Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-11-2006, 10:50 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Who cheats off the person next to them? Sure sure you kids are all geniuses on the internet (we know, you try your best to remind us every oppertunity you get..) but your idea of cheating on a test is copying off some kid next to you?

Come on, you gotta cheat off of the teachers answer key, or pull up your sweatshirt and read the correct answers off your arm.
Or get a coppy of the teacher's answer key and keep it hidden under your test.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:51 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes I've cheated and no its not okay.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:02 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, of course I've cheated in school. I mean, who hasn't? Also, no I do not feel bad at all about it, because on the stuff I've cheated on, I haven't really needed to know the info.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just sat next to the valedictorian in every class I had with her, she had a crush on me so she would let me cheat. She never let any one else cheat off her though. Now, that is the easiest way to make an A in a class.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:19 PM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think of cheating as the school equivalent of steroids in baseball. Most people cheat so if your not cheating, you’re at a disadvantage. Now I do occasionally cheat if I'm not prepared for a pop quiz of a short story I didn't read or a Spanish vocab quiz, but usually I know the material and don't have to.

I've never felt bad about cheating, but I do hate it when people cheat on everything and end up with 4.0 GPA's when they couldn’t change a light bulb on their own. This is why I love the SAT's, ACT's, ect... I would be all for ethics codes where there is absolutely no cheating, but how high school is today (or at least mine) If you don't cheat every once in a while, everyone else has a leg up on you and school really has become a competition.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:25 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by getwellchad
I think of cheating as the school equivalent of steroids in baseball. Most people cheat so if your not cheating, you’re at a disadvantage. Now I do occasionally cheat if I'm not prepared for a pop quiz of a short story I didn't read or a Spanish vocab quiz, but usually I know the material and don't have to.
That's bull, I cheat when i need it and let people cheat off me cause i'm nice and want my classmates to do well. I know that with my test scores and letter's of rec I won't have issues getting into a good undergrad program.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:29 PM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
That's bull, I cheat when i need it and let people cheat off me cause i'm nice and want my classmates to do well. I know that with my test scores and letter's of rec I won't have issues getting into a good undergrad program.
I don't get it, didn't you pretty much agree with me?
Old 10-11-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink

people should be punished for getting caught cheating but praised for getting away with it... life is about acomplishing tasks in the most effective and easiest way possible or as i like to call it cheating...this would bring the real world into the classroom and teach what is practical and actually going to help you in the world
Old 10-11-2006, 11:32 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Nah, you said that we cheat cause otherwise we're at a disadvantage. I don't ever need to cheat if I just wasn't really lazy. So i cheat not to get back to a level playing field but to get a leg up.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:39 PM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Nah, you said that we cheat cause otherwise we're at a disadvantage. I don't ever need to cheat if I just wasn't really lazy. So i cheat not to get back to a level playing field but to get a leg up.
I think you misunderstood me, I said I'd cheat on a quiz if I hadn't read and didn't want a zero so my grade didn't suffer, but thats it. Now the playing field thing is that most people would do the same so if I didn't, I would be at a disadvantage. If no one cheated and just took their zero's when they didn't know the material, I would do the same. like a ball player and steroids, but not as extreme.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
I think you misunderstood me, I said I'd cheat on a quiz if I hadn't read and didn't want a zero so my grade didn't suffer, but thats it. Now the playing field thing is that most people would do the same so if I didn't, I would be at a disadvantage. If no one cheated and just took their zero's when they didn't know the material, I would do the same. like a ball player and steroids, but not as extreme.
Even if they didn't i'd still cheat.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Dont even bother carrying this argument on, CGF looks for any chance he can get to try and tell someone how smart he considers himself.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:42 PM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Even if they didn't i'd still cheat.
Awesome.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:24 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, i've had 3 serious girlfriends....and i cheated on 2 of them. BUT, in both cases the girl I cheated with was the 3rd serious gf, AKA, my wife.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:53 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
ok, i've had 3 serious girlfriends....and i cheated on 2 of them. BUT, in both cases the girl I cheated with was the 3rd serious gf, AKA, my wife.
...have you told your wife about me, yet? You had promised you would this week, and it's already thursday!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:25 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
...have you told your wife about me, yet? You had promised you would this week, and it's already thursday!
well, i was thinking about that...maybe it could just be our little secret. you know? why ruin it by telling people?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

U want innovative cheating, how about this. Make your cheat sheet, get a poland spring water bottle and drink it down until about where the label is, slip the cheat sheet under the label, type facing into the bottle, then you can read the cheat sheet since the bottle/water is clear.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be honest in that I've rarely cheated and haven't been proud of when I have. And maybe it's just me but whenever I cheat I feel really guilty toward the teacher that I have that class in and I really wish I hadn't. I'm not even too big about people cheating off me either because it's the same as cheating yourself. And plus if they don't put in the work than they don't deserve the grade.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:31 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Who cheats off the person next to them? Sure sure you kids are all geniuses on the internet (we know, you try your best to remind us every oppertunity you get..) but your idea of cheating on a test is copying off some kid next to you?

Come on, you gotta cheat off of the teachers answer key, or pull up your sweatshirt and read the correct answers off your arm.
meh. one of my teachers would leave the answers on the blackboard from the class before, then wander out of the room for half an hour to fill her "coffee thermos" up with more vodka. sometimes, there's just no need for innovation.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:45 AM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's fine...just don't get caught.

Since most are talking about school and girlfriends (I've never cheated on either), I'll talk about steroids and baseball, which I feel is justified cheating. If I was a decent minor leaguer, and the only thing seperating me from the majors and a seven figure salary was a little more power, I would absolutely take steroids, and I'm sure all of you would too.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:53 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF
It's fine...just don't get caught.

Since most are talking about school and girlfriends (I've never cheated on either), I'll talk about steroids and baseball, which I feel is justified cheating. If I was a decent minor leaguer, and the only thing seperating me from the majors and a seven figure salary was a little more power, I would absolutely take steroids, and I'm sure all of you would too.
nah, i like having hair, no bacne and testicles. those things are worth the difference in a minor league and major league salary.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

JagsFanWL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In my 4th period class, we had a test...

its a split class, meaning, class...lunch...class

so at the lunch bell he told us all to leave out tests on the desk, i left an old graded test and took my test and the book 2 lunch and did it then...

i thought it was clever, seeing as i didnt get caught
Old 10-12-2006, 04:11 PM    (permalink
SevenNationArmy

Cheating is only wrong if it negatively impacts someone else. I learned a lot in some college classes, but the professor was a crackpot, and why should I suffer because he can't teach worth **** or makes impossible tests. If I didn't know anything at all, then I wouldn't cheat, but as long as I learn while cheating its alright.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenNationArmy
Cheating is only wrong if it negatively impacts someone else. I learned a lot in some college classes, but the professor was a crackpot, and why should I suffer because he can't teach worth *********** or makes impossible tests. If I didn't know anything at all, then I wouldn't cheat, but as long as I learn while cheating its alright.
i'm sure you know this, but cheating in college is nothing to F around with. if you get caught, you'd be lucky to get away with just failing the class. sometimes, it can result in dismissal from the college in bad standing...which means, good luck getting into another college.

story time.
I was in an African History class where the professor outlined her hatred of cheating early on. She said she'd look for it and punish it to the fullest extent. So, we had a series of 5 short papers we had to write on required reading. The last one was on a novel that I read, and actually enjoyed. I wrote the 2-3 page paper and handed it in. since it was the last paper, we never got them back before we left for winter break. when my grades arrived, I recieved an "I" for the course and a letter from the prof saying she had some questions about my paper, and I should see her as soon as I got back from break. I thought right away, that she was accusing me of plagerism. But, I thought, "eh, simple misunderstanding, i'll talk to her, and be done with it, and have my grade right away"

So...first day of second semester classes, i go to her office. she says, "clearly you plagerized this paper from an internet site, so I'm gonna give you a failing grade for the course".

I said, "um, no i didn't"

she smurked at me, and pulls out this print out from an internet site which had 2 sentences from my paper, word for word, and said "well, then explain this"

I looked at the sentences and told her that I think I got those right from the book.

She said, "no, i've been teaching that book for 7 years, and i think i would know if those phrases were in there"

I said, "well, i've never seen that website before. maybe they came from class notes:

she interupted me and said "cut the bullsh*t, i know this is plagerism, and you know its plagerism. you can either admit it and recieve a failing grade, or fight it in an academic hearing, and lose, and recieve a failing grade."

I said, "allright, well, i'm gonna look through the book and my notes and see if i can find where this came from, and i'll get back to ya"

she said "don't bother bringing your notes back here, because I know that you'll just fabricate whatever you want"

so, i left, re-read the whole effing book. and found both sentences word for word. the same sentences that she swore were not in there.

so, back to her office i went.

"here they are, right here"

she said "well, ok, i guess we're at a stalemate. you say you got them from the book, i still maintain that you got them from a website, i'll think this over and get back to you"

here is where i kinda lost it.

went on a long rant about how she told me straight out that i wouldn't find the sentences in the book, i've never cheated, i've gotten good grades on every paper in the class and would have no reason to cheat.

and i left.

2 days later, i get back from class and there's a message on my answering machine from the professor stating she will not be pursuing me for academic dishonesty. i was happy at first, cracked open a celebratory beer....then wrote her a nasty later demanding an apology and sent copies to the dean.

she never got back to me.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Dont even bother carrying this argument on, CGF looks for any chance he can get to try and tell someone how smart he considers himself.
Not all of us can be as dumb as you nerv :P