Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

You just called Santonnio Holmes a bust after 4 games. :roll:

Anything to make yourself look right, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, if Holmes is a bust, I can't even put in words what Moss is.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:11 PM    (permalink
CM4
Rookie

CM4 CM4 CM4
Default Bust

of course Holmes is bust after 4 games but give reggie bush more time right!?!?!?!?!?
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey i know this is a bit off-topic, but vote eli for fed-ex player of the week. Last time he got nominated, he won. Let's make it two out of 4 weeks for eli.

http://www.nfl.com/partners/fedex

I'm sorry guys, Rivers and Burger boy aren't choices.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby
Any QB in the league could do better than him running that offense.
So essentially you just called Ben the worst QB in the league.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink

Why waste your time argueing with the giants fans anymore? They have proved over and over, that they are the biggest homers on this site. Eli is not that bad, but he sure hasn't done anything impressive yet. If you rip on Eli, then your a bad person. If you say Ben has done more, then they say it is a team effort. What it boils down to for giants fans is this. Eli does evrything for the Giants, and there is no team involved, Ben can't do anything, and it is all the rest of the team. Go figure, win a superbowl and have 3 bad games and your no good. Typical giants fans, cry about how everybody is against poor little Eli.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortie
Why waste your time argueing with the giants fans anymore? They have proved over and over, that they are the biggest homers on this site. Eli is not that bad, but he sure hasn't done anything impressive yet. If you rip on Eli, then your a bad person. If you say Ben has done more, then they say it is a team effort. What it boils down to for giants fans is this. Eli does evrything for the Giants, and there is no team involved, Ben can't do anything, and it is all the rest of the team. Go figure, win a superbowl and have 3 bad games and your no good. Typical giants fans, cry about how everybody is against poor little Eli.

Way to go, since you cannot prove that Ben had anything to do with the Steelers success, you have to lash out.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Um.

Proved over and over we are the biggest homers, how long have you been here? Oh wait, you're likely someone that got banned and came back under a new name. (SeanTaylor21 possibly)

Eli has not done anything impressive yet? hahahaha. You either don't watch football or you are a hater. Probably both. Tell Eagles fans and Broncos fans that Eli has not done anything yet. Ask Joe Gibbs if he thinks Eli is impressive. What a joke.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-12-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink

Take a look at my earlier posts. I talked about how Ben led them last year. Just look at what he has done in his career. Just talking about how giant fans are really starting to be homers like the falcon and vick fans. I personally voted for Rivers. I thought he was the best pick coming out of college and still believe he will be the best of the 3. I also thought Ben was the third best pick, but you can't argue with his success so far. Until these other guys win a superbowl or can even show that they can lead thier teams to a playoff victory, there really isn't any argument.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Take a look at my earlier posts. I talked about how Ben led them last year. Just look at what he has done in his career. Just talking about how giant fans are really starting to be homers like the falcon and vick fans. I personally voted for Rivers. I thought he was the best pick coming out of college and still believe he will be the best of the 3. I also thought Ben was the third best pick, but you can't argue with his success so far. Until these other guys win a superbowl or can even show that they can lead thier teams to a playoff victory, there really isn't any argument.

:roll:

Ben sure did "lead" the team, eh? Puh-Lease.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:

Way to go, since you cannot prove that Ben had anything to do with the Steelers success, you have to lash out.
Many people have explained this already throughout the thread, most of it ignored by the anti-Ben crowd.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

He had the worst performance of any "Super Bowl winning" QB ever. Yet the first point the apologists make is "he's led his team to a championship, unlike Rivers or Manning, blah, blah, blah." This year was the first time the diapers have come off of him, and he's been put in a situation in which he has to make plays for his team to win, and he's been out-performed by Charlie Batch.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

:roll:

Ben sure did "lead" the team, eh? Puh-Lease.
I guess you didn't watch the playoffs last year did you? Probably to busy watching Michael Vick lead his team to an 8-8 record and no playoff appearence.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had the worst performance of any "Super Bowl winning" QB ever. Yet the first point the apologists make is "he's led his team to a championship, unlike Rivers or Manning, blah, blah, blah."
The "apologists" usually cite Ben's great performances against Denver and Indie in the playoffs, without a running game. Those who claim Ben is garbage and has never done anything have yet to explain how he could have played so well in a hostile environment in the playoffs.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
I guess you didn't watch the playoffs last year did you? Probably to busy watching Michael Vick lead his team to an 8-8 record and no playoff appearence.
So your one of those "W-L directly relates to QB performace," what a waste of time to debate with you. Last time I checked, football is a 53-man sport. Until you can prove otherwise, you aren't worth the time.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
Um.

Proved over and over we are the biggest homers, how long have you been here? Oh wait, you're likely someone that got banned and came back under a new name. (SeanTaylor21 possibly)

Eli has not done anything impressive yet? hahahaha. You either don't watch football or you are a hater. Probably both. Tell Eagles fans and Broncos fans that Eli has not done anything yet. Ask Joe Gibbs if he thinks Eli is impressive. What a joke.
I guess if you consider not getting it done in post season a good job, enjoy your qb. Just cause a guy has 3 bad games doesn't make me turn my back or even my opinion on how good a qb is.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink

Quote:
So your one of those "W-L directly relates to QB performace," what a waste of time to debate with you.
Isn't that how falcon fans base that so called qb in atlanta on.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
So your one of those "W-L directly relates to QB performace," what a waste of time to debate with you.
Isn't that how falcon fans base that so called qb in atlanta on.

Some do, but it's an ignorant reasoning point. Michael Vick had four games of 90+ "passer rating," last year, of which resulted in losses. So by your logic, he should be blamed for piss-poor performances by his defense.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Um.

I guess if you consider not getting it done in post season a good job, enjoy your qb. Just cause a guy has 3 bad games doesn't make me turn my back or even my opinion on how good a qb is.
Do you realize that you totally just contradicted yourself?!?!

You look down on Eli for having ONE horrid game against a top notch defense against the Panthers. Yet you tell me that a QB having 3 bad games can't alter your view?

You're a joke.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-12-2006, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

He isn't worth the bother. He has blinders on, worse of all he chooses to attack anyone who disagrees with his viewpoints.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Um.

Do you realize that you totally just contradicted yourself?!?!

You look down on Eli for having ONE horrid game against a top notch defense against the Panthers. Yet you tell me that a QB having 3 bad games can't alter your view?

You're a joke.
I never said Eli was horrible. Do you know how to read? I just said he isn't that bad, but you guys are the ones saying Ben sucks. Your guy has done nothing. He also cannot be put in the same category as Ben. Ben is a superbowl winning qb, Eli is not. You have no argument. You giants fans are just happy he is doing bad, so the little cry baby Eli doesn't look so bad. Like I said before, I voted for Rivers, Not Ben. It's just funny how giants fans can't take anything said about eli. I also would take Rex Grossman over eli any day also.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Ben Roethlisberger's Super Bowl "winning" performance:

21 Attempts
9 Completions
123 Yards
0 Touchdowns
2 Interceptions

Worst "winning" Super Bowl performance of all time. Snortie, you are not going to be able to get away with calling a victory on a debate based of erroneous claims that Roethlisberger played well, at least enough to "lead" his team in aformentioned game.

Now I cannot imagine Ben being his bad the rest of his career, but his play had lend credence to the arguments that have been put against him. To give him credit, instead of the Steelers credit for last year's success is absurd.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger's Super Bowl "winning" performance:

21 Attempts
9 Completions
123 Yards
0 Touchdowns
2 Interceptions

Worst "winning" Super Bowl performance of all time. Snortie, you are not going to be able to get away with calling a victory on a debate based of erroneous claims that Roethlisberger played well in aformentioned game.
All I said is he is a superbowl winning qb. I didn't say he won the superbowl. He led his team all through the playoffs last year, and his stats can't be denied. John Elway was horrible in superbowls, yet I wouldn't say he sucked. He also had some awful years in Denver, still he is in the hall of fame, and I would say most everyone on this site would say he is in the to 15 qb's of all time.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

So your saying if Eli Manning was on the Steelers they wouldn't have won the Super Bowl? Because last time I checked, Eli hasn't had a top-5 rushing attack or defense in his time in NY.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:39 PM    (permalink

Quote:
So your saying if Eli Manning was on the Steelers they wouldn't have won the Super Bowl? Because last time I checked, Eli hasn't had a top-5 rushing attack or defense in his time in NY.
I never said that. I don't believe Eli could have had bens success through the playoffs like last year, Like I said 1 bad game doesn't mean he didn't lead his team to the superbow. It's kinda like Plummer last year, if he doesn't have that bad game against the Steelers, the broncos could have been in the superbowl. Last time I checked, Eli's runningback, tiki Barber is better then anything the syeelers have had the last few years.