Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-29-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Christ...Houston finally pulled their heads out of their backsides and took
O-Line help. I predict Frye will have a very nice career.

Hmmm well there's still Tim Duckworth out of Auburn.
He did help pave the way for 1000 yard backs Ced Benson / Caddy Williams and David Irons. He's huge and a power guy. Not big on technique more of a bruiser style player.
And Artis Hicks is worthless. If we go O-line Duck is a guy I wouldn't mind seeing..
...but the longer this goes the more intreguing a Crosby becomes.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

eh , I think last year people were most pissed off at how many day 1 picks we gave up. With those value picks you can do more (trade up...or trade for "better" higher rounders next year ..which would've been this year) but to trade up to grab a couple of projects (which Cook and Jackson clearly are) then yeah, I think the fans had every right to be upset.

Look at it this way, we could've very easily taken Mauirce Jones-Drew ...a guy who a TON of people thought was a late 1st early 2nd round talent.
We at that point had basically the same RB crew we started the year with, and look what he did behind a good Oline in jax.
Now last year we have Chester Taylor and MJD..then this yaer there's ZERO chance we would've taken Peterson.
As solid a pick as Peterson was this year, ...part of that has to do with
having such a horrible late 2nd day last year.
Then we could've gone Quinn, Okoye, Anderson or one of the top tier WR's or have traded down without having that huge "oh my God who will be our playmakers" at RB.

As for Robison , he's alright...a tad overhyped on message boards if you ask me..he's not real strong ,..not really fast and is a bit of a "workout warrior". He gives great effort on special teams and could potentially work
his way up to be a good backup WILL.

More picks this year is always more fun.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm expecting us to get an O-lineman in round 6 or 7.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rufus not bad of a pick i mean he is worth a 6th round pick and he can help us in the LB core that isnt deep.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#176 Rufus Alexander... interesting
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas is going to mason crosby right here.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Not a fan of another OLB...but as long as we went this way I LOVE Alexander. He's a perfect fit for the cover 2 ..tampa 2. Great lean frame ..good hips and lateral movement in coverage...he's going to be solid.

I would've thought HB Blades or Brandon Siler an interior LB would've made more sense. EJ isn't proven there , Cirruci is a special teamer and we really have only OLB's moving over...we could still go ILB very easily with another pick. And by the looks of it, there should be great value there.

I'm wondernig why Duckworth hasn't gone.

Last edited by Severe Punishment : 04-29-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some odd reason coaches like taking two or more players from the same school... at the very least Alexander should be a good special teams player.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

anyone else suprised to see Ben Patrick still on the board? Scott seemed somewhat high on him for awhile and I'm suprised to see him on the board still. I think he's great value for any team that gets him at this point. I would have liked to see us pick him in the 6th.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

if he there in the 7th for us, i want him.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

I was thinking that too about Ben Patrick. He'd be a nice addition.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

I don't see Patrick comin here. Kliensauser restructred and Shiancoe signed for multiple years...the other TE who signed a 3 year deal (Dugan ?)...this ain't Mike Tice drafting anymore....yeah ! no more 15 TE's on the roster and no more Maryland reaches.

I'm thinking David Patterson DT OSU. You'd think we'd have taken one for depth by now.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

I'd expect OL and DT to be our last couple picks since neither has been addressed yet.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

we could take the Guard from Auburn.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

hahahaha....4 project QB's to lead the squad.

Wonderful.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

Tyler Thigpen?
Old 04-29-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Uhhhh.......The classic Pick for a let down. lol. Tyler Thigpen hmmm should be cut before the season.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Evidently we're banking on getting one of those elite tackle prospects
for next year before we take care of that terrible right side of the line.

And 2 DT's going into the season is an embarrasment on not even knowing the needs of your own team.
I realize there are other ways to acquire players...but guys that come thru on trades are either disgruntled or long in the tooth.
Alexander wasn't a need and where we did have needs DT, ILB, and OT/OG we completely disgregard.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Yeah, that pick confuses me. I don't know where we are going to go with the last pick. I guess we are going to depend on UDFAs.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

All i do is think postive and i feel that Tarvaris Jackson will become a good player for us and Peterson and Rice will give them great weapons to hand too and too throw too. I feel that we will be good but im worried like you are about the right side of the line and how many DT's will have. Ian Scott is still out there isnt he?

Old 04-29-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chandler Williams, WR at 233.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Another WR. Hmm I rate this draft a B+

Old 04-29-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

I think this draft went better than many might have expected. They didn't address DT or OL, but they should be able to signs a couple of UDFA's to fill some holes.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

It's okay everyone. 7th round picks are usually training camp cuts, anyways.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Yeah, Im happy after this draft. It could have been alot worse.