Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-27-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Day Thread! Please Read!

Keep all draft day discussion in this thread. Don't start threads for every little thing that happens, or they'll be closed. You guys are usually pretty good about these, but just keep the majority of draft day discussion in this thread.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aye aye captain...

I can't tell who anyone is without their sigs for this heavenly weekend.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Bears_Fan
Rookie

Bears_Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have to work tomorrow. How long before the Bears first pick - five hours?

Last edited by Bears_Fan : 04-28-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Bears_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
aye aye captain...

I can't tell who anyone is without their sigs for this heavenly weekend.
I'm bearsfan_51, I invented the Bears.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm bearsfan_51, I invented the Bears.
The only you invented is the extra prong on the double kingdong sex toy with extra vibrating ball bearings.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And a damn good invention it was!

Old 04-28-2007, 05:06 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I need to get some sleep..I'm getting giddy..lol
Old 04-28-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smart move by the Lions drafting Calvin Johnson. Sure it magnifies the terrible picks they made with Rogers and Mike Williams, but he was by far the best player.

It's also good for us, as I'm all but convinced some team will want to trade into the late 1st to leapfrog Detroit for the 3rd QB. Hopefully Quinn doesn't fall to Miami, as I think they could be that team.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Bears_Fan
Rookie

I am surprised at the pick by the Vikings.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We need to trade up with Buffalo to get Brady Quinn. Period.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea... that's kinda what i was thinking... Quinn has fallen way too far, at this point, it would be tremendous value for Quinn... as much as i really don't like him. Still can't believe the Dolphins passed on him.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I really honestly don't know if it would be the smartest move. If they like Grossman, and apparently they do, then trading a top pick and a probowler for a guy you may not deem much of an upgrade probably doesn't make sense.

I just think it would be really exciting.:)

Old 04-28-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i know, but if they liked grossman that much then they'd already have resigned him. It doesn't hurt to have two top quarterbacks... look at the Falcons, they were able to trade Schaub and move up, extra ammo can never hurt.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quinn's only hope is for Jacksonville now. And that is up in the air whether or not they're gonna take him or stick with Leftwich/Gerard.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Cincinnati - no, Tenessee - no, Giants - no, Broncos - no, Cowboys - no, Chiefs - probably not, Pats - no, Jets - maybe (future replacement for Pennington?), Eagles - maybe, Saints - no, Ravens - yes, Chargers - no, Bears - yes, Colts - no

I think we could see a trade up by either the Browns or Lions to get Brady Quinn in the 17-25 range.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

These picks are falling pretty well for us, especially the Giants not taking Poz or Staley.

With 9 picks left guys that we would likely have an interest are:

-Quinn
-Olsen
-Bowe
-Meachem
-Staley
-Poz
-Beason
-Merriweather (the only one I wouldn't like)
-Grubs
-Kalil
-D.Jarrett
-S.Rice
-Blaylock

I would be happy with any of these.

Hopefully Anthony Spencer and Chris Houston go before us, nas those are two players we probably would not have an interest in.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Forgot Alan Branch..though I'm not sure we would want him.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Bears_Fan
Rookie

You guys think the Pats take Olsen?
Old 04-28-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Bears_Fan
Rookie

Or they could trade down with SF?
Old 04-28-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_Fan View Post
Paul Poz better be this draft pick. Thats all I have to say.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Unless we completely plan on trading Briggs, Olsen makes much more sense than Poz. I wouldn't dislike Poz, but there are a lot of options here, and I wouldn't be suprised to see that next group of WR come off if they like one, or an offensive lineman like Kalil, Ugoh, or Sears.

Hell I wouldn't be suprised if it was Alan Branch. He would definately help our run defense.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Bears_Fan
Rookie

We should take Poz if SD does not.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_Fan View Post
Paul Poz better be this draft pick. Thats all I have to say.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Bears_Fan
Rookie

I am ok with Olsen. It seems to be pretty good value. An offensive weapon, and an addition that we don't have on the team.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

51... I should have never doubted you. Jerry Angelo is god.