Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Casey Hampton VS. Jamal Williams

People debate for who is the better 3-4 NT, so the poll is here, take your pick.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is such a tough debate, but I gotta give it to Jamal Williams. The man is an absolute beast. But its real real close. Hampton is a little better laterally, but Williams is an absolute plow. And Hampton is also a little bit quicker. But like I said, Williams is an absolute plow. SD has the number 1 or 2 rush D the past 2 years because of him. Once they switched over to the 3-4 and put him at nose, the results speak for themself. But Hampton is the man too.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:11 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hampton has the advantage due to age. But in terms of effectiveness and production, I'd say it's even.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:25 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Hampton has the advantage due to age. But in terms of effectiveness and production, I'd say it's even.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

off topic, but i cant believe we had shaun rogers and casey hampton at DT the same year and didnt win a NC :?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
off topic, but i cant believe we had shaun rogers and casey hampton at DT the same year and didnt win a NC :?

well you guys probably had the best run D in the nation that season.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Hamtpon. Both are the top 2 DTs in the game in my mind but I think Hampton is just a little bit better. Williams is a better pass rusher than Hampton is but Hampton is a very good run stuffer and he never gives up on a play. Notice who made some of the tackles on the screen passes. It was Casey Hampton's fat ass chasing LT. He saw the screen developing and made it to the sideline to stop the play. He isn't justa fatass that takes up room in the middle of the line. He manages to get to the runner whereever he is on the field.

Not taking anything away from Williams though. He is a great pass rusher and he made a Probowl Center in Hartings look like a rookie.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Williams, but it's too close to really make a sure answer about.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:19 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen much of either, but in the night game, Williams looked better IMO. He just threw every blocker who tried to stop him outta the way. I didn't notice the same thing outta Hampton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Jamal Williams is perfect. You couldn't build a better nose tackle.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:53 AM    (permalink
wiseguy110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
I'll take Hamtpon. Both are the top 2 DTs in the game in my mind but I think Hampton is just a little bit better. Williams is a better pass rusher than Hampton is but Hampton is a very good run stuffer and he never gives up on a play. Notice who made some of the tackles on the screen passes. It was Casey Hampton's fat ass chasing LT. He saw the screen developing and made it to the sideline to stop the play. He isn't justa fatass that takes up room in the middle of the line. He manages to get to the runner whereever he is on the field.

Not taking anything away from Williams though. He is a great pass rusher and he made a Probowl Center in Hartings look like a rookie.
And he drops back into pass coverage as well. I see him do it all the time and I am just in absolute shock.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:57 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Jamal any day of the week. Pretty much what big blue said.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Man, Casey Hampton is close second in my book cause of what he does all over the field, but-watching the Sd-Pittsburgh game, Jamal Williams smashed right through double teams by one of the best o-lines in the NFL, on 3 or 4 seperate occasions getting tackles for loss, and I mean smashed through. He is exactly what you want out of the NT. I was amazed watching him play. When I look at the D tackle position in general I think Williams is the cream of the crop right now, maybe even over Tommie Harris. I think Williams does more for the Chargers D than Harris does for the Bears. I'd put it this way: Jamal Williams makes the Chargers Defense go (and makes them as good as they are), and Tommie Harris puts the Bears Defense over the top. I think Harris has the better surrounding Defense, with them it's like"Who do you want to block this time? cause they're gonna get us anyway." With the Chargers it's like "Let's see if we can Block Jamal Williams, if we can, we got a good shot to win."

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:51 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jamal Williams is one of the best NT in the game, he's huge clogs up the middle and young.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I would take Jamal any day of the week. Pretty much what big blue said.
Bright minds think alike
Old 10-11-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Jamal Williams. He's like a sumo wrestler.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
Jamal Williams is one of the best NT in the game, he's huge clogs up the middle and young.
Thirty years old isn't exactly young.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You can always tell the people who just noticed Williams for the first time last Sunday.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
Quote:

You can always tell the people who just noticed Williams for the first time last Sunday.
No kidding. Williams isn't a pass rusher at all.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams has been outstanding for a while now, its nice to see him finally get some credit. He makes every player on the Chargers defense better, and it's rare that you can say that about a defensive player.

Just as a point of comparison, the Chargers got off to a 6-1 start in 2002. Williams was hurt midseason, and the Chargers defense promptly fell apart and the team finished the season 2-7. The collapse could be directly tied to Williams's injury.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:27 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And he drops back into pass coverage as well. I see him do it all the time and I am just in absolute shock.
It's called a zone blitz.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:53 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say Jamal Williams just because of how well he shuts down the middle. Casey Hampton has better skills in some areas and is faster, but he isn't quite the wrecking ball that Williams is inbetween the ends. Williams is a huge reason that the Chargers run defense is so good, the man demands double and triple teams.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:24 PM    (permalink
wiseguy110

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
It's called a zone blitz.
I am pretty sure I didn't need your help on that one. Let me check:

NOPE.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

no need to be a wiseguy
Old 10-12-2006, 07:42 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

jamal williams