Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Eagles Draft Day Thread

I am creating this thread now. Any comments about the Eagles draft picks, trades, etc. should be posted here and here only. We are trying to keep the discussions in one place. Keep them here. We can have separate threads about signings and other things, but keep the draft day stuff in this thread. I will be locking or merging all other draft day threads into this discussion, so stick with this thread. Thanks!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
DraftMasterG
Rookie

DraftMasterG needs more cowbell.

thanks for making this its a great idea

anyways i cant wait for my eagles draft. I hope we get ted ginn jr or dwayne jarret. Micheal griffon meh maybe
DraftMasterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good idea, I expected something like this. ^^^I would prefer Griffin over either of those two.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Eagles draft Ted Ginn, Jr. at any spot besides #26 overall, I will be very upset.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-25-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

As a side note, we can discuss draft wants and needs in other threads. This thread is meant for Saturday and Sunday. I don't want to come back and see 18 draft day threads.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured that is what you meant, but clearing it up was probably a good idea.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's something encouraging:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...erbacks/070425

Safety is the safest position in the first round historically, only 11% of safety picks have been busts.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

That is interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Are they pretty close to the top of the list in terms of the safest pick?

Old 04-25-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The very top, linebacker is second with 16%
Old 04-25-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Good. But from now on I think we should try to wait to use this discussion until Saturday.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
machoking6

First of all, I'm not an avid writer on the Eagles message board, but I enjoy reading everyone's opinions. We're easily the most knowledgeable group of fans in the NFL. We're passionate about our team, and it reflected in our writings on this message board. I would often go on other team's message boards and see them come up with these unrealistic, unreasonable trade scenarios for there particular team to trade up or down. You don't see nonsense like that on here and for that I commend everyone.

Second of all, I would like to make a point that the Eagles know exactly what they're doing on draft day. I think a majority of us can agree on that. We've had our bumps and bruises with guys like Freddie Mitchell and Jerome McDougle, but I'd like to think we've made up for that with guys like Donovan McNabb, Shawn Andrews, Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown, Brian Westbrook, Todd Herremans, Trent Cole, and Reggie Brown to name a couple. Let's all remember the infamous McNabb Draft Day and how mad many of us were. Then let us smile at the fact that we got one of the best QBs in the league, and the guy we wanted is now attempting to be reinstated back into the league. This further proves my state that the Eagles know exactly what they're doing on draft day.

If it's a DE, don't fret. Darren Howard is aging, Kearse is continually hurtin, and McDougle may not be with this team much longer. Anthony Spencer had received many props from Big Ten lineman. Jarvis Moss, although not great against the run, is extremely fast and has much upside and has been compared to Jevon Kearse. John Fox said it best in regards to his selection of Julius Peppers over Joey Harrington: "You never pass up on an elite pass rusher." In regards to Moss and Spencer, I suppose you never know if that could be the case.

If it's a LB, no worries. Sure, we seem to have a nice starting 3 with Trotter, Spikes, and Gaither. Trotter is running on his last legs. Spikes is older, and was hurt recently. Gocong is waiting in the wings, and we'll see what his role will eventually be. The way I look at it with this position, it'll help build for our future as well as our present. Trotter and Spikes will be gone in soon time. Beason, Timmons, Posluszny can all play and help form a very nice trio with the likes of Gocong and Gaither.

If it's a CB, then it's all good. Joselio Hanson and Will James have 1 year contracts. Houston or Ross could provide nice special teams play, good play in particular packages, and can be groomed to be nice nickel backs and eventual starters. We drafted Lito and Sheldon when we had a good group of DBs, and that worked out well for us before. Why couldn't it again?

If it's a S, then we'd all be smiling. Dawkins will have to call it quits soon. Considine is still learning and getting bigger. Whether it's Michael Griffin or Brandon Meriweather, I think we'll all be happy regardless of who it is. Each of them have their knocks on them, but each of them have such a tremendous future that lies ahead of them. I will not be disappointed with either one. Heck, if we selected Eric Weddle I would be happy. Not many people would, but this is the guy who limited Calvin Johnson in the Emerald Bowl 2 years ago. He's a smart player. He lacks flash, and he isn't the "sexy" pick. But this guy intercepted many balls, and took them to the house for TDs. I don't care who you are, that's a tough thing to do. So if you hear his name, don't worry, be happy.

To reiterate my point, the Eagles know what they're doing. I have full confidence in them on draft day, and I hope many of you do as well. We're very lucky to be cheering for a team that doesn't have many gaping holes. We have options. We can build depth. We can build for the future. We can build an entire 2nd string defense for rotation purposes. We can do whatever we choose to do, and not many teams are that lucky to do so. We're in good hands Eagles fans. With that being said, Fly Eagles, Fly.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoking6 View Post
First of all, I'm not an avid writer on the Eagles message board, but I enjoy reading everyone's opinions. We're easily the most knowledgeable group of fans in the NFL. We're passionate about our team, and it reflected in our writings on this message board. I would often go on other team's message boards and see them come up with these unrealistic, unreasonable trade scenarios for there particular team to trade up or down. You don't see nonsense like that on here and for that I commend everyone.

Second of all, I would like to make a point that the Eagles know exactly what they're doing on draft day. I think a majority of us can agree on that. We've had our bumps and bruises with guys like Freddie Mitchell and Jerome McDougle, but I'd like to think we've made up for that with guys like Donovan McNabb, Shawn Andrews, Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown, Brian Westbrook, Todd Herremans, Trent Cole, and Reggie Brown to name a couple. Let's all remember the infamous McNabb Draft Day and how mad many of us were. Then let us smile at the fact that we got one of the best QBs in the league, and the guy we wanted is now attempting to be reinstated back into the league. This further proves my state that the Eagles know exactly what they're doing on draft day.

If it's a DE, don't fret. Darren Howard is aging, Kearse is continually hurtin, and McDougle may not be with this team much longer. Anthony Spencer had received many props from Big Ten lineman. Jarvis Moss, although not great against the run, is extremely fast and has much upside and has been compared to Jevon Kearse. John Fox said it best in regards to his selection of Julius Peppers over Joey Harrington: "You never pass up on an elite pass rusher." In regards to Moss and Spencer, I suppose you never know if that could be the case.

If it's a LB, no worries. Sure, we seem to have a nice starting 3 with Trotter, Spikes, and Gaither. Trotter is running on his last legs. Spikes is older, and was hurt recently. Gocong is waiting in the wings, and we'll see what his role will eventually be. The way I look at it with this position, it'll help build for our future as well as our present. Trotter and Spikes will be gone in soon time. Beason, Timmons, Posluszny can all play and help form a very nice trio with the likes of Gocong and Gaither.

If it's a CB, then it's all good. Joselio Hanson and Will James have 1 year contracts. Houston or Ross could provide nice special teams play, good play in particular packages, and can be groomed to be nice nickel backs and eventual starters. We drafted Lito and Sheldon when we had a good group of DBs, and that worked out well for us before. Why couldn't it again?

If it's a S, then we'd all be smiling. Dawkins will have to call it quits soon. Considine is still learning and getting bigger. Whether it's Michael Griffin or Brandon Meriweather, I think we'll all be happy regardless of who it is. Each of them have their knocks on them, but each of them have such a tremendous future that lies ahead of them. I will not be disappointed with either one. Heck, if we selected Eric Weddle I would be happy. Not many people would, but this is the guy who limited Calvin Johnson in the Emerald Bowl 2 years ago. He's a smart player. He lacks flash, and he isn't the "sexy" pick. But this guy intercepted many balls, and took them to the house for TDs. I don't care who you are, that's a tough thing to do. So if you hear his name, don't worry, be happy.

To reiterate my point, the Eagles know what they're doing. I have full confidence in them on draft day, and I hope many of you do as well. We're very lucky to be cheering for a team that doesn't have many gaping holes. We have options. We can build depth. We can build for the future. We can build an entire 2nd string defense for rotation purposes. We can do whatever we choose to do, and not many teams are that lucky to do so. We're in good hands Eagles fans. With that being said, Fly Eagles, Fly.
Great post. I merged this into the draft day discussion to limit the threads. Hope you stick around because your work is fantastic.

Last edited by bsaza2358 : 04-27-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Default Official 2007 Eagles Draft Thread

Post all comments, predictions, and reviews of the 2007 draft in this thread.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Ahf112

I think there's a 0% chance of us takin Ted Ginn Jr. or Dwayne Jarrett. I think the signing of Curtis made a statment that their receiving core is set to enter the season unless they take a later round pick which is likely.

What do u think the chances are of us going after Brian Leonard?
Old 04-27-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

There is no need to get a RB in round 1, and I think he could be gone by the time the Eagles pick in round 2. Not likely to happen.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

There is word that not many teams are interested. I don't know why, he is a great player. YOu can't rule out the Eagles drafting up in the second for him though either.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would definately like it if we draft Leonard in the 2nd, not sure I want to trade up though.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Power RB late in the draft would be Jackie Battle
Old 04-27-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i looked at the espn website we have the higest number of bust tyed with lions and bears o my o my
Old 04-27-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I have heard very little about Jackie Battle, in fact none. I will do some research to form my opinion.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd actually love for the eagles to grab Ted Ginn. then pick up defense in the next couple rounds. IMO Ginn is the 2nd best WR in the draft. And he'd do great with Philly's offense.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In the spirit of the draft, I've been hearing a lot about, and from Tom Heckert about the Eagle's drafting techniques, and I must say i am not pleased.

I say we should fire Tom Heckert, and replace him with...this guy.

http://nfl.com/draft/features/chuck_barry

Look out Banner and Reid, you're next.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i've actually been saying for a while that they need to hire a draft "guru" to come in and help them out. "Ahf112" is right (haha alz) that they are NOT going to draft a WR. If Leonard was there in the 2nd they would deff. take a look at him, but we have more needs (DE,S,LB) than a big RB/FB

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just saw Scott's last mock. The 1st pick isn't posted yet, but it'll be Griffin or Meriweather. The 2nd pick is Brian Leonard. That would be a great 1st two rounds. The third pick is another safety, Gerald Alexander. If Quincy Black is still on the board (which he is in the mock), then he should be our 3rd rounder.

1. Griffin/Meriweather
2. Brian Leonard
3. Quincy Black

Not a bad 1st day.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hey guys, i am back from my game (we won) uve probably already discuused this but brady quinn? jeez

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote