Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-27-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default QB at #29?

There have been multiple rumors of the Ravens possibly taking a QB at #29. ESPN Insider has said that one rumor is the Ravens taking Trent Edwards in the first round. John Beck has also said he has talked to the Ravens, and they are very interested in him. Again these are just rumors, but I think it goes to show that the Ravens are ready to move on and look for a QB of the future.

How would you feel if the Ravens were to take Beck or Edwards at the end of round 1? Personally I think it may be a reach at #29, but then again these 2 QB's are shooting up draft boards big time. It would depend on what we do in the 2nd for me to like or hate a move like this. The O-line is really our only major hole right now, if we could land a guy like Sears in the 2nd, I'd be all for taking a QB at #29.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Well I wouldn't totally count out taking Edwards in round 1, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I don't see any way he is BPA at that point.

Plus it would ruin my draft day if we took any QB besides Quinn or Russell in round 1.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

You can't really believe anything you hear. We just have to wait and see what's going to happen. Detroit is said to be very interested in John Beck with the 2nd pick in the 2nd round. If I'm the Ravens I'm telling Detroit that I'm taking Beck at #29 just to see what package they would give up to move to #29. You then drop down to the #2 overall pick in the 2nd round, take a guy like Edwards and still end up with our original 2nd at 61. Plus we would at least be getting a 3rd along with Detroits 2nd round pick if we were to trade with the Lions.

I would be estatic if we could trade back into the top of the 2nd, get our QB of the future, go bpa at #61, and also be able to pick in the 3rd round. I'm hoping this will happen. But once again we all have no clue of what is going to happen tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this QB talk is smoke and mirrors, there's no way we take a QB in the 1st round. Reaching for Edwards or Beck in either the 1st or 2nd would be a critical mistake IMO and the only reason this talk is out there is because of Neuhisal's man-crush on Edwards. Everyone knows I'm fully behind Kyle Boller as our QB of the future and I'm not about to argue that again. Alls I'm saying is that if we do get a QB in this draft he better be the real deal and he better be a solid QB for the next 5-10 years. This carousel of QB's every other year is ridiculous and I'm tired of it. If they don't stick with Kyle then this new kid better get it done!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we took a QB round one, I would flip a ****. I don't like drafting QBs often.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
All this QB talk is smoke and mirrors, there's no way we take a QB in the 1st round. Reaching for Edwards or Beck in either the 1st or 2nd would be a critical mistake IMO and the only reason this talk is out there is because of Neuhisal's man-crush on Edwards. Everyone knows I'm fully behind Kyle Boller as our QB of the future and I'm not about to argue that again. Alls I'm saying is that if we do get a QB in this draft he better be the real deal and he better be a solid QB for the next 5-10 years. This carousel of QB's every other year is ridiculous and I'm tired of it. If they don't stick with Kyle then this new kid better get it done!
Well the new guy would deserve as much time as Boller got. Hopefully if we do draft a QB, it will turn out better than the last QB we drafted. The sad thing is once Boller is gone next year, we'll have nothing to show for the 5 years he was here. Missing on a QB is devestating to a team, imagine how much worse they feel for giving up those picks for a QB that didn't work out.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No way we pick John Beck in Round 1. I think that if we want Trent Edwards we can probably trade down with the Raiders for their 2nd and 3rd round picks

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we do take a QB at #29 then we didnt stay true to our board which would mean we went against everything that has made us successful in the past drafts.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
If we do take a QB at #29 then we didnt stay true to our board which would mean we went against everything that has made us successful in the past drafts.
To be fair, we don't know what the Ravens board looks like. They could very well have John Beck or Trent Edwards rated high enough to where they could be the bpa at #29.

My honest opinion right now is that the Ravens will select a QB with their first pick. Be it at #29 or a trade back into the 2nd round. I think the player that the Ravens really covet at the QB position is Trent Edwards. Just my opinion, I know it probably isn't going to turn out that way.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Edwards is smart, he went to Stanford, he'll do the job well.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
YouNeverKnow
Rookie

YouNeverKnow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd really be against picking a QB at the end of round one, just doesn't seem to be great value there. I would love, as Troj, suggested to move down into the top of round two and pick up an extra pick or something.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I will say that I have heard alot of buzz about Trent Edwards to the Ravens. I have heard Neuheisel loves him, and if it were his choice, he would be the pick at 29. I think Edwards is a solid prospect, but I rank him in the late 2nd round range, so I'd be pretty pissed if he's the pick at 29.

I've also heard things about us being interested in Kevin Kolb. Kolb's agent said that the Ravens have shown a bunch of interest in him, maybe more than any other team. I'd love to have him, because I have him as the 3rd quarterback in the draft, and I think will be a very good player if he gets the chance. Obviously I don't want him at 29, but I'd really like him in the 2nd, which could be a possibility.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ravens94 View Post
Edwards is smart, he went to Stanford, he'll do the job well.
Yeah he'll do great for a QB with mediocre stats that faced horrible teams except for when they had real competition he was lousy. I don't like em I don't want em but what can I do? Its Drew Stanton or know one IMO, so here's to no QB's so we don't have to go through this nightmare of constant QB talks until training camp.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't want to pick a QB. I hate using picks on quarterbacks..I don't know why. LINEMAN LINEMAN LINEMAN. And then hybrid players for the defense. That is all I really like.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I am not really into QB in the first, I like Spencer but I am hoping for Moses in round 2 also.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Raven Domination
Rookie

Raven Domination hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
C'mon. You think you're the only one tired of new QB's in Baltimore? But news flash...many teams are having the same problem we are. Finding franchise QB's is not easy...because QB is the toughest position to play in the NFL. Boller had his shot and didn't get the job done. Now has it been totally fair for him...being thrown in the fire like that and being ridiculed like a veteren his rookie year? Or the injuries he's sustained? Not at all...but what's in the past is in the past, and this is a league that asks "what have you done for me lately?" That's why McNair was brought in, but as a short term option. McNair will be our QB until he retires...and Boller for all intents and purposes has already lost his job. It's time that we start looking for someone to take over for McNair and go back to the drawing board.

As far as will we take a QB in the first round? No. If anything, we MAY take one in the second (probably only Trent Edwards if he falls that far). If Trent is gone by the time we pick in the 2nd...then I think we'll wait.
Raven Domination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Kyle Boller deserves another shot and lets face it Trent Edwards is a huge reach at this point.Please dont pick him.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Raven Domination
Rookie

Quote:
You know the official Ravens board? LOL...
Old 04-28-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Raven Domination
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Kyle Boller deserves another shot and lets face it Trent Edwards is a huge reach at this point.Please dont pick him.
He's had enough shots, and with the politics involved in the NFL anyway...I don't see him starting another season with us. Sorry to break it to you...
Old 04-28-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Yea I am not really into QB in the first, I like Spencer but I am hoping for Moses in round 2 also.
In Ozzie we trust. Heck, if we picked SAMARDIJZA in the first, I would still trust in Ozzie.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Domination View Post
He's had enough shots, and with the politics involved in the NFL anyway...I don't see him starting another season with us. Sorry to break it to you...
Wow we are so glad that you are an authority figure to straighten all of us out about the Ravens. Shut it ass clown, your opinions are meaningless and worthless and for you to start nitpicking everyone's posts like you actually have an intelligent thought is ridiculous. Go back to lurking and keep your opinions to your self cause no one else cares!

Bring on the offensive linemen and hybrid defensive players... :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-28-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ravens94 View Post
In Ozzie we trust. Heck, if we picked SAMARDIJZA in the first, I would still trust in Ozzie.
If he picked him in the 1st I'd smack him with a coal shovel.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-28-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Domination View Post
You know the official Ravens board? LOL...
I know Trent Edwards isnt 29th on it, and if he is then we may need to examine the heads of Ozzie and ED.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

Quote:
I know Trent Edwards isnt 29th on it, and if he is then we may need to examine the heads of Ozzie and ED.
I think it's a smokescreen to tell you the truth.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Quote:
Wow we are so glad that you are an authority figure to straighten all of us out about the Ravens. Shut it ass clown, your opinions are meaningless and worthless and for you to start nitpicking everyone's posts like you actually have an intelligent thought is ridiculous. Go back to lurking and keep your opinions to your self cause no one else cares!

Bring on the offensive linemen and hybrid defensive players... :D
Dude, what is wrong with you? Why is he not allowed to have his own opinion on Kyle Boller? Is the childish name calling really needed? Just respect his opinion and move on. You don't have to agree with him, but he's entitiled to his own opinion. No reason to try and turn new posters away. After all, what would this board be like if everyone agreed with you? Just chill out, we're all Ravens fans here and want what is best for the team that we love.

Enjoy the draft today BigDawg! Like every year, lets add another probowler to the best team in the NFL!