Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by snortie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
That is a terrible arguement. You can't knock Rivers just because he hasn't had the opportunity to play in the playoffs. I don't care if it was only Ben's second a year. When you take your team to the Super Bowl, you're supposed to play well to help them win the game and Ben did not do that.
Then I guess John Elway sucks the big one, cause his superbowl performances were terrible.
That is such a terrible argument.
How do you figure? If your supposed to take your team to the superbowl and play well to make them win, he falls into the same category. Please Mr. all knowing, tell me how this is different. I would really like to know.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
Quote:
Great finish by Big Ben and he is showing he can be clutch in big spots. He is starting to earn more of my respect, just has to take care of the ball more.
He really can't make up for the fact that ced and hines got perfect passes and they tipped it to the defense, the pick six was too high for holmes but he could have made the play.
Wasn't just the INTs that made him look bad. And EVERY QB is the victim of catchable balls being intercepted by the defense.
did you watch the game, Ben was a tank, mobile, untacklable and avoided 3 sacks after getting grabbed.
Yes I watched the game. Ben was bad in the 1st half.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
That is a terrible arguement. You can't knock Rivers just because he hasn't had the opportunity to play in the playoffs. I don't care if it was only Ben's second a year. When you take your team to the Super Bowl, you're supposed to play well to help them win the game and Ben did not do that.
Then I guess John Elway sucks the big one, cause his superbowl performances were terrible.
2003: Rich Gannon - 5 INTS
2002: Tom Brady - only 145 yards and 1 td
2001: Kerry Collins - 15 for 39 112 yards and 4 ints (Takes the cake)
1998: John Elway - 12-22 123 yards 1 int. OMG! (only a future HOFer)
1990: John Elway - 10-26 108 yards 2 int.
1989: Boomer Esaison: 11-25 144 yards 1 int
1983: Joe Theisman: 15-23 143 yds 2 td 2 int / Woodley 4-14 97 yards 1 td 1 int

Thats a pretty good list of names to say not every great QB is perfect every game.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Great finish by Big Ben and he is showing he can be clutch in big spots. He is starting to earn more of my respect, just has to take care of the ball more.
He really can't make up for the fact that ced and hines got perfect passes and they tipped it to the defense, the pick six was too high for holmes but he could have made the play.
Wasn't just the INTs that made him look bad. And EVERY QB is the victim of catchable balls being intercepted by the defense.
did you watch the game, Ben was a tank, mobile, untacklable and avoided 3 sacks after getting grabbed.
Yea I can't argue that.. I just have a feeling Ben will be back next year and be probowlish.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That is an undeniable fact. Ben was on pace to have his worst game ever. Something turned it around and he made himself look like a great QB in the end.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2003: Rich Gannon - 5 INTS
2002: Tom Brady - only 145 yards and 1 td
2001: Kerry Collins - 15 for 39 112 yards and 4 ints (Takes the cake)
1998: John Elway - 12-22 123 yards 1 int. OMG! (only a future HOFer)
1990: John Elway - 10-26 108 yards 2 int.
1989: Boomer Esaison: 11-25 144 yards 1 int
1983: Joe Theisman: 15-23 143 yds 2 td 2 int / Woodley 4-14 97 yards 1 td 1 int

Thats a pretty good list of names to say not every great QB is perfect every game.
Did I say that made him a worse player or that he wasn't great because of that? No I did not. I simply said that he didn't play well in that game.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben hasnt impressed me.....ever. He won the superbowl because of the steelers system. They always come back every few years and go into the playoffs and do well. Big Ben last year didnt throw much and this year he has thrown something like 14 interceptions. That's terrible you have to take care of the ball.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:19 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang
Big Ben hasnt impressed me.....ever. He won the superbowl because of the steelers system. They always come back every few years and go into the playoffs and do well. Big Ben last year didnt throw much and this year he has thrown something like 14 interceptions. That's terrible you have to take care of the ball.
That was a very uninformed statement.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yea I can't argue that.. I just have a feeling Ben will be back next year and be probowlish.
So you have given up on your boy with 6 games to go? Doesn't seem to me that you can even convince yourself that you should have confidence in him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:34 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
What was unimformed?

1.) The steelers have a offensive and defensive strategy that dominates and IMO thats a major factor in them winning the superbowl last year.

2.) Big Ben has thrown 14 int's = terrible!

Any questions?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yah I have 1.

Did you watch the Colts lose in the playoffs? If you did you would have seen Roethlisberger throw the ball up and down the field in the first half to put the Steelers on top.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:42 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What was unimformed?

1.) The steelers have a offensive and defensive strategy that dominates and IMO thats a major factor in them winning the superbowl last year.

Any questions?
Ben also played in games where he was coming off of injuries his worst of the year. vs. Jax, coming off of a Appendectomy and motorcycle accident, vs. Oakland, a concussion. He's played very well as of late, and all three picks today should have been caught by the receivers. Ben may have 17 INTs, but he also has 12 tds. Every week he has gotten better. take away the three games he was not 100% and should have been sat... he thre 2 tds and 8 ints
all other games, 10 tds and 9 INTS, not great...but much more impressive..also take away todays game, where they weren't his fault, thats 10 to 6, not bad by any means

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:43 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What was unimformed?

Any questions?
Did you watch his rookie season?
Old 11-19-2006, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What was unimformed?

Any questions?
Did you watch his rookie season?
Apparently not. He already forgets what he saw Ben to in the playoffs last year.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:46 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
Yah I have 1.

Did you watch the Colts lose in the playoffs? If you did you would have seen Roethlisberger throw the ball up and down the field in the first half to put the Steelers on top.
Ya i was at the game and he did do very well in the first half but even though he played well in that game it doesnt prove hes better than rivers or eli. I think Big Ben has a great future but he just isnt asd good as eli or philip. Also, keep in mind our D isnt that tough to get past. We were better last year but not dominant.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 11-19-2006, 10:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What was unimformed?

Any questions?
Ben also played in games where he was coming off of injuries his worst of the year. vs. Jax, coming off of a Appendectomy and motorcycle accident, vs. Oakland, a concussion. He's played very well as of late, and all three picks today should have been caught by the receivers. Ben may have 17 INTs, but he also has 12 tds. Every week he has gotten better. take away the three games he was not 100% and should have been sat... he thre 2 tds and 8 ints
all other games, 10 tds and 9 INTS, not great...but much more impressive..also take away todays game, where they weren't his fault, thats 10 to 6, not bad by any means
Take away the TD in week 1 where Miller ran all the way and stepped out anyway, and we're down to 9 TD, then take away the blah blah blah.....
Stuff happens, and it gets put down on the stat sheet, and you can only look into it so much, but dont get into striking things off of it
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Yah you might take that TD away from him considering it was Batch who threw it.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:52 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What was unimformed?

Any questions?
Take away the TD in week 1 where Miller ran all the way and stepped out anyway, and we're down to 9 TD, then take away the blah blah blah.....
Stuff happens, and it gets put down on the stat sheet, and you can only look into it so much, but dont get into striking things off of it
I know, scratch what I said about the INTs for todays game, but he never should have played against Oakland or Jacksonville, coaching mistake their

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Yah I have 1.

Ya i was at the game and he did do very well in the first half but even though he played well in that game it doesnt prove hes better than rivers or eli. I think Big Ben has a great future but he just isnt asd good as eli or philip. Also, keep in mind our D isnt that tough to get past. We were better last year but not dominant.
In your other post you said that Ben was just a product of the Steelers system. Hard to think that someone who is just a product of the system and a game manager would carry a team through the playoffs like Ben did last year. Plus he performed at a higher level in the playoffs last year than either Rivers or Manning have in their entire lives.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:54 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What was unimformed?

Any questions?
I agree super McGee. I see ur arguments but even with his setbacks taken away 10 tds and 9 ints isnt close to Rivers' 13 tds and 3ints and it is just a little bit wourse than eli's 15 tds and 11 ints. If your asking if he is a good QB and if he has a good future the answer is yes. If your asking if he is a better QB than Rivers and E. Manning and if he has a better future than they do the answer is no.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 11-19-2006, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Chalk up 2 more INTs on Rivers if you are watching SNF.

I don't like that going back and getting rid of stats crap either. What happens happens. Even though all 3 of the INTs were catchable balls today they were still INTs and still count.

But if you guys are going to take a TD away from him atleast take one away that he actually threw.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:57 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yah I have 1.

In your other post you said that Ben was just a product of the Steelers system. Hard to think that someone who is just a product of the system and a game manager would carry a team through the playoffs like Ben did last year. Plus he performed at a higher level in the playoffs last year than either Rivers or Manning have in their entire lives.
Actually Manning and Rivers have played at the level of Big Ben's play in the playoffs. Big Ben wasnt spectacular like many people insist, but he got it done. I beleive it was the steelers D that brought them through the playoffs.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 11-19-2006, 10:58 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Chalk up 2 more INTs on Rivers if you are watching SNF.

I don't like that going back and getting rid of stats crap either. What happens happens. Even though all 3 of the INTs were catchable balls today they were still INTs and still count.

But if you guys are going to take a TD away from him atleast take one away that he actually threw.
I didnt take the TD away

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 11-19-2006, 10:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What was unimformed?

Any questions?
I know, scratch what I said about the INTs for todays game, but he never should have played against Oakland or Jacksonville, coaching mistake their
actually Batch played tat game anyway, but you know what I mean
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yah I have 1.

Actually Manning and Rivers have played at the level of Big Ben's play in the playoffs. Big Ben wasnt spectacular like many people insist, but he got it done. I beleive it was the steelers D that brought them through the playoffs.
Ben threw 7 TDs and 0 INTs in the playoffs last year.

But your probably right. Our defense definately carried the team.