McAuley CB Fresno State

I love Asante Samuel, but he is the only CB on that team, a new one is needed

25.) Jacksonville- Rufus Alexander OLB Oklahoma

couldn't find a good pick here, very talented player, so they pick him

26.) Washington Redskins- Frank Okam DT Texas-

Defensive line needs some work IMO

27.) Philadelpia Eagles- LB Brandon Siler Florida

A weak LB core that needs some additions/

28.) New England (from Seattle)- Tim Crowder DE/OLB Texas

A big guy who can play 3-4 OLB in the Pats offense

29.) Pittsburgh Steelers- Alan Branch DE Michigan-

Brett Kiesel is not gettin the job done. Branch is a perfect 3-4 DE.

30.) CHicago Bears- HB Blades LB Pittsburgh

Briggs is as good as gone if the Bears don't tag him. So Blades will fit in nicely.
31.) Atlanta Falcons- Marcus Thomas DT Florida

Bolsters that Defensive Line

32) Indianapolis Colts- Ryan Harris G Notre Dame-

Old 10-04-2006, 03:04 AM    (permalink

Im not liking the woodley pick at all
Old 10-04-2006, 03:09 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Im not liking the woodley pick at all
why?

Rice is aging, and Woodley is an absolute animal. your D-Line is ancient... I mean, is there a different pick you'd prefer?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Crowder would be an awful 3-4 OLB. Maybe Brian Smith would be a better pick.

I could get into why Quinn is a poor pick for the Raiders, but I don't have the energy.

That's pretty damn high for Abiarimi.

That's all I saw after a quick glance.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:20 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
Tim Crowder would be an awful 3-4 OLB. Maybe Brian Smith would be a better pick.

I could get into why Quinn is a poor pick for the Raiders, but I don't have the energy.

Why would Crowder Be a terrible 3-4

I know what you are gonna say about Quinn, frankly I don't care.

Abiarimi, was the best pick. It was either him or Carriker
Old 10-04-2006, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN27
Quote:

No, the best pick is Branch, because he is as good a 3-4 defensive end as is in this draft.

Also, Crowder isn't even close to the kind of athlete you need to be to play 3-4 linebacker. That and he is quite overrated as a defensive end.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:21 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Levi Brown is an OK pick. I don't really like him, but I like drafting o-line Round 1. I hope we are drafting later than #11 though.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Terrible job on the Giants pick. There are about 6-7 players the Giants would take over Hall, most notably McCauley and Long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:03 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=28357
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Bush is a horrible pick for the steelers.

We need a powerback, yes, but there's plenty to be had in later rounds.

Put an olineman/lb there, and they're right on Tim Crowder. I don't think he's athlete enough to make the transition.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:35 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the pictures, but that isn't a pic of Meriweather. Here is one.

And here is one for Abiamiri

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

not a huige fan of Lynch but can't be upset about the pick as it is a desperate need and AP is off the board

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:26 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Michael Bush is a horrible pick for the steelers.

We need a powerback, yes, but there's plenty to be had in later rounds.

Put an olineman/lb there, and they're right on Tim Crowder. I don't think he's athlete enough to make the transition.

Michael Bush is a north-south runner, which is what Pitt needs. I don't see how he can be a horrible pick. Out of all the position needs, he was clearly the most talented left. Pitt needs a guy to run up the middle, WHICH WILLIE PARKER CAN"T DO. So no, that is not a horrible pick.O-Lineman is not needed. A 3-4 DE is prolly most crucial, so maybe alan Branch may be a better pick. Tim Crowder I think has the ability to switch over. I think you nderestimate him
Old 10-04-2006, 11:29 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I like the pictures, but that isn't a pic of Meriweather. Here is one.

And here is one for Abiamiri

Thank you
Old 10-04-2006, 11:31 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Terrible job on the Giants pick. There are about 6-7 players the Giants would take over Hall, most notably McCauley and Long.

Hall>McAuley IMO
Old 10-04-2006, 11:33 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN27
Quote:

No, the best pick is Branch, because he is as good a 3-4 defensive end as is in this draft.

Also, Crowder isn't even close to the kind of athlete you need to be to play 3-4 linebacker. That and he is quite overrated as a defensive end.
But Denver doesn't run a 3-4, so why would they take branch?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:41 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
Levi Brown is an OK pick. I don't really like him, but I like drafting o-line Round 1. I hope we are drafting later than #11 though.

I think Baker will stay, and Brown>Long
Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Levi Brown is not better than Jake Long, stop being a PSU optimist.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-04-2006, 11:47 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Levi Brown is not better than Jake Long, stop being a PSU optimist.
Ummm. yes he is. Gimme a reason why not? Brown was better than Long last year, and he has been hurt for the NW game.... so I'm having a hard tiime figuring out why Long is so much better
Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Long is a much better athlete and has much better feet. Long has a chance at LT, Brown is a RT 100%.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-04-2006, 11:50 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Long is a much better athlete and has much better feet. Long has a chance at LT, Brown is a RT 100%.
Are you serious??? Levi Brown is a tremendous athlete for his size, he is a better athlete than long, gimme a break
Old 10-04-2006, 11:56 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Take the shades off.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-04-2006, 11:58 AM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Quote:
Take the shades off.
I'm not saying Long is bad, but to say he is a better athlete than Brown is incorrect
Old 10-04-2006, 12:05 PM    (permalink
IRONMAN27

Changes: Upon hearing Bush can medical redshirt (just what I heard) I think he stays. So Pitt takes Branch as a 3-4 DE.

Thomas to the Falcons
Old 10-04-2006, 12:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Thomas isn't the type of DT the Falcons need.

<njx9> <3 dg