Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grififn is gone and meriweather might be gone by NE who do we get then
Old 04-28-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
DragonMekha
Veteran

DragonMekha hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Merriweather is gone,then maybe Chris Houston/Greg Olsen/Lber(Beason/Poz) or even a WR.Or even David Harris.

Last edited by DragonMekha : 04-28-2007 at 03:34 PM.
DragonMekha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i have a bad feeling that NE is going 2 take Meriweather, if they do, Beason should be the pick

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
DragonMekha
Veteran

DragonMekha hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
i have a bad feeling that NE is going 2 take Meriweather, if they do, Beason should be the pick
I'm a little worried about adding yet another young Lber when we already have so many.(McCoy/Gaither/Daniels/Gocong)
Old 04-28-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

meriweather is gone, i am guessing carolina takes olsen. This is really upsetting, our war room is going insane we can either...
1.Trade with detroit for an extra pick
2.draft branch
3.draft meachem
4.draft harris

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
Old 04-28-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

Dallas!!!!!!!!???? Outta All Teams Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
Old 04-28-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated that we traded with Dallas, but IMO Spencer is a bad pick. He'll stand up in the 3-4 OLB which people are unsure of, and he has said that he doesn't want to stand up and play there.

As for our pick, if we didn't go Bunkley last year I'd love Branch but we can't go DT 3 years straight with the top pick.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little baffled by this pick....Kevin Kolb with our first pick? I reallly hope we get Leonard or a S with our 2nd second round pick, or I'll be disappointed....I trust our front office usually, but I'm really not sure about this one
Old 04-28-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
machoking6

Here I go running my mouth saying trust whatever the Eagles do. And here we go drafting this moron Kevin Kolb. I'm sickened by this right now. We better trade him or else I will vomit all throughout my house. We could've used Chris Houston or Eric Weddle. We took a QB. Why didnt' we just trade up for Brady Quinn? UNBELIEVABLE.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
DraftMasterG
Rookie

DraftMasterG needs more cowbell.

Man we really needed a receiver with our second round pick but man i forgot all about Kevin Kolb. We easily got the biggest steal of the draft right there. Have you seen his hilight tapes? There so amazing. Hopefully McNabb will make a good backup for him
DraftMasterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

this is crap the eagles traded for Clevlands second rounder and then with it they drafted Kevin Kolb even when Chris Houston was on the board horrible pick in my opinion.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^Are you kidding me? Are you just being an ass on purpose? Whatever....
Old 04-28-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Sorry Eaglesfan, that was for DraftMasterG, my comp's running slow
Old 04-28-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

i am up in arms. its unbeleivable. if they wanted to take a QB with their 1st pick, they shoulda re-signed Garcia, Chris Houstan was there and CB is a far bigger need than a 4th string QB, he shouldn't be our QB of the future, i am up in arms, i cant describe how pissed i am

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
Old 04-28-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Ahf112

I personally think this was the most ridiculous draft in our history, making 0 sense at all. First of all, Kevin Kolb at 36 was prob. the worst pick in the whole draft. We took him over Houston, Weddle, Jarrett, Harris, Leonard..seriously what the heck were we thinking. Then, I dont really kno what to think of this VIctor Abamiri guy but I really wish we could've just gotten a good player we've actually heard of. Then, I really dont like Stewart Bradley in the 3rd. He's just not really the impact kinda player we need. Then finally I actually like the Tony Hunt pick. But the dissapointment from the others really gives me a bad taste from this draft..Its really just terrible
Old 04-28-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
DraftMasterG
Rookie

MAN im so excited we got him. I cant wait to see our QB of the future in action
Old 04-28-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMasterG View Post

MAN im so excited we got him. I cant wait to see our QB of the future in action
Dude that's Trent Edwards....

Anyway you guys are being a little hard on Kolb, I know it doesn't really make sense but lets trust the FO.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think we are going to draft a Cb or S in the 4th by trading out 5th and 6th then we use our 7th to a WR

For undrafted players we take the SS from Hawaii, reminds me of Polamalu, yes he is like 26, but undrafted who cares then about his age does have the tools
Old 04-28-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's tough to have patience when your team has been in Super Bowl contention for the last 5 years without ever winnig it. The Kolb pick could end up being a really good pick down the line, but right now I'm upset and disappointed with it.

Abiamiri and Hunt I'm on the fence about as there were guys at each position who I liked more at the time, but I still think these guys will be good players.

The Stewart Bradley pick I really like. Has had injury problems, but had a great year last year. I think he'll be starting for us in a couple years.

Fred Bennet, Michael Coe, and some other guys who can help our secondary are still available. Ben Patrick and Clark Harris still there at tight end...

But c'mon, Kevin freaking Kolb?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
DraftMasterG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Dude that's Trent Edwards....

Anyway you guys are being a little hard on Kolb, I know it doesn't really make sense but lets trust the FO.
ya google is ********

3rd row down last one http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2

Last edited by DraftMasterG : 04-29-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
DraftMasterG
Rookie

there i had to mutalate it a little bit but its complete
Old 04-29-2007, 02:45 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My overview:
Kevin Kolb- WTF??? Jesus this is the worst pick I've seen the Eagles make in a long time. Not only is it a reach, but it's not a position of need. We already have AJ Feeley and Kelly Holcomb on the roster. If we really wanted Kolb we probably could have gotten him with our last third round pick.

Victor Abiamiri- I really like this guy, but would have preferred Charles Johnson. Whatever, this is a really good pick, we needed a good, balanced DE, and I think we found one here.

Stewart Bradley- I love this guy, but the pick has many interesting implications. 1. What does this mean for Gocong? If we play Takeo at SAM and Bradley is naturally a SAM, then where does Gocong fit in? 2. Would we keep 3 SAM's? 3. Or, would Gocong switch back to DE, which poses a problem in itself since we just drafted Abiamiri, plus we have Cole, Kearse, Howard, Thomas, and McDougle. McDougle is gone tomorrow I expect. We now have two developmental prospects at SAM. Cool pick though, I like him a lot.

Tony Hunt- I like this pick, we needed a power running back because Bruce Perry can't hold onto his roster spot and just isn't big enough. Hunt is an excellent player and should add another dimension to the game every time he steps out onto the field.

What I would like to see tomorrow: Defense, defense, defense.
We had plenty of opportunities to draft safeties, cornerbacks, and MLB's, which we didn't do today. We really need to take care of this tomorrow, and we need to make some noise and get in the 4th round. Our biggest needs are still unanswered after the first day of the draft.

So far I would give our draft a C-.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Hopefully the eagles can trade into the early forth and grab Tanard Jackson or if Tanard is gone Brandon Siler.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Ahf112

Draftmaster G, I dunno if you're being sarcastic but If you are than you're taking it too far. If you're not then you're probobly one of those McNabb haters who thinks he sucks and if so then ur a Tard
Old 04-29-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

If we were going to draft a QB we shoulda traded up to draft Quinn but w/e. It could become a great pick or it can be the next Jerome McDougle.

Alz, Abriami (i dunno how to spell) is a pretty good pick

I really wanted to draft Marcus McCauley, so i was upset, when i found out he was a 3rd rounder

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08