Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-28-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.
Default Draft Discussion Thread

Just figured we could use a thread to discuss the draft...

First things first, they just booed Brady Quinn when he was introduced by Deion.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pumped.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Hey I just wanted to post my final overall mock on here as well as the mock section:

Round 1

1 Oakland Raiders- JaMarcus Russell QB LSU

2 Detroit Lions- Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech

3 Cleveland Browns- Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin

4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Gaines Adams DE Clemson

5 Arizona Cardinals- Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma

6 Washington Redskins- LaRon Landry S LSU

7 Minnesota Vikings- Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame

8 Atlanta Falcons- Amobi Okoye DT Louisville

9 Miami Dolphins- Levi Brown OT Penn State

10 Houston Texas- Leon Hall CB Michigan

11 San Francisco 49ers- Adam Carriker DE Nebraska

12 Buffalo Bills- Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss

13 St. Louis Rams- Alan Branch DT Michigan

14 Carolina Panthers- Greg Olsen TE Miami

15 Pittsburgh Steelers- Lawrence Timmons LB Florida State

16 Green Bay Packers- Marshawn Lynch RB California

17 Jacksonville Jaguars- Reggie Nelson S Florida

18 Cincinnati Bengals- Jon Beason LB Miami

19 Tennessee Titans- Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State

20 New York Giants- Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh

21 Denver Broncos- Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas

22 Dallas Cowboys- Robert Meachem WR Tennessee

23 Kansas City Chiefs- Dwayne Bowe WR LSU

24 New England Patriots (f/SEA)- Chris Houston CB Arkansas

25 New York Jets- Jarvis Moss DE Florida

26 Philadelphia Eagles- Michael Griffin S Texas

27 New Orleans Saints- Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

28 New England Patriots- David Harris LB Michigan

29 Baltimore Ravens- Joe Staley OT Central Michigan

30 San Diego Chargers- Brandon Meriweather S Miami

31 Chicago Bears- Dwayne Jarrett WR USC

32 Indianapolis Colts- Aaron Ross CB Texas
Old 04-28-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the Russell pick by the Raiders, I smell the next Ryan Leaf...

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea I have Quinn >> Russell but I wont surprise me if Russell goes either way
Old 04-28-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea I have Quinn >> Russell but I wont surprise me if Russell goes either way
Russell skyrocketed up the boards after the Sugar Bowl, Leaf did the same after the Rose Bowl. Russell is big, athletic, and big arm, Leaf had ditto. I think the Raiders should have taken Calvin and then get Trent Edwards with the second round pick.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Now that Detroit has selected Calvin Johnson, look for them to take a QB in with the 2nd pick in round 2. Maybe John Beck or Trent Edwards. If I'm the Ravens I'm calling Detroit and telling them that I'm taking Beck(whom they covet) at #29. Then watch Detroit scramble and offer a deal for our pick at #29.

God I love draft day!
Old 04-28-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

they are talking about how everybody was like"Go Offense" about us meaning Lawrence Phillips and we took Ogden I am glad that happened.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

I said in the QB @ 29 thread and I'm saying it here, trade up and get Quinn at 10 now!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-28-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I wouldnt go nuts about that but it probably wont happen.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I wouldnt go nuts about that but it probably wont happen.
Don't discredit it, come on he's the best QB on the board without a doubt and if they won't have faith in Boller then Quinn would be the guy. Quinn to Baltimore, you heard from me first!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-28-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

Ozzie needs to get on the phone and try to trade up to the Cowboys at 22. Quinn would be an amazing pick for us. Literally I would be running around my house screaming if we can get him.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

DAMNIT. The Browns get 2 top 5 players in the same draft. I'm speechless.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of Staley, Meachem or Bowe better drop to us, also I want Alan Branch.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

we were talking to Quinn for a while then CLE called Quinns GM so CLE traded to get Quinn.I am not the happiest camper.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Buck up gents we tried to get him but hey a lot of good talent is still out there so we should be in good shape.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-28-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

true, what would you do if we get Branch? I dont think we can get him because we just re-signed Gregg. But Branch and Ngata is the next generation Stroud and Henderson.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick coming up!
who?
Joe Staley?
Justin Blaylock?
Ryan Kalil?

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from yahoo:

"While Dallas was on the clock at pick No. 22, the Ravens contacted Brady Quinn to say they were trying to complete a trade to take him at 22. Within seconds of getting off the phone with the Ravens, the Browns called to tell Quinn that THEY had made a deal to take him. - 5:05 pm EDT"

WOW

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think Staley will be at our pick. Dont sleep on Ben Grubbs
Old 04-28-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

For the upcoming Ravens pick, there are alot of good options.

Chris Houston is one of my ideal picks for us. Joe Staley would also be nice.

Alan Branch is another guy that would be a great fit. His stock has definitely fallen a bit on my board, but I still have him near a top 20 talent. He would fit our scheme perfectly. He's obviously an exciting pick as he was being hyped as a top 10 pick at one time.

Dwayne Jarrett is another guy I'd be satisfied with. Receiver is not a big need and I have Robert Meachem ranked ahead of him, but I feel Jarrett is EXACTLY the type of player we need. A big, tall, possession guy that will really bolster our redzone offense. I have him as a 25-30 range talent and his production in college justifies him at 29.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

About Quinn, Notice how we were talking to Quinn not Dallas, I think it was a good move to probably spook out CLE to give up a lot. I read that on a different forum.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

I don't see Houston slipping by the Pats but its a toss up between Staley and Branch IMO. Its going to be who's higher on the board but Branch would be a nice addition to a stacked defense. But we need to address the lack of depth at the Tackle position.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-28-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

Either way, I'm gonna be happy about this pick. There are alot of good fits for us.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
About Quinn, Notice how we were talking to Quinn not Dallas, I think it was a good move to probably spook out CLE to give up a lot. I read that on a different forum.
Ozzie Newsome being devious and devious? No............. :D :D :D :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: