Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-28-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
deyebc
Rookie

deyebc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Leon Hall At #18

I am pretty mad the bengals picked up hall with this pick....
1st they should have traded down because they don't have a 3rd rounder...
2nd Leon Hall is vastly overrated and not a good cover corner (like our defense needs)
3rd Even though he is good against the run and has a good 40 time...he is only decent in zone coverage and gets burnt by talented WR's.

ANY THOUGHTS????
deyebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Dice_K

No disrespect but i tend to disagree, Hall was the BPA in terms of our need, he has been compared to Champ Bailey because, whatever he does, he does it extremely well and he comes with no character issues which is a huge plus side.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the pick too. I think he's a solid player and will be a big help. I would have ideally liked to see them move down but I guess they liked him too much to take the chance.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts, Hall is not overrated. He is a solid corner who is an Upgrade over James and ONeal imo. We really got hurt by the run on the outsides. He can help with that. He is the BPA that wasnt named Brady Quinn.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Ronniec513
Rookie

Ronniec513 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love the pick. I would've liked to trade down at the time, but our two main targets, Griffin and Ross, went 19 and 20 after our pick so we couldn't have traded down too far and still gotten a guy we liked. Hall is rated as a top 10 player i this draft, he slid a little because he doesn't have top-end speed but that's why he fits perfect here. Joseph has the top-end speed to match up against the speed WR on any team. Hall is simply solid in every area of the game. Show me a team in the NFL that has 2 WR's that run 4.35. It doesn't happen. Joseph covers the speed guy, Hall covers the bigger, route runner.
Ronniec513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy with the selection. He was the best corner available, and my favorite corner to begin with.
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrz
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the pick, CB was our main need and we took the best one available. He was projected to go higher by a lot of mocks so I'm definitely satisfied with the pick.
Bengalsrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he doesnt have to be a shutdown corner to be great on this team. there is only 1 true shutdown corner in this league and we all saw wat chad did to him in a mere 20 seconds(less i think actually). JJ will obviously be our one guy unless hall can prove he has that kind of speed. this tandem will be scary good for years plus they can learn from a pro bowl vet.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronniec513 View Post
I love the pick. I would've liked to trade down at the time, but our two main targets, Griffin and Ross, went 19 and 20 after our pick so we couldn't have traded down too far and still gotten a guy we liked. Hall is rated as a top 10 player i this draft, he slid a little because he doesn't have top-end speed but that's why he fits perfect here. Joseph has the top-end speed to match up against the speed WR on any team. Hall is simply solid in every area of the game. Show me a team in the NFL that has 2 WR's that run 4.35. It doesn't happen. Joseph covers the speed guy, Hall covers the bigger, route runner.
Good point and I hadn't thought of that. There are a ton of reasons this was a great pick for the Bengals:

1. The Bengals HAD to get a great character guy in the first round. The media would have been in a frenzy if they had taken someone like Merriweather. Also, just for team chemistry we needed a guy like Hall who is a student of the game and works extremely hard.

2. CB is premium position. For the Bengals, who spend a ton of money on the offense, it is impossible to go grab good CBs in free agency. Nate Clements is a good but not great CB and he got 10 mil. per year. Now we have 2 young guys who are going to be signed long term. Their combined salaries will be about 1/3 of what Clements makes.

3. Bengals filled their biggest need. The offense is obviously very good and didn't have major holes. The run D was actually middle of the pack last year. It was the pass D that was horrible. It absolutely killed us that we couldn't get off the field on third downs. Now, we don't have to count on the inconsistent Deltha O'neal to HAVE to be the starter. He could still start if he earns it, but he won't be given the position. Also, we would have had to go into the season with Kiewan as the nickle and he has looked terrible the last two seasons.

4. Addition of a physical presence in the secondary. One thing the Bengals have lacked for years is physical players in the secondary. Deltha is weak against the run. With Hall, Marvin White, Madieu and Joseph (surprisingly solid tackler I thought) we now have the makings of the best and toughest young secondary we have had in 15 years.

5. Very low bust factor. As mentioned earlier, CBs are expensive and very hard to find. Hall doesn't have to be a Pro Bowler. If he is a solid #2 corner alongside Joseph, he will be well worth a mid first rounder.

Last edited by bengalbuck : 05-06-2007 at 09:50 AM.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote