Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-29-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Dcboys94

QB: Tony Romo

FB: Deon Anderson

RB: Julius Jones/MB3

WR: TO
TG
Patrick Crayton
Sam Hurd
Isaiah Stanback

TE: Jason Witten
Anthony Fasano

LT: Flozell Adams
LG: Kyle kosier
OC: Andre Guroude
RG: Leonard Davis
RT: Marc Columbo

Defense:

DE:MArcus Spears
NT:Jason Ferguson
DE:Chris Canty

OLB:DeMarcus Ware
ILB:Bradie James/Carp rotating
ILB:Akin Ayodele/Carp rotating
OLB:Anthony Spencer

CB:Terence Newman
CB:Anthony Henry
FS:Ken"The Hammer" Hamlin
SS:Roy"Knockout"Williams

Nickel corner: Courtney Brown

PR:Terence Newman/Crayton rotating

KR:Miles Austin

K:Martin Gramatica( it's gonna be close here between Folk and Gramatica, but i think folk steps in year 2)

KO:Nick Folk
Old 04-29-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You do know we drafted Isaiah Stanback to be the PR/KR. The guys runs a 4.3 Forthy!!! And 10 bucks says Miles Austin doesn't make the team....
Old 04-29-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboys94 View Post

RB: Julius Jones/MB3

WR: TO
TG
Patrick Crayton
Sam Hurd
Isaiah Stanback

Anthony Fasano

LT: Flozell Adams
RT: Marc Columbo

Defense:

DE:MArcus Spears
DE:Chris Canty

OLB:DeMarcus Ware
ILB:Bradie James/Carp rotating
ILB:Akin Ayodele/Carp rotating
OLB:Anthony Spencer

FS:Ken"The Hammer" Hamlin
SS:Roy"Knockout"Williams

Nickel corner: Courtney Brown

PR:Terence Newman/Crayton rotating

KR:Miles Austin

K:Martin Gramatica( it's gonna be close here between Folk and Gramatica, but i think folk steps in year 2)

Where does this leave Ellis?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Austin will make the team.
and
I feel for Burnett.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no way a seventh round pick starts as nickel corner. It will be Glenn
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
mat33
Rookie

mat33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

RB: Julius Jones
WR: TO/Terry Glenn(Crayton 3rd, and either Hurd or Stanback as 4th)
LT: Flozell Adams(McQuistan will compete)
RT: Marc Columbo(Marten and Free will compete)

Defense:

DE:Marcus Spears
DE:Chris Canty(Hatcher will compete)
OLB:Demarcus Ware
ILB:Bobby Carpenter(Bradie James will compete)
ILB:Akin Ayodele
OLB:Greg Ellis (Anthony Spencer will compete)
FS:Pat Watkins
SS:Roy Williams
Nickel corner:Aaron Glenn(will give way to Quincy Butler or Courtney Brown mid-way through the season)
PR:Isaiah Stanbach
KR:Miles Austin(Tyson Thompson will compete)
K:Nick Folk(3 inches and 50 lbs on the other 2 kickers, damn hes big!!)
mat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mat - just an fyi...Free will likely be heading the future LT position. Depending on how McQ's TC goes...if he can't outplay Free he'll be moving inside. Marten is our swing tackle now...with the versatility to start inside if needed.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat33 View Post

DE:Marcus Spears
DE:Chris Canty(Hatcher will compete)

Canty >>>>>>>>>>>>> Spears.........
Old 04-29-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
Canty >>>>>>>>>>>>> Spears.........
This is true.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
no way a seventh round pick starts as nickel corner. It will be Glenn
Exactly... his measurables may look nice but, realisticly he was a 7th rounder... there is no gurantee he even makes the team.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
mat33
Rookie

mat33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that in an attacking scheme Spears will absolutly flourish and become the star on the d-line.
mat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanback will probably be our PR given his foot is healed.

Obviously Glenn will play the nickel.

We may have to keep 6 Wr this year...Owens, Glenn, Crayton, Hurd, Austin, Stanback.

I'm not so sure Ellis will be healthy....he'll probably be playing but, dont expect the player we had last season, in most cases it takes 2 years for that injury to fully heal and thats for a younger player.... Ellis is not a guarantee.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are scary good.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My personal depth chart:

QB: Tony Romo - Brad Johnson
RB: Julius Jones - Marion Barber - Tyson Thompson
FB: Deon Anderson - Oliver Hoyte
TE: Jason Witten - Anthony Fasano - ?
SE: Terrell Owens - Miles Austin - Patrick Crayton
FL: Terry Glenn - Isaiah Stanback - Sam Hurd
SLOT: Patrick Crayton - Sam Hurd
LT: Flozell Adams - Doug Free
LG: Kyle Kosier Corey Proctor
C: Andre Gurode - ?
RG: Leonard Davis - Corey Proctor
RT: Marc Colombo - James Marten

LE: Marcus Spears - Jason Hatcher - Jay Ratliff
NT: Jason Ferguson - Jay Ratliff - Stephen Bowen
RE: Chris Canty - Jay Ratliff - Stephen Bowen
WOLB: Demarcus Ware - Kevin Burnett
WILB: Akin Ayodele - Bradie James - Oliver Hoyte
SILB: Bobby Carpenter - Bradie James
SOLB: Anthony Spencer - Greg Ellis - Bobby Carpenter
RCB: Terence Newman - Aaron Glenn - Courtney Brown
LCB: Anthony Henry - Aaron Glenn - Jacques Reeves
NB: Aaron Glenn - Courtney Brown - Jacques Reeves
FS: Ken Hamlin - Pat Watkins
SS: Roy Williams - Keith Davis

K: Nick Folk
P: Mat McBriar
LS: LP Ladoucer
KR: Miles Austin - Tyson Thompson
PR: Isaiah Stanback - Patrick Crayton - Terence Newman

Imo, McQuistan will be on practice squad, I don't think we'll carry 5 OT. One of Sam Hurd or Miles Austin will be on practice squad too, I think this one is gonna be Hurd, Austin has more potential.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Modano

If McQ can't make the team...I think he'll be moved inside to battle it out with Procter...not sure how many people caught that.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-30-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else on our O-line have experience at C? Kosier?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

OMG, you guys are absolutely going nuts ...

1) Stanback is not playing WR. If he is being "transitioned" then maybe special teams.

2) Miles Austin is heads and tails better than Stanbeck at WR or even KR.

3) Crayton and Hurd or identical. Slow but adequate slot receivers. Not sure why people think we have much depth at WR.

4) Deon Anderson won't even make the team. Maybe 1 of the 2 7th round corners.

5) Spencer will be used like Mark Anderson and WILL NOT START. I can see Ellis and Burnett taking most of the snaps moving around with Ware.

6) Carpenter may finally be moved inside though.

7) Nick Folk will need to beat out Gramatica or will not make the team.

8) Elam will beat out Davis. Questionable if Hamlin + Roy can cover a ham sandwhich. WE HAVE HORRID SAFETIES and will lose a few games because of this.

9) Neither Free nor Marten will beat out McQuistan. McQuistan is as good an athlete as either and has 1 year on the pups.

10) Glen is our Nickel. If you think Brown and Stick Man are beating out Jacque Reeves and Nate Jones you are smoking dope. The Dime and Quarter CBs will stay there unless we get injuries.

The starting line up is UNCHANGED other than the FA. Not one rookie will contribute in any meaningful way outside of MAYBE Spencer assuming he can outplay Burnett and Ellis (good luck Rook).
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
mat - just an fyi...Free will likely be heading the future LT position. Depending on how McQ's TC goes...if he can't outplay Free he'll be moving inside. Marten is our swing tackle now...with the versatility to start inside if needed.

McQuistan is as much an athlete as Free or Marten. He also has 1 year in the program. I love the two T picks but they will need to sit, lift weights and learn.

Regardless, I like the three guys we have drafted over the last 2 drafts at Tackle. Big White Dudes, Not too Early, Need the Money, Should work hard.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
McQuistan is as much an athlete as Free or Marten. He also has 1 year in the program. I love the two T picks but they will need to sit, lift weights and learn.

Regardless, I like the three guys we have drafted over the last 2 drafts at Tackle. Big White Dudes, Not too Early, Need the Money, Should work hard.
Jerry said in the post draft press conference that McQ was likely to move inside...so I was just providing the information.

Designs by me
Quote:
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Procter would be the projected 2nd center on the depth chart to the best of my knowledge.

Designs by me
Quote:
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:

1) Stanback is not playing WR. If he is being "transitioned" then maybe special teams.

3) Crayton and Hurd or identical. Slow but adequate slot receivers. Not sure why people think we have much depth at WR.

5) Spencer will be used like Mark Anderson and WILL NOT START. I can see Ellis and Burnett taking most of the snaps moving around with Ware.

8) Elam will beat out Davis. Questionable if Hamlin + Roy can cover a ham sandwhich. WE HAVE HORRID SAFETIES and will lose a few games because of this.

9) Neither Free nor Marten will beat out McQuistan. McQuistan is as good an athlete as either and has 1 year on the pups.

10) Glen is our Nickel. If you think Brown and Stick Man are beating out Jacque Reeves and Nate Jones you are smoking dope. The Dime and Quarter CBs will stay there unless we get injuries.

The starting line up is UNCHANGED other than the FA. Not one rookie will contribute in any meaningful way outside of MAYBE Spencer assuming he can outplay Burnett and Ellis (good luck Rook).
How are you so sure of this?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

How can you say Deon anderson won't make the team...is it because we are talking about moving hoyte back to defense...or that we waited forever to tender Polite....please...Anderson has the best chance of the three to make the team. With the reports on Hoyte...I think your the one smoking.

Another report you must have missed...is Ellis is reported to take a lesser role because of the addition of Spencer. I'm not one to say he will start...but he will be playing about 50% of the snaps. that is per kffl

I'm also pretty sure that our FO came out and said Folk would be our KOS and our pinch Punter...and will have a chance to win the kicking job as well...don't see where your basis comes in on him having to win the kicking job to make the team.

McQ will be moved inside per Jerry at the press conference...but once again...post opinionated comments...after all those are the easiest.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-30-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Modano

If McQ can't make the team...I think he'll be moved inside to battle it out with Procter...not sure how many people caught that.
I've said that because last year the coaching staff seemed so high on Petitti and then he got cut. Maybe Proctor will back up Gurode and McQuistan will be the third guard on roster?

robert, Jerry said that Stanback will play WR. He played the position his first year at Washington and in high school.
And yes, I think Spencer will start. Ellis is coming off a MAJOR injury and he's like 32. If Spencer won't start day 1, he will be starter down the road, like Merriman was for the Chargers.

And Hamlin in 2005 was one of the best cover safeties, with a good pass rush I think he will be a valuable FS.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
You do know we drafted Isaiah Stanback to be the PR/KR. The guys runs a 4.3 Forthy!!! And 10 bucks says Miles Austin doesn't make the team....
ESPN said he runds alittle over a 4.5. He NEVER ran a 4.3 fourty.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
A guy they just resigned last week, Joe Berger, is listed as a G/C.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote