Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-27-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.
Default Anyone scared that #22 overall will be a bust?

I read somewhere that having the #22 overall pick is a jinx, and I looked into it. Look at the past 15 #22 overall picks:

2006: Manny Lawson

2005: Mark Clayton

2004: JP Losman

2003: Rex Grossman

2002: Bryan Thomas

2001: Will Allen

2000: Chris McIntosh

1999: Lamar King

1998: Tebucky Jones

1997: David LaFleur (pick by the Dallas Cowboys)

1996: Marcus Jones

1995: Tyrone Poole

1994: Rob Fredrickson

1993: Darrien Gordon

1992: Alonzo Spellman

Now I know the jury is still out on Grossman, Losman, Clayton, and Lawson, but I don't see one good player on that list. They are all pretty much busts.

What do you guys think?
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont believe in jinxes.

Also, you dont really have much of an argument.

2006: Manny Lawson

2005: Mark Clayton

2004: JP Losman

2003: Rex Grossman

2002: Bryan Thomas

These guys all had nice seasons last year and Tebucky, turned his career around.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

The jury is still out on those guys. The proven guys are all busts. And if you think Grossman, Losman, and Clayton had good seasons, what is a bad season to you, getting cut?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
The jury is still out on those guys. The proven guys are all busts. And if you think Grossman, Losman, and Clayton had good seasons, what is a bad season to you, getting cut?
Then how can you say there a jinx if the jury is still out? Mornic. Clayton had one bad year and somehow now he's a bust? Losman made huge improvments this past season, and Lawson had a good rookie year. WTF are you talking about.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Grossman had a decent season, Losman had a great season, and clayton had nearly 1,000 yards last year.

Also, Bryan Thomas was exceptional last season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-27-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

yup Thomas really turned his career around gotta give him props for that
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bills fans think Losman is the second coming.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

The jury is still out on the recent guys, but all of the older guys were busts, that is what I am saying. Jeez.....

From Will Allen down they are all busts. Actually, I looked at all the #22 overall picks from '86 to now, and there isn't 1 good player.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So let me get this straight....the guys drafted in the last 5 years are all doing ok and you think that the data from 1986 is more relevent?

Your opinion is TERRIBLE.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Last edited by LSUALUM99 : 04-27-2007 at 08:46 PM.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

How can you say they are doing ok? Rex Grossman sucks. I don't care if the Bears went to the superbowl, he sucks. The Jury is out to lunch on manny lawson. Who knows what JP Losman is, Mark Clayton had a good rookie season and a crappy one last year, and Bryan Thomas had 1 good year out of 5. How are they good. There isn't one good player on that list. I heard it from somewhere and I was just pointing it out. Wow.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
How can you say they are doing ok? Rex Grossman sucks. I don't care if the Bears went to the superbowl, he sucks. The Jury is out to lunch on manny lawson. Who knows what JP Losman is, Mark Clayton had a good rookie season and a crappy one last year, and Bryan Thomas had 1 good year out of 5. How are they good. There isn't one good player on that list. I heard it from somewhere and I was just pointing it out. Wow.
Your confusing Marc Clayton with Michael Clayton.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-27-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Yea, sorry.

There isn't 1 great player on that list, and you can't argue that. So how do I get ripped apart for this?? w.e.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh so you heard it somehwere . Face it this thread is useless.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

I heard on something that the #22 overall pick hasn't been very successful and I looked into it. If it is a pointless thread, just say so. I am just throwing up some crap to pass some time before the draft. Why do I have to get ripped apart for it?
Old 04-28-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't, because we just traded it for a 2008 Top 5 pick
Old 04-28-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

hell yea! DARREN MCFADDEN!