Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-28-2007, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

The 2007 NFL Draft is just two hours away I thought we better have a thread just for Chiefs Draft talk.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
The 2007 NFL Draft is just two hours away I thought we better have a thread just for Chiefs Draft talk.

It's going to be a long two hours.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
USAF Chief

The two hours leading up to it will feel like nothing compared to the 7 hours spent listening to various analysts give their opinions over and over.

15 minutes per team, the majority of which I don't care about at all.

I've come to my final decision I hope we grab Harrell in first round because he is exactly the type of player we need in the middle. 6 foot 4 and 300 pounds he could probably bulk up to at least 315-325 eventually.

Later.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
It's going to be a long two hours.
well really it's two hours and then some til KC picks
Old 04-28-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

I woke up like 5 times last night excited for the draft. I would wake up grab my phone real fast then see that it was 2, then 5, then 5:40...
Old 04-28-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

The Star is saying we are getting Aaron Ross. I really don't want a corner in round 1 but if we had to get one I really like Ross.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does the draft start at 10 KC time or do we have to sit threw a hour of talk and then the draft starts a 11?
Old 04-28-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

it starts at 11 our time.

12/ea
Old 04-28-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

That is so weak we have to sit threw a hour of who are the Raiders going to take who is going to trade up for CJ blah blah just start the dam thing!
Old 04-28-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Yeah, I'm almost tired of hearing about the top 5 picks. That's about all that the major sports networks have talked about for 2 months now. I am going to be watching the Texans closely though. If they trade back with Denver I think and chance of getting Joe Staley goes out the window.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
Yeah, I'm almost tired of hearing about the top 5 picks. That's about all that the major sports networks have talked about for 2 months now. I am going to be watching the Texans closely though. If they trade back with Denver I think and chance of getting Joe Staley goes out the window.
I think Denver is trying to get a head of the 49ers and Bills to take Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss
Old 04-28-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I think Denver is trying to get a head of the 49ers and Bills to take Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss

They are, but the Texans at 21 would almost for sure take Staley. I don't know if they have the guts to do it at 10. That's why I'm hoping they don't deal. It's just a personal preference though because I really want us to get Staley but I don't think it's happening.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I can't believe Miami passed on Quinn.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man can you imagine if Quinn fell to 23?Do we take him
Old 04-28-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Oh man can you imagine if Quinn fell to 23?Do we take him
Yes, we have to. You can't pass on potential franchise QB, especially when they fall to you in the mid 1st round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

oh man one more pick before we might get Quinn
Old 04-28-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Dwayne Bowe is a great pick.He has size. speed and hands and is a good blocker in the running game
Old 04-28-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Stupid Pick Herm
Old 04-28-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

So far it's been suprising but ok. Bowe is very solid and fits what we are trying to do on offense. I also think that he is going to be a receiver who should be able to help out immediatley. McBride was a little bit of a suprise to me but he definitely potential. The thing I like about the guy is that he appears to love playing football and that is a great trait. It's funny though that the two guys I thought we were getting in Quinn and Wright were both grabbed by Cleveland trading up right in front of us. I would have loved to be in the draft room today.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Tyler was defenitly a suprise. That said we should be replenished on our DLine now and can hopefully find some jewels at CB and OL tomorrow. Ryan Sims was already projected to be cut, but he might as well have his locker cleaned out now. I'm hoping that we can get a deal done tonight to get back into the forth round because there are some nice DB's left for early in day 2.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Tyler if he can stop beating cops up could be a steal
Old 04-28-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

I wonder if the two picks for DLine today means that KC is conceding that Allen is not going to be back after next season. I sure hope not but I think it's a possibility.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

not bad, but we still need o-line help.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
not bad, but we still need o-line help.

Yeah. I'm going to trust that Peterson and Solari can make something happen here. No matter what happened today we were still going to have holes to fill. It wasn't flashy but I'm trusting that Herm is getting the guys that will make a difference.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

I know I trust herm. I have it in my profile that i believe Bowe will be a bust, but I wasn't mad when we made the pick because I trust herms decisions and hopes he proves me wrong. We don't have quality starters or depth on the o-line which is the problem.