Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Great finish by Big Ben and he is showing he can be clutch in big spots. He is starting to earn more of my respect, just has to take care of the ball more.
He really can't make up for the fact that ced and hines got perfect passes and they tipped it to the defense, the pick six was too high for holmes but he could have made the play.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink

Ben played quite well today. But until Rivers plays a bad game I'm going to have to still say he is better.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:39 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Ben played quite well today. But until Rivers plays a bad game I'm going to have to still say he is better.
Until River can actually lead his team to 2 afc championship games and a superbowl win, he isn't close to being better than Ben. 9 games doesn't make you great.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not trying to fight...

I'm just pointing this out.

the two good teams they played.. Baltimore and KC, they lost.

They beat up a bunch of 2-6 teams and the likes. Tonight is Phillips real first test.

But why isn't ben just as good he did more with less his rookie year, and he went 9-0.

I'd Take Ben or Eli because they have a longer streak of proven success. my complaint is this argument is too shortsighted.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:45 PM    (permalink

I know they Chargers have yet to beat a good team and that Ben was simply amazing but Rivers hasn't really played bad in a single game this season. I think he has a chance to prove a lot tonight.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Quote:
Great finish by Big Ben and he is showing he can be clutch in big spots. He is starting to earn more of my respect, just has to take care of the ball more.
He really can't make up for the fact that ced and hines got perfect passes and they tipped it to the defense, the pick six was too high for holmes but he could have made the play.
Wasn't just the INTs that made him look bad. And EVERY QB is the victim of catchable balls being intercepted by the defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortie
Quote:
Until River can actually lead his team to 2 afc championship games and a superbowl win, he isn't close to being better than Ben. 9 games doesn't make you great.
Ben is not the reason they won the Super Bowl game. He played like ****.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers beat a good Cincy team last week. Actually led them back (well of course with the help of LT) to a win. I'd still take Rivers over Manning and Big Ben right now. But that's my opinion.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ben is not the reason they won the Super Bowl game. He played like ***********.
But they rallied behind him to get there, and he did more than enough. The least his team could do is play good enough to win him.

Not every 23 year old QB throws for 1000 yards in the superbowl.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wasn't just the INTs that made him look bad. And EVERY QB is the victim of catchable balls being intercepted by the defense.
did you watch the game, Ben was a tank, mobile, untacklable and avoided 3 sacks after getting grabbed.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:50 PM    (permalink

I didn't say that he didn't lead them there, because he did. I'm just saying that he had a chance to show the world just how good he was on the biggest possible stage, and he played terrible.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I didn't say that he didn't lead them there, because he did. I'm just saying that he had a chance to show the world just how good he was on the biggest possible stage, and he played terrible.
He was only in his second year playing. He played well enough not to be the reason they lost.

Because you know, Philip Rivers raped his opposition in the Super Bowl...
Old 11-19-2006, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I know they Chargers have yet to beat a good team and that Ben was simply amazing but Rivers hasn't really played bad in a single game this season. I think he has a chance to prove a lot tonight.
Ben didn't play bad in his 15-1 season other than in the playoffs
Old 11-19-2006, 07:53 PM    (permalink

That is a terrible arguement. You can't knock Rivers just because he hasn't had the opportunity to play in the playoffs. I don't care if it was only Ben's second a year. When you take your team to the Super Bowl, you're supposed to play well to help them win the game and Ben did not do that.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

i've coming to this conclusion...

Huge Passing #'s are overrated.

Drew Brees had 510 and lost
Carson Palmer had 440 and lost
Ben had 433 and lost
Harrington had 420 and lost.

Maybe the fact a QB doesn't have to pass 30 times doesn't mean he can't lead his team, just that he does more with the chances he takes...
Old 11-19-2006, 07:58 PM    (permalink

Quote:

Ben had 433 and lost

Maybe the fact a QB doesn't have to pass 30 times doesn't mean he can't lead his team, just that he does more with the chances he takes...
Carson played very well. The Defense lost them that game.

Ben also had 3 INT's in that game. As did Harrington in his game. Yards are a bad way to judge how well a QB plays. QB rating is the best and Ben's was 40 something in the Super Bowl. That is bad.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

Ben had 433 and lost

Carson played very well. The Defense lost them that game.

Ben also had 3 INT's in that game. As did Harrington in his game. Yards are a bad way to judge how well a QB plays. QB rating is the best and Ben's was 40 something in the Super Bowl. That is bad.
See when I said that someone blasted me saying it's the most overrated category, because his rookie and soph season... he was 3rd only to Palmer and Manning.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:01 PM    (permalink

He wasn't even top 5 as a rookie. :?
Old 11-19-2006, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually he was 5th among starters.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/...r?&_1:col_1=15

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I was wrong..

However so are you.

Passer Rating
Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
1 Peyton Manning IND 4557 497 336 49 10 80 121.1
2 Daunte Culpepper MIN 4717 548 379 39 11 82 110.9
3 Drew Brees SD 3159 400 262 27 7 79 104.8
4 Donovan McNabb PHI 3875 469 300 31 8 80 104.7
5 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 2621 295 196 17 11 58 98.1

he was #5.. therefore top 5..

2005:

Passer Rating
Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
1 Peyton Manning IND 3747 453 305 28 10 80 104.1
2 Carson Palmer CIN 3836 509 345 32 12 70 101.1
3 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 2385 268 168 17 9 85 98.6
4 Matt Hasselbeck SEA 3459 449 294 24 9 56 98.2
5 Marc Bulger STL 2297 287 192 14 9 57 94.4
Old 11-19-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink

My bad.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
My bad.
It's alright,

to Quote Denny green somewhat.

"He's barely done anything in this league, he may not be who he thought he was. IF YOU WANNA CROWN HIM, THEN CROWN HIM ALREADY!"
Old 11-19-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink

Quote:
That is a terrible arguement. You can't knock Rivers just because he hasn't had the opportunity to play in the playoffs. I don't care if it was only Ben's second a year. When you take your team to the Super Bowl, you're supposed to play well to help them win the game and Ben did not do that.
Then I guess John Elway sucks the big one, cause his superbowl performances were terrible.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Then I guess John Elway sucks the big one, cause his superbowl performances were terrible.
That is such a terrible argument.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

At this point in their careers, I would rank them:
1. Eli Manning
2. Philip Rivers
3. Ben Roethlisberger
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote