Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes this debate a little more interesting after all 3 have a bad day today.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Rivers didn't cost his team the game. Eli played the worst of the three, because he did blow the game. Ben didn't have a chance to succeed.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers didn't cost his team the game because LT won it for them.

Ben had no chance to win the game. The O-line play was the worst I have seen in a long time. It looked like we traded lines with the Raiders or something.

I didn't see the Giants game so I don't know exactlly what Eli did but they gave up 24 points in the 4th quarter so I would guess alot of the balem belongs to the defense.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
At least Rivers didn't cost his team the game. Eli played the worst of the three, because he did blow the game. Ben didn't have a chance to succeed.
I'd blame the defense more then Eli, we let the worst passer in the league throw all over us.

What happens when you start McQuarters and Frank Walker
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Holy cow you moron did you watch the damn game? If you did you would know who blew the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacman Jones?

Old 11-26-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Pacman Jones?
Guess you didnt watch it.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Nope, guess not. Then why did that happen, because I certainly didn't understand it.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nope.
So then don't talk about who blew the game by looking at box scores and game logs. Go find out what happened on 4th and 10 (Titans ball) when it was 21-14 deep in Titans territory.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-26-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I saw it. The prevent defense by the Giants was absolutely disgusting. However those two Elinterceptions were absolutely huge.

On another note. This game is a prime example of how roughing the passer has affected the game. On that Kiwi play he clearly thought Young had thrown the football and was thus afraid to hit him. There was only one proper play for Kiwi to do there and that was to WRECK Young.

The NFL has created an environment where the defender's instinct is to not sack the QB, to think twice out of fear for a penalty.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
I saw it. The prevent defense by the Giants was absolutely disgusting. However those two Elinterceptions were absolutely huge.

On another note. This game is a prime example of how roughing the passer has affected the game. On that Kiwi play he clearly thought Young had thrown the football and was thus afraid to hit him. There was only one proper play for Kiwi to do there and that was to WRECK Young.

The NFL has created an environment where the defender's instinct is to not sack the QB, to think twice out of fear for a penalty.
Its true, and if you have to blame this game on 1 player instead of the team then his name is Frank Walker
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
How long have i been saying this? ha. No disrespect. I really do not understand what people have seen in Eli, he has been mediocre throughout his short career, I wonder if people actually watch the games. I feel he will be a great Qb....one day but, right now he is just average and as of late, the giants may be better off with Andrew Walter starting. The giants should have a stout O but, Eli is holding them back. You here all of this talk about how he won the division last season, blah, blah, blah. He threw for barely 50% last season, I wonder how far they would have gone with a more accurate QB, perhaps a Philip Rivers. Eli has great weapons, weapons that other QB's dream about, big talented vet receivers, an all pro TE, and quite possibly the top RB in football (LT is better :D ). The fact of the matter is Eli has had everything he has needed but, he continues to be inaccurate and make head scratching throws. The boy is just average. period.
Um sorry...but youve lost all quarterback credibility when you insisted that Drew Bledsoe was better than him, then went on to say that Romo was better after 2 starting games.

Even Eli at his worst, which was yesterday is better than Bledsoe.
I am rarely wrong when it comes to evaluating talent, it is just something that I have been good at. Wow, I was wrong with bledsoe but, I'm not wrong with romo. I said he was better than Eli after two games and guess what... he is. Eli is an inaccurate, poor decision maker and bledsoe has been solid all his life so, i thought it was safe to assume that he would not have that big of a drop off but, I was wrong but, it doesnt take a genius to tell you that Romo is clearly better than Eli. I said it a long time ago, Eli would be your downfall this season and I'm sticken by it. I havent been wrong about that one either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Rivers had his first bad game. The Chargers won but were quite lucky they were playing the Raiders and not the Cheifs or Broncos.

Will be interesting to see how rebounds. That is the thing I see with Eli. I wonder about his confidence because these bad games seem to come in waves.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:49 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers definitely had a bad game today. I walked away with a lot more respect for the Raiders D, cause some (a lot) of his throws were on the money, and were defended really well.

No excuses though. However, in the end, Rivers made some clutch passes, including a fourth down, and the team scored TDs on 2 of their last 3 drives to win the game.

One of River's greatest strengths is his ability to forget the previous plays and focus on the next one. He really showed that today.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:23 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
Rivers definitely had a bad game today. I walked away with a lot more respect for the Raiders D, cause some (a lot) of his throws were on the money, and were defended really well.

No excuses though. However, in the end, Rivers made some clutch passes, including a fourth down, and the team scored TDs on 2 of their last 3 drives to win the game.

One of River's greatest strengths is his ability to forget the previous plays and focus on the next one. He really showed that today.
Oakland has one of the best secondaries in the NFL (IMO - the 2nd best this year behind the Ravens). Those guys absolutely blanketed the Chargers recievers all day long and showed some serious ball skills. Gates was the only reciever who could get open and that was only a few times. So that said , it won't be hard for me to forget this bad game from Rivers. He's earned it.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken
Quote:

Oakland has one of the best secondaries in the NFL (IMO - the 2nd best this year behind the Ravens). Those guys absolutely blanketed the Chargers recievers all day long and showed some serious ball skills. Gates was the only reciever who could get open and that was only a few times. So that said , it won't be hard for me to forget this bad game from Rivers. He's earned it.
Not so easy when your recievers aren't so wide open now is it?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-27-2006, 09:52 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
Quote:

Are you implying that Rivers has better WR's than Eli or that they NFC has better pass defenses than the AFC?

Because I call bluff on both of those.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All 3 had horrible games. Ben was running for his life, Eli had a great first half and fell off the 2nd half, and Rivers had a bad game too.

The difference was the teammates around them. Ben's line gave him no chance to succeed in that game. Eli's defense, offensive playcalling in the 2nd half and his bone headed 2nd INT hurt him, and Rivers only won because of the talent around him. LT once again put the team on his shoulders.

I will not give a week to week evaluation, I think its dumb. Eli showed improvement this week until the 2nd half when our playcalling was downright awful. The final INT was his fault completely, no question. The first INT couldve/shouldve been avoided had Plax not given up on the play.

In the first half we did short and intermediate throws, and he was over 80% completion %, and we were up 21-0. After that....well, ask Huffnagel. The more and more I evaluate this team, the more I see coaching being the prime reason for our errors.

Poor Ben was running for his life, yes he made some poor decisions, but its awfully hard to make good ones when you have 1 second to let it go.

And Rivers is still at the moment the most solid, but at the same time, remember, he is no different from Ben last year. He is benefiting from great players around him, and a great defense to fall back on. Sorry, but if you knock Ben then turn around and hail Rivers youre being a hypocrite, because he's doing nothing different from Ben last year.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of you Cowboys fans are really going overboard with Romo. Yes he's had a nice 5 games but he's not ******* Tom Brady. Lord.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How long have i been saying this? ha. No disrespect. I really do not understand what people have seen in Eli, he has been mediocre throughout his short career, I wonder if people actually watch the games. I feel he will be a great Qb....one day but, right now he is just average and as of late, the giants may be better off with Andrew Walter starting. The giants should have a stout O but, Eli is holding them back. You here all of this talk about how he won the division last season, blah, blah, blah. He threw for barely 50% last season, I wonder how far they would have gone with a more accurate QB, perhaps a Philip Rivers. Eli has great weapons, weapons that other QB's dream about, big talented vet receivers, an all pro TE, and quite possibly the top RB in football (LT is better :D ). The fact of the matter is Eli has had everything he has needed but, he continues to be inaccurate and make head scratching throws. The boy is just average. period.
Um sorry...but youve lost all quarterback credibility when you insisted that Drew Bledsoe was better than him, then went on to say that Romo was better after 2 starting games.

Even Eli at his worst, which was yesterday is better than Bledsoe.
I am rarely wrong when it comes to evaluating talent, it is just something that I have been good at. Wow, I was wrong with bledsoe but, I'm not wrong with romo. I said he was better than Eli after two games and guess what... he is. Eli is an inaccurate, poor decision maker and bledsoe has been solid all his life so, i thought it was safe to assume that he would not have that big of a drop off but, I was wrong but, it doesnt take a genius to tell you that Romo is clearly better than Eli. I said it a long time ago, Eli would be your downfall this season and I'm sticken by it. I havent been wrong about that one either.
For you to conclusively say that after 5 games of Romo just shows how idiotic that is. PLenty of qbs looked great after 5 games only to flounder. Rex Grossman a perfect example. Not only is hailing Romo stupid after 5 games, it shows blatant homerism. It takes 4 years to evaluate a qb, and you just conclusively did it after 5 games. I find that very funny.

Look at Kurt Warner. He looked like the next Joe Montana for 2 years, then became a stiff. So who knows what will happen with Romo. Yes he's playing great right now, no doubt about it. And I personally believe that he has the potential to be the future qb of the Cowboys, but to say anything beyond that is idiotic. If thats the case, then Rivers during his 5 game hot streak was the greatest qb of all time. Naturally, that is false.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:25 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you implying that Rivers has better WR's than Eli or that they NFC has better pass defenses than the AFC?

Fansgirls will go to any step to defend their favorite player. The Giants have one of the better sets of receivers in the league. Everyone was at fault in the Giants meltdown from the coaches to Tiki to Eli.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The Chargers skill players are better than the Giants skill players and the Chargers use a much more QB friendly system.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-27-2006, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The Chargers skill players are better than the Giants skill players and the Chargers use a much more QB friendly system.
We need Cam Cameron in the worst way. He's a great OC.

And Im tired of people acting like Rivers doesn't have skill position players.

McCardell = Toomer
Plax>Parker
Gates>Shockey
LT>>>anyone and everyone
Neil>>>>Finn

Oh and by the way, his oline is lightyears ahead of both Eli's and Bens, which is the most important part of an offense anway. A qb's best friend is the oline and RB, and Rivers clearly has the best in this discussion. Another forgotten tidbit. Rivers bandwagoners are the biggest hypocrites. He's no different from Ben last year. Its amazing, its like all the bandwagoners jumped ship from Ben to Rivers this year.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

McCardell = Toomer
Plax>Parker
Gates>Shockey
LT>>>anyone and everyone
Neil>>>>Finn

Oh and by the way, his oline is lightyears ahead of both Eli's and Bens, which is the most important part of an offense anway. A qb's best friend is the oline and RB, and Rivers clearly has the best in this discussion. Another forgotten tidbit. Rivers bandwagoners are the biggest hypocrites. He's no different from Ben last year. Its amazing, its like all the bandwagoners jumped ship from Ben to Rivers this year.
Rivers airs it out though, Ben never really had to do that his first year. Man, you Giants fans are coming off extremely bitter.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

McCardell = Toomer
Plax>Parker
Gates>Shockey
LT>>>anyone and everyone
Neil>>>>Finn

Rivers airs it out though, Ben never really had to do that his first year. Man, you Giants fans are coming off extremely bitter.
He puts it in the air more, but the system remains the same. Manage the game, let your run game and defense determine the outcome. Its much less of a burden on a developing qb in that situation.

Look at Eli's situation. He's asked to score alot because the defense can't be relied upon. Is it his fault that the defense gave up 24 points in the 4th? Is it that hard to ask for 1 3 and out the entire 2nd half? Look at the situations, theyre very different.