Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Ahf112

Who would you rather have for the Eagles, Brandon Meriweather or Michael Griffin. Personally, I highly dislike Griffin but many people think he's more talented than Meriweather.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think both would fill a need, but they're not the only 2 prospects the Eagles are considering. There will be opportunities for them to move up and move down to get the player they really want. They haven't said anything about wanting a specific player, so it could be anyone at this point. I would like to see a defensive pick.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would pick Griffin, but this belongs in the Safeties thread.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love either.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either is fine, but if you had to pick one, which would you pick?

Old 04-28-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Merriweather is more talented by a bit, but Griffin fills a need for us, and is a good guy as well as a good player.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:04 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i personally would rather have meriweather, but both woud be good

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whay has Meriweather beccome the "hot pick"? Griffin played at N equally good school, if not better, won a national championship, and has zero off-field issues.

Plus, he can play SS or FS. Griffin is like a B-Dawk clone. Dawk had the same knocks on his coverage skills coming out of college, but he turned out great.

I have the same feeling about Griffin. The kid is just a football player, whilw I feel like Meriweather will be out one day "makin' it rain" somewhere in Philly.
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the reason i like meriweather is because he can step in and play a little corner and i heard hes pretty goo din he run

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Last edited by jonbrodo17 : 04-28-2007 at 07:56 AM. Reason: typo
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

His versatility is one of the positives about him, but he has other negatives that make me want Griffin more.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Kool Aid View Post
Whay has Meriweather beccome the "hot pick"? Griffin played at N equally good school, if not better, won a national championship, and has zero off-field issues.

Plus, he can play SS or FS. Griffin is like a B-Dawk clone. Dawk had the same knocks on his coverage skills coming out of college, but he turned out great.

I have the same feeling about Griffin. The kid is just a football player, whilw I feel like Meriweather will be out one day "makin' it rain" somewhere in Philly.
I don't think Meriweather would "make it rain". His issues aren't as bad as many seem to think, but they are a concern. I Agree with everything else you said though.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Eagles02

My mind says Griffin, but my heart says Meriweather.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

He was involved in a shoot-out, and stomped on an opposing player's head.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Also, if you want to stop the run, then Griffin is your man. Just look at his tackle numbers.

Besides, this is news that Meriweather is good against the run. Maybe it's true. Maybe he is a short, Bob Sanders-type, but little guys like that are rare. Plus, just take a look at how often Bob Sanders is injured, being a smallish safety who stops the run.

Just thought it was a comparison worth making, especially since the Eagles were beat in the Super Bowl , and against the Saints, with the run. Meriweather probably couuldn't hold up as a SS, which is our bigger need over FS, where we have both Dawk and Considine.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Eagles02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Kool Aid View Post
He was involved in a shoot-out, and stomped on an opposing player's head.
From what I read, this "shootout" occured when somebody broke into his house and shot Willie Cooper, then Meriweather pulled out his handgun, which he has a permit to carry, and shot back at the guy.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles02 View Post
From what I read, this "shootout" occured when somebody broke into his house and shot Willie Cooper, then Meriweather pulled out his handgun, which he has a permit to carry, and shot back at the guy.
OK...doesn't sound weird at all...and what about his Albert Haynesworth impression?
Old 04-28-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
twacgop

the shootout was because he got shot at first and I think the gun he had was registered, but im not sure about that. as for the on the field stomping, hes not the only player that got involved in that and just because he did it once doesnt mean he would ever do that again. especially because brawls like that dont happen in the nfl. also if anyone has ever seen the tape of him driving around the injury cart pumping up fans he seems like he would be very entertaining. if you cant tell, id prefer meriweather :D as long as they dont pick a WR im ok with it
Old 04-28-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Eagles02

The only thing I can say about the stomping is it happened in the middle of the brawl, not during a play. If you want to put a really positive spin on it, he was just trying to protect his teammates. LOL.

There's no question that Meriweather has some character issues, but I think he'll be okay once he gets away from "The U."
Old 04-28-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

What about the run-stopping issues. Can he handle it?