Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-29-2007, 04:22 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best players available, Day 2?

Here is my short list, in order:

1. Michael Bush
2. Tanard Jackson
3. Doug Free
4. Josh Beekman
5. Antonio Pittman
6. Manny Ramirez (though he will almost certainly be there at #122)
7. Tarrell Brown
8. Brian Robison
9. David Clowney
10. Aundrae Allison

That is, roughly, the order that I would prefer them in. I also would keep an eye out for Troy Smith, Paul Soliai and Jay Moore. I was kind of hoping that Edwards would fall down to us. He would be a perfect guy to groom as insurance for Romo, in case he doesn't get out of the woods, or as a valuable trading chip down the line, a la Schaub, or Hasselbeck, Brunell, Brooks, Feeley, etc etc. Too bad, I guess.

But, to me, Bush is the guy that we have to target. He fits a need, as a bigger back with, potentially, the power game that we lack (Barber is smash-mouth, but he simply lacks the physique to be a real bruiser). He is/was a first-round talent. He has the potential to be an upper-tier starter in the league, and might have the all-around game that we have been lacking since Emmitt.

After that, you have to think that Jackson would be a nice fit, too. He could come in as a S/CB tweener, and potentially win the nickel job either next year, or late this season, while giving us versatility, good special teams play, and even more options at the FS position should things go badly this year. An excellent player for what we need.

So, name your list. Top available players, not just for our needs.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:31 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Daymeion Hughes - I know about the forty time, but he's the definition of a playmaker. I want him!
2. Josh Beekman - Great backup with versatility, could play some snap in power running formation
3a. Tarrell Brow - I know about his problem with the law, but I really like him, he was good at Texas and he's a local guy
3b. Tanard Jackson - Good overall talent
4. Paul Soliai - Big Baby! Spell him with Ferguson and we have a very good tandem inside
5. Mason Crosby - Why not? We have 2 fourth rounds, we can grab an elite kicker who at least coud take a guy like Hester out of the game
6. Antonio Pittman - Grab him, trade Julius. Great talent, could be better than JJ, imo
7. Michael Johnson - I would take a risk, maybe in the fifth.
8. David Balle/Aundrae Allison - Could be two steals, they have potential of a number 2 guy.
9. Manny Ramirez - Strong e powerful dude
10. Melila Purcell - He has a sweeeeet name and he knows the 3-4.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:47 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hughes is gone, dude. Indy took him at the end of round 3....
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Hughes is gone, dude. Indy took him at the end of round 3....
Wow I've looked at the draft tracker three times and I wasn't able to find him! But I was awake until 4 am to watch the draft so I think I'm too tired :P

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Last edited by Modano : 04-29-2007 at 04:55 AM.
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:32 AM    (permalink
smith22

1st post, been lurking for some time.

A. Allison--WR
F. Bennett-CB
T. Brown-CB
P. Soliai-NT
A. Johnson-NT
B. Robison-DE/OLB
J. Beekman-OG
A. Barbre-OG
L. Harris-C
D. Free-OT
A. Pittman-RB
B. Siler-LB
M. Bush-RB
M. Ramirez-OG
Old 04-29-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

I think we should go o-line with one of the 4ths. Beekman or Ramirez please.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fred Bennett-CB
Soliai-NT
Micheal Bush-RB
Josh Beekman-OG would be a good one too
Old 04-29-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware_HITStick View Post
Fred Bennett-CB
Soliai-NT
Micheal Bush-RB
Josh Beekman-OG would be a good one too
Can't believe Beekman dropped so far. I would love him
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

For you Crosby supporters (Scott cough cough) the reporter from the ticket asked somebody in the front office yesterday about drafting a kicker and they said it would be "a cold day in hell" before Jerry Jones did that. Goose also said he'd be suprised if Crosby was even drafted maybe with a 7th. I would love the guys kickoffs though, a guy who can kick it out the back of the endzone half the time is extremly valuable if you ask me.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote