Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-29-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

like you'd kick her out of bed ..HA !.. and isn't that Urlachers sister ?
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oh ****

SORRY BRIAN YOUR SISTER IS BEAUTIFUL
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:58 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Few million takes care of the tits if you care that much...

I like our draft. I think we did alright. But I'd have preferred another player at every selection. Quinn, Jarrett and Hughes would have been my guys but it was a solid draft. Peterson was my 5th favourite at pick 7 and 3 of the others were gone by the time it came around but I think we are going to regret passing on Quinn for a long time. Peterson should be a good contributer though, if he can stay healthy, which I see no reason why he shouldnt.

I dont like the Rice choice to be honest. There were a good 5 players taken after him I'd have preferred, but most notably I'd have preferred Jarrett. I just dont buy him struggling, I never watched a game where anyone looked like they could cover him and he was just unstoppable in the end zone. Rice is a better WR prospect than most of the other guys though. I also dont like the South Carolina thing, we've been burnt there before.

Cant complain with Marcus. Would prefer Hughes who is a better fit, but if McCauley sorts himself out, he can be an elite CB. Makes for a good nickel back either way. He probably has the size to move to safety also, which is an added bonus considering how lacking we are there.

Overall I would say B- more on what could have been than what was actually done.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

No **** on the tits part and I thought it was aj hawks sister or some ****.

Any way Adrian Peterson was a good but not great pick Visions of two ex first round picks come to mind #21 and #26 i wont mention any names any true viking fan knows exactly which two.

Rice has way more potential and production then the Moron Meachum yall have been chest bumping about. Yes he does bring his own set of issues, Yes he could use more polish, But lets face it If he was a finished product hed a been there with CJ in the top 5

The CB I really think this is probably the best pick we made so far. Awesome athelete tough durable kid with production and even more upside. Im actually thinking he could be a great addition.

Why am I still waiting for some monumental screw up that only the vikings would do? And Im still kinda wondering why we didnt trade up to get Quinn. You add both Quinn and Peterson and we have the makings of what may have been a draft for the ages.

Solid draft so far We got alot of production and even more potential in our picks so far I really dont see how we get less then a B+ for this days draft. But we arent half done yet and I just hope we can put two solid days together.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:30 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego
Why am I still waiting for some monumental screw up that only the vikings would do? And Im still kinda wondering why we didnt trade up to get Quinn. You add both Quinn and Peterson and we have the makings of what may have been a draft for the ages.
I was kind of hoping they would trade back up to take him aswell im pretty sure they were working the phones trying but in the end it was probably too much for Childress's taste
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:12 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
History has taught you to think like that. This offseason has only further proven the thought that you check your brain at the door to manage Minny. Plus, in 3 years time, taking AP over BQ may be that mistake. Would love the idea of us moving up for Quinn, but it's too late now.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 04-29-2007, 07:45 AM    (permalink
amesbear
Rookie

amesbear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No **** on the tits part and I thought it was aj hawks sister or some ****.

I think you are thinking of AJ Hawk being married to Brady Quinn's sister. And that chick that was with Quinn had a busted face too.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Ahf112

The Vikings had the best 1st Day ever!
Adrian Peterson-ENORMOUS stud! He's gonna be amazing
Sidney Rice- I really like, I think he could be very good
McCauley- I also really like, could be great.

And don't complain about anything because look at some other teams and what they did..Like the Eagles takin Kevin Kolb at 36
Old 04-29-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we just traded with tampa bay to go to pick 102 to take Brian Robinson DE/Texas. I thought we were going to take Josh Beekman but after Day one i have trust in the Front Office.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Just going off of the positions we took in order.

RB / WR / CB / DE

I'm going to be a skeptic that we needed a RB in the first.
Pittman IMO has similar value as does Peterson over the short term.
(Someone who can share carries) I like Peterson, just need to see him
hold up after taking some hits.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah they were saying how Peterson needs to hit the defensive on the side instead of right on and getting hit but he is a punisher and Ive very happy with him and with Rice that was a great pick up, Speed and Hands. BTW Rameriz just went to the Lions.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

I saw that...we're up next

I'm hoping we grab Aundre Allison , Brandon Frye or Josh Beekman.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

We traded it away hmm for what.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Not a fan of giving up a 6th to move up a few spots to take a marginal talent. He is pretty much exactly the same as Udeze is and everyone wants him gone. OL and LB are still screaming out that they need fixing.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Wonderful a trade.

Ya know if we were going to trade twice in the 4th round...why exactly wouldn't we strike a deal with the Seahawks for Darrell Jackson ???
This team is full of young unproven WR's....I thought for sure if D-Jax
was to be traded that he'd come here.
Are they STILL pissed off at Hutch sooooo much that they wouldn't take our pick for him ?

hahahha
Old 04-29-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Do u know what we got?

Old 04-29-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Traded for a 6th, 7th and future 3rd. Good trade if they honestly dont think we can help our OL, which clearly we can seeing as how we are basically just picking two bums out of the crowd each week to man the right side... but still a good trade.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Not Bad i guess. I guess we have ammo now that we can jump back into the 5th round and take a WR or OL.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im starting to like day 2. We just took Aundrae Allison. He is a WR I really like for this round I think its great value.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Nice 5th round Pick. Allison and Rice will be very helpful.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
chug o nomics
Rookie

chug o nomics hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great draft so far, guys. Brad Childress is slowly instilling confidence in me.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

I agree on the WR's .. Allison and Rice will be very helpful.
Would still have loved to have added D-Jax to the mix. We need
a legit WR. As good as these kids are ...right now they're just good
prospects.

I still think Brandon Frye from Virginia Tech would be great late value.
He's versitale and has nice footwork and decent strength. he's young
to the position and that's what's keeping him from being taken early.
Mason Crosby would be interesting also. Longwell is clutch and top notch.
But Crosby could be a "specialist" guy to boot kickoffs thru uprights.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

yeah Crosby be intersting and i was just shocked that KC took Medlock over Crosby. I think we have to go OL in the 6th and then 7th fill some positions.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned what I feel is a very good 2nd day selection in Brain Robinson who gives us a speed guy off the edge. As many of you have pointed out RB was not a real need in round 1, but in every round following that we've done a great job of gettting top value and filling needs at the same time. I also think if we could pick up a project T late here it would be a good move. In compairison to last years draft I dont think anyone should be complaining.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I missed what we got in return for trading our 4th round pick to Dever I was told a 3rd next year and a 6th and 7th this year, but haven't seen us with a 6th round pick according to ESPN.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote