Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-28-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Minnesota Vikings Draft Day Thread

Hello everyone. Let's talk about what happens in here!

Round 1: RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma

Round 2: WR Sidney Rice, South Carolina

Round 3: CB Marcus McCauley, Fresno State

Round 4: DE Brian Robison, Texas

Round 5: WR Aunrae Allison, East Carolina

Round 6: LB Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma

Round 7: QB Tyler Thigpen, Coastal Carolina

Round 7: WR Chandler Williams, Florida International

My overall grade: B

Last edited by Vikes99ej : 04-29-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
the Laos
Rookie

the Laos hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ad! Yeahh!
Old 04-28-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** this team. We are ******* garbage directed by ******* garbage headed for a ******* garbage ass future.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA for Severe Punishment.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
the Laos
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA for Severe Punishment.
haha foreal, now that bum can get over his man love for brady.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Safe pick from a Childress perspective I think (over taking another QB, admitting his mistake then trying to develop him and the WR group, this way, pure pounding the ball behind the left side). Dont mind it at all.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

? why exactly is it "hahahah" for me ?

All I've ever said is I wanted value at 7. A.D. gives us decent value there.....of course, I agree with the concensus that he's not a guy that
will hold up over the span of a season. I expect he'll be injured by week 12.

And yeah, I wanted Quinn and think he'd have been a much better value
at 7, but to say "hahaha" is a typical Minnesota fan response.
The same fans that booed Daunte Culpepper and Kevin Williams
and boasted about how Chris Hovan and Troy Williamson would be "sure bets" to make Pro Bowls.

I've learned that for the most part to ignore what Viking fans "want" because they're uneducated on what it takes to create a winner.

....now, on A.D. IF and that's a GIANT IF ...if he stays healty, he will be a very good weapon for this team. To bad we still don't have a passing attack to take pressure off of the running game.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who is devastated that we took Rice when Jarrett was still available. Ill admit that hurt me a little. Typical Vike pick.

At least we took AD, would have preferred Quinn, but Peterson is a good pickup.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Jarrett is going to have a very tough time in the league.I do like the McCauley pick...would've prefered Dameion Hughes as I think his skill better transistions to the Tampa 2...but McCauley is a very good prospect as well..All in all I like the areas we addressed today. Got good value at 1, got the WR we desperately needed in 2 and took a guy who could be groomed to take over for Winfield at 3.Solid effort so far...time will tell if this day 1 was worth passing on a potentialQB, and if we took the "right" WR.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loving the first day, probably not going to be able to watch the second day since I have a doubleheader tomorrow. We have two fourth round selections so looking forward to that.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Awesome 1st day IMO

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I give today's draft a B+. If RB had actually been a need, I'd say an A.

But hopefully we see a lot of this: http://maddenfb.com/photos/draftpick.../original.aspx
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
amesbear
Rookie

amesbear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can't say I'm too upset with day one. I like AD. Still can't decide if we made the right choice. I like Rice. Jarret would have been nice but I think Rice is quicker. His cuts seem tighter and his acceleration also seems better. Addressing the DB situation was an obvious need and we made a solid pick. Pretty good for the third round anyway. I am upset Paul Williams got away. I just liked the way he played. I'll be looking forward to day 2.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You guys had, by far, the best day IMHO. 3 Day 1 starters if they come in working "All Day."

Atlanta came in second.... not sure what they went WR for with all the number 1s they have invested in WR.

First day champs = Vikings.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are going to regret passing on Quinn. But I didnt hate today like I expected.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea im not totally sold on the decision of passing on quinn, but atleast we passed on quinn for Adrian Peterson rather than Ted Ginn...

I love the second pick i love how we got a trade down with atlanta and picked up an extra 4th and still got Sidney Rice. I would have liked to have Dwayne Jarret but i think what it boiled down to is Jarret's character i dont think he was a childress guy.

I love the third rounder as McCauley is of GREAT value and i love his potential i would have also been fine to see Charles Johnson at that pick but i think childress made the correct decision in going with McCauley
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
You guys had, by far, the best day IMHO. 3 Day 1 starters if they come in working "All Day."

Atlanta came in second.... not sure what they went WR for with all the number 1s they have invested in WR.

First day champs = Vikings.
No we had a good first day but i beileve that the Carolina panthers are the first day champs by far

Jon Beason
Dwayne Jarret
Ryan Kalil
Charles Johnson

that's one hell of a First Day
Old 04-29-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
the Laos
Rookie

on day two, i hope we target beekman, ramirez, and barbre to help our line. i wouldn't mind taking allison or courtney taylor, but would much rather have a pass catching tight end like patrick or milner. only d end i'd like to see us take right now is robison. also for the defensive line if mcbean is still there, i pray to god we take him. i'm hoping for mcbean with the first 4th rounder, ramirez with the second, and milner in round 5.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

I think it's way to early to "grade" drafts. Typically you do that 3 years after it's over. Right now all we'd be grading is hype.
Let's see how these guys react and respond to the position they get put in.

With that said I like the guys the Vikes took ...also San Fran, Atlanta, Cleveland, and Indy took great players for their system. I expect all 4 of those guys to make contributions right away.

I don't understand Houston's choices AT ALL. how they refuse to help out their QB's by neglecting their O-line is some sort of conspiracy.
I expect Matt Schaub to be knocked out of at least 3 games.
Kansas City too. Honestly, they lost Roaf, Sheilds, Turley....who the hell is even left to block for LJ ?

These 2 teams will have to share the "bonehead draft strategy" award for passing on O-Lineman to take skill position players.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm hoping for Allison day two, or maybe Ben Patrick.
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I believe i read somewhere that Herm Edwards believes that Good Offensive linemen can be found in later rounds
Old 04-29-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
? why exactly is it "hahahah" for me ?
Maybe because you've spent the better part of the last several months calling any Viking fan an idiot if they didn't want your manlover Brady Quinn at #7.

The guy had to freaking seek shelter in a private suite to avoid utter embarrassment. It would hardly be "valuable" taking Quinn at #7, and the facts prove it.

You were wrong again. As usual.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Allison and an O-lineman in the 4th would be just fantastic.
If we get say Allison and Rameriez. I'd be very happy with whoever else
we took in the 5th - 7th (even Marcus Thomas)
Old 04-29-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Maybe because you've spent the better part of the last several months calling any Viking fan an idiot if they didn't want your manlover Brady Quinn at #7.

The guy had to freaking seek shelter in a private suite to avoid utter embarrassment. It would hardly be "valuable" taking Quinn at #7, and the facts prove it.

You were wrong again. As usual.
You're a liar and a moron. I've said I want value at 7. Find a post suggesting anything contrary. Otherwise s.t.f.u.

Yeah, he's still going home tonight a multi millionaire (he has the highest noteriety in the draft..his marketabilty is thru the roof now.
he gets a chance to start on a team that isn't going to give up 80+ sacks
has 2 solid weapons... a rising defense behind him and he gets to play so close to his family he'll probably need 50 tix for every game. He's still going to be one of people's 50 most beautiful people and gets to nail that sweet blonde that was on his arm all day long.

...yeah , feel sorry for him when something bad happens to the guy.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

She didn't have any tits.
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote