Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Anthony Spencer - Great pick. He'll let Carp play inside, and he'll be one heck of a pass-rusher, and a player on our team that should start soon. I like it, especially with the trade for the Browns' 1st next year. A

2. James Marten - Wasn't a huge fan. I thought Jason Hill would have been a much better pick here. I really don't see Marten turning into anything. D

3. Isaiah Stanback - I like this pick. It was a bit of a surprise, but he's a great athelete, and I think he could play QB in this league, and even if he can't, we can always move him to WR. B-

4. Doug Free - Great pick. Our LT of the future here. He should be starting in a year or two. A

5. Nick Folk - Wasn't in love with this one. I wanted Crosby more here. I don't see why we'd pass on him just because he had a bad Combine. Oh well... D

6. Deon Anderson - Meh. I really don't like this, either. I thought Hoyte did fine at FB last year, and we should keep him there. Anderson isn't exactly spectacular, either. D-

7. Courtney Brown - Spectacular pick here. I love Brown, and I think he might even be our #2 in a few years. He's got the tools, now we just need to develop him. A

8. Alan Ball - Didn't like this. He's not really that great IMO, and not really worth getting drafted even in the 7th. F

Grade - C+

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Dear god I hate Skip Bayless.

Why is this man on TV?
Because he is 100% right on that issue. I guess you people have not been watching the same Romo as me. Bad feet, Bad mechanics....sure is can pull things out of his butt on the run...but so could Steve Young. The difference, Young was a leader and a pocket passer. Romo = Neither. All he will ever be is a backup QB. This team had a chance to groom a true blue chip qb and passed......they will regret this in the long run.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dr. Z from SI gave us a C in our Draft.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico View Post
Because he is 100% right on that issue. I guess you people have not been watching the same Romo as me. Bad feet, Bad mechanics....sure is can pull things out of his butt on the run...but so could Steve Young. The difference, Young was a leader and a pocket passer. Romo = Neither. All he will ever be is a backup QB. This team had a chance to groom a true blue chip qb and passed......they will regret this in the long run.
How bout you do us all a favor and just go away until that "long run" comes to pass?

Romo has bad feet? LOL. His escapability in the pocket is one of his biggest strengths. Don't even start about mechanics being a determining factor in the success or definition of a QB. JaMarcus Russell has terrible mechanics and was the consensus #1 QB and #1 pick of the draft... should I go on and start to name all the successful QBs in the league who didn't have perfect mechanics? Ryan Leaf had good mechanics... Where did that take him?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How bout you do us all a favor and just go away until that "long run" comes to pass?

Romo has bad feet? LOL. His escapability in the pocket is one of his biggest strengths. Don't even start about mechanics being a determining factor in the success or definition of a QB. JaMarcus Russell has terrible mechanics and was the consensus #1 QB and #1 pick of the draft... should I go on and start to name all the successful QBs in the league who didn't have perfect mechanics? Ryan Leaf had good mechanics... Where did that take him?
also many scouts say that Quinn has bad footwork in the pocket, and some mechanics problems that they don't think can be fixed.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let us hold on a second here on mechanics and feet ..... when you are JeMarcus RUssell and have a CANON plus good touch plus accurate plus 6'6 .... mechanics are not as important.

... when you are Tony Romo, 6'2 with an adequate arm. Mechanics are very important. So is lifting. Ask Tom Brady. He was manufactured in New England. Once he got his feet together his velocity got better, his accuracy got better and once he hit the weights his arm strength improved.

For Tony, being efficient mechanically and well conditioned physically is very important and a major improvement need of his.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quinn's biggest issue are his feet. He does have bad footwork which for all of Charlie Weiss blah blah hype did not improve much. If Quinn cleans up his footwork he drastically improves his accuracy and goes from very good to great arm.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico View Post
Why are you even a fan of this team, all you have done for over a year is complain about every player and coach on the team. Who on the team do you like? I can't imagine being a fan and having such a horrible outlook on my own team. This is the time of year when people are positive about the future of their team, heck even Browns fans have hope now. It's a great time to be a football fan, we're all in the running for the superbowl.

Weren't you banned from this site anyways?
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Let us hold on a second here on mechanics and feet ..... when you are JeMarcus RUssell and have a CANON plus good touch plus accurate plus 6'6 .... mechanics are not as important.

... when you are Tony Romo, 6'2 with an adequate arm. Mechanics are very important. So is lifting. Ask Tom Brady. He was manufactured in New England. Once he got his feet together his velocity got better, his accuracy got better and once he hit the weights his arm strength improved.

For Tony, being efficient mechanically and well conditioned physically is very important and a major improvement need of his.
I don't care. Nobody in the league is without improvement. Romo is legit. He's our QB and there ain't no way in hell I will be regretting passing on Quinn. If we had drafted him, I would've been PISSED OFF!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's look at Brett Favre for a second. Romo and Favre have a lot of the same similarities. The only thing that Favre has over Romo is the arm. That's not saying that Romo's arm isn't sufficient. He has a pretty good arm, I just wouldn't call it a cannon.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
I don't care. Nobody in the league is without improvement. Romo is legit. He's our QB and there ain't no way in hell I will be regretting passing on Quinn. If we had drafted him, I would've been PISSED OFF!

Did I say otherwise D-Unit? I think you need to speak to Texico -- he hates Romo. I like Romo but he is still raw in spite of his ridiculous Pro Bowl selection
Old 05-01-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Tony is the type of player that needs to be proficient at the kraft. He is not the "talent is bursting all over" type player.

Comparing Tony to Russell or Elway or Aikman or Favre in terms of physical skills is not fair to Tony.

Tony can be just as good and succssful but he needs to work at his kraft harder and smarter than others.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I can't wait the day you will be forced to admit that you were wrong, because Spencer will start for us.

And you have always the same type of argument. Always. We're too slow, our Safeties are crappy, our OTs are crappy etc etc.

1. Hamlin is not a bad cover safety. He had a bad 2006 season, but before that he was regarded as a good cover safety.
2. Colombo had a great season for us, there's NO WAY you can say he wasn't good. And Flozell didn't have a great year, because he was incosistent. But he had like 8-9 great games. He was still recovering from an acl injury, I think this year he will play bettere.
3. Say what you want about Roy Williams but he's a true playmaker. If the pass rush will increase he will a lot of occasions to make big plays.
4. If Carpenter will play inside that doesn't mean tha it will another developmental year or so on. Carpenter practiced as both ILB and OLB for all of last year. He can make an impact from day 1. Dqwell Jackson played very good for the Browns last year, and he was a rookie with no experience in Crenell defense. And we can make the same examples for a lot of rookies.
And with Carpenter inside you won't be able to use the "we are too slow in the middle of the field" argument. Because Ayodele/James will be the run thumper (every 3-4 needs one) and Carpenter will play in a Donnie Edwards position.

About the NT. Tell me one guy we could have picked that could have make an impact. The only legit NT prospect was Soliai, and there were big question marks about him.
Oldie but goodie.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oldie but goodie.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Assuming we keep Cleveland 2nd and Spencer is gone by 36 ......... could swap out some stuff and get similar.......

36- Sidney Rice (WR)
53- Gerald Alexander (S)
87- Paul Soliai (NT)
122- Doug Free (LT)
159- Mike Coe (CB)
195- Jacob Ford (OLB)
200- Jordan Palmer (QB)
212- Ben Patrick (TE)
234- Brandon Siler (ILB)
237- 370lbs Thomas (NT)

Assuming we keep order we actually used and try validate actual picks ..

26 -- Spencer (OLB)
67 -- Paul Williams (WR) or Jacoby Jones (WR)
103 -- Paul Soliai (NT)
122 -- Doug Free (LT)
195- Jordan Pamer (QB)
200- Courntey Brown (CB)
234- Brandon Siler (ILB)
237- 370lbs Thomas (NT)

All these guys where around for him
Oldie but goodie.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to be on anyone's side here, but why are you bumping these threads? What do you hope to gain outside of internet pride? I think you're only hurting your cause here.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I think you're only hurting your cause here.
You mean showing history to prove a point?

I really have no cause other than to call a spade a spade. But I really can't stand how intellectually dishonest and hyper-sensitive (younger) people are today.

This whole debate is a microcosm of society -- one half says whatever they want no matter if it is unicorns and pixie dust then they attack the other side for calling it unicorns and pixie dust .... then once it is proven over time they are/were wrong -- the pixie dust/unicorn dupes simply change the goal posts, deny what they wrote/said earlier and claim they were right all along.

Sad. Make a statement, insult the opposition, lie about them, eventually get proven wrong, deny you said it, say you were mis-understood, change the debate even when facts are presented, and then repeat cycle.

But it is what it is. And facts are nettlesome things.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
You mean showing history to prove a point?

I really have no cause other than to call a spade a spade. But I really can't stand how intellectually dishonest and hyper-sensitive (younger) people are today.

This whole debate is a microcosm of society -- one half says whatever they want no matter if it is unicorns and pixie dust then they attack the other side for calling it unicorns and pixie dust .... then once it is proven over time they are/were wrong -- the pixie dust/unicorn dupes simply change the goal posts, deny what they wrote/said earlier and claim they were right all along.

Sad. Make a statement, insult the opposition, lie about them, eventually get proven wrong, deny you said it, say you were mis-understood, change the debate even when facts are presented, and then repeat cycle.

But it is what it is. And facts are nettlesome things.
It's just that you have a bad reputation form what I see as an antagonizer man. It's cool that you were right, but you have this us against them mentality. We're all fans of the same team, and at the end of the day we want the Cowboys to win. I want some peace in here ya know. Debates are cool as long as no one gets too prideful. We're all right and wrong about things........except Skip Bayless. He's always wrong, no matter how right he is.:D

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I normally agree with you BBD but to say we get a B because of next year's draft is a stretch. Next year's 1 is as yet to be a player. Who knows what that becomes. So, I just think the 1 is like saying "well we got an D" but I will give you and D+ cuz you may in the future do better on the test."

Not one player in this draft will play for the Cowboys in any meaningful way, including Spencer. If Wade does what I think he will the Front Seven will be much improved in pass rushing and the impact of a Rookie like Spencer will be minimal. Spencer was a luxury pick IMHO. AGAIN, he is the best rusher in the draft and he is a bette WOLB propsect than Ware. Ware is a much better SOLB and can actually cover a TE -- something Roy Williams can not do -- on first and second down.

The OL picks are good. Rather have my Tackle prospects than the Giants or any other team in the NFL. While Colombo and Flo are mediocre to say the least Free, Marten and McQuistan have talent. I think, baring injury, we have our answers at two key positions come 2008 and 2009.

The rest of the picks are pure garbage. Jones blew it on the WR front, the NT front and the DB front. We have not improved 1 bit in these positions since last year. Not 1.

We will continue to get killed covering Backs and TEs. If you spread the field on us and we don't get a sack we are still too slow in the middle of the field.

Carpenter will need to move inside which is another "developmental" year if you ask me plus you now verified Jones made a mistake with either Ayodele or James' contracts.

If Fergie goes down forget the season or one of the starting WR -- we are in deep pooh. Hurd and Crayton are not 1s. Austin could be put is raw. Pick a name NT is not ready unless we get someone off the waiver wire or get Kris Jenkins.

While last year's Cowboy draft may not have picked the best players b/c we went with Bill Guys (i.e., poor athletes for the picks) at least it made sense. Every pick made sense and you could see how they could help the team THAT YEAR.

This year, outside of Spencer as a third down guy, I see nothing of value to the 2007 team.

Grade D+ to C.
Oldie but goodie?
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
DeCrunkMAn
Rookie

DeCrunkMAn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
1. Anthony Spencer - Great Pick. Addressed a big need. Serious DROY Candidate. Bright Future in Dallas. A+

To get an A+: Move up in Rnd 2 for Dwayne Jarrett
for some reason this made me laugh real hard
DeCrunkMAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCrunkMAn View Post
for some reason this made me laugh real hard
HAHAHAHAHA. That makes me laugh real hard too.

Sadly, he's only shown flashes and has been a nonfactor splitting time with Ellis. DROY... LOOOOOL HAHAHAHAha.

Future still bright though! :p

As for Jarrett.... Wow, he's been good for nothing. I was wrong wrong wrong. Dead Wrong.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Oldie but goodie?
'Yeah, oldie.

I have no problem with what I get wrong as well as right.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
It's just that you have a bad reputation form what I see as an antagonizer man.
With all due respect, the antagonizers where the ones saying Madden, idiot, et al.

But yo, great weekend.