Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
DaBears0530
Rookie

DaBears0530 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Claytons take on the Briggs trade

Briggs deal back on the table
Things are heating up on the Briggs trade front between the Redskins and Bears, reports John Clayton. However, two things have to happen before a deal can be consummated. Briggs has to get a physical, and has to get a contract done and signed because the Redskins don't have enough cap room to accommodate his $7.2 million franchise tag.

Despite the odds, things could get done. The Redskins would have to throw in linebacker Lemar Marshall to accommodate the swap from No. 6 and No. 31 in the first round. They may be willing to do that. Something needs to be worked out before sundown in order to get those two things done.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears0530 View Post
Briggs deal back on the table
Things are heating up on the Briggs trade front between the Redskins and Bears, reports John Clayton. However, two things have to happen before a deal can be consummated. Briggs has to get a physical, and has to get a contract done and signed because the Redskins don't have enough cap room to accommodate his $7.2 million franchise tag.

Despite the odds, things could get done. The Redskins would have to throw in linebacker Lemar Marshall to accommodate the swap from No. 6 and No. 31 in the first round. They may be willing to do that. Something needs to be worked out before sundown in order to get those two things done.
I don't know if the physical and contract stuff is valid but Clayton later reported that the deadline for these things have already passed and so the deal won't happen.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How would that be a good deal for the Skins at all?
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Briggs really worth that much? If I were WAS I would just trade back a few spots to get Patrick Willis and some more picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Is Briggs really worth that much? If I were WAS I would just trade back a few spots to get Patrick Willis and some more picks.
I agree completely, to me the Skins are just getting tattooed on this deal. The 6th pick alone might not be worth Briggs.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That deal doesnt make any sense, marshall is a good linebacker and this deal just owns the redskins. Snyder is just trading for fun i think

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They can't trade back, that's why the Bears don't want the pick. The only reason why anyone would trade up is if Quinn or Peterson fall to 6, and even then I don't buy it.

The trade isn't going to happen. Save your breath.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of this trade at all. If they are so intent on adding a linebacker then I'd either try to trade back a few spots and if that doesn't happen, then I would reach on Willis. I know taking him at 6 instead of the 9-12 range is a bit of a reach but if they are that intent on bringing a play-making LB into the fold then why not reach?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

boisefan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This would be a horrible trade for the Skins. I believe it won't even happen, but we will see for sure tomarrow.
boisefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:18 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The skins have the only pick that might be worse than the Vikes. Value basically cant be equal to what is available.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:25 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WAS should get Okoye - period.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he's not but Washington doesn't enjoy drafting, so they don't value them the same way. I honestly thought the trade's biggest problem was the 31, I doubt WAS wants it, since they hate first day draft picks.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:20 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
he's not but Washington doesn't enjoy drafting, so they don't value them the same way. I honestly thought the trade's biggest problem was the 31, I doubt WAS wants it, since they hate first day draft picks.
Stupid, just stupid.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

washington should get landry

landry/taylor =/ wow
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
Stupid, just stupid.

it's called a joke.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really question why the Skins would want to do this deal

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

boisefan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I really question why the Skins would want to do this deal
Your not alone, Skins dont even need Briggs...
boisefan is offline   Reply With Quote