Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-30-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a side note, I know this is unrelated, but just think about this.

Lots of people kept saying that Quinn had plenty of talent with him at ND, some even had the gaul to say it was near equal to Russell's talent.

Russell had 2 WRs go in the first round.

Quinn had both his WRs go undrafted (Shark would be a bust anyway), and his RB went undrafted.

Food for thought. Lots of teams are gonna regret the day they passed on Quinn, I guarantee it.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno if Shark would have been a bust, but the point is worth nothing anyway.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
On a side note, I know this is unrelated, but just think about this.

Lots of people kept saying that Quinn had plenty of talent with him at ND, some even had the gaul to say it was near equal to Russell's talent.

Russell had 2 WRs go in the first round.

Quinn had both his WRs go undrafted (Shark would be a bust anyway), and his RB went undrafted.

Food for thought. Lots of teams are gonna regret the day they passed on Quinn, I guarantee it.
Not a bad thought, but the Notre Dame running game was much better and I give an edge to their line as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Any more news of UDFAs?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Any more news of UDFAs?
Was Gabe Hall mentioned? Too lazy to check. He is a nice pass protector from Texas Tech, many think he'll be a G though.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-30-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Was Gabe Hall mentioned? Too lazy to check. He is a nice pass protector from Texas Tech, many think he'll be a G though.
Yeah right now we only know three. More should come out today seeing that we probably will sign 12-16.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

http://www.draftdaddy.com/features/2007_NFC_UDFA.cfm

We are right at the top. How convenient.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im surprised Cleveland didnt pick up Rhema McKnight. Having a WR who Quinn is comfortable throwing to would probably help him in TC.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
BigBlue58KiperIII
Rookie

BigBlue58KiperIII hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'll throw a name into the mix at running back, a guy who I have personally seen play at the University of Connecticut.

The guy got benched because of a rising star in Donald Brown, but I really like that guy. Good character, has a balance of speed and power.

Terry Caulley.
No question Forenci, Caulley has NFl ability the only reason he wasnt on more radars was because of his injury history and lack of size. But he is definitely a playmaker, he has the speed and shiftiness to make plays. I go to UConn so I'm a little biased, but i saw him play personally at all the home games and you're right, Donald Brown is a stud and if we had a passing game here he would be even better. If we hadnt drafted Boss, TE Dan Murray from here was someone i wanted, who had injuries hold him back this season. I wanted us to draft Deon Anderson to replace Finn but Dallas did a good job snatching him up. I also cant believe we took Bradshaw over Darius Walker, so what if the guy isnt a blazer, he does everything well and is very versatile.
2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title
BigBlue58KiperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, any big name UDFA you think we should still go after? After looking at that list, I cannot think of any, but it doesn't mean they aren't around of course.

I didn't see Kenny Scott on there. Or did I miss him? What about Bain, from Hampton?

Last edited by Forenci : 04-30-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
culloden1745
Rookie

culloden1745 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue58KiperIII View Post
No question Forenci, Caulley has NFl ability the only reason he wasnt on more radars was because of his injury history and lack of size. But he is definitely a playmaker, he has the speed and shiftiness to make plays. I go to UConn so I'm a little biased, but i saw him play personally at all the home games and you're right, Donald Brown is a stud and if we had a passing game here he would be even better. If we hadnt drafted Boss, TE Dan Murray from here was someone i wanted, who had injuries hold him back this season. I wanted us to draft Deon Anderson to replace Finn but Dallas did a good job snatching him up. I also cant believe we took Bradshaw over Darius Walker, so what if the guy isnt a blazer, he does everything well and is very versatile.
Caulley reminds me of Wolfe in some ways...but injuries held him back, Hes around the same size and a bit more of a burst.
culloden1745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants | Gunn agrees to deal
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:11:37 -0700

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants have agreed to a deal with undrafted free-agent DE Marquis Gunn (Auburn).
Old 04-30-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Earl Everett would be nice

Roderick Rogers at FS

Cory Anderson at FB

Tim Duckworth at G
I like all of them, but Darius Walker should've been our last 7th round pick, I think he might be better than Bradshaw because he is good in the passing game and understands a pro style offense. He is also smart, he got a degree and is only a junior. Gijon Robinson, originally a TE, could be great as an H-Back because he is a great blocker and can catch some passes. John Talley, Travaris Bain, and Kenny Scott Should be looked at as well. S Jessie Daniels and K Andrew Wellock should be looked at as well.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, meekins signed with indy, and stapleton went to the steelers, who also drafted stephenson. and clark harris was drafted by green bay.

this makes me sad, no new rutgers guys :( all we have is O'hara- hey lets give ray lucas a call!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the giants may have signed brandon myles

http://ncaafootball.aolsportsblog.co...he-2007-draft/
Old 04-30-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
the giants may have signed brandon myles

http://ncaafootball.aolsportsblog.co...he-2007-draft/
It's only rumored, but if true, I would be EXTREMELY happy if we did.

I was hoping we'd pick him in the fourth round if we didn't go receiver on Day One.

I love him, and if makes the roster, we'd be able to have a real threat in the red zone.

Imagine it, three wide set with Burress, Toomer, Myles and then have Boss and Shockey lined up at Tight End.

Wow. So much height and speed. That'd be a hell of a red zone package/formation.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Myles would have to have a very good camp to make the roster
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 05-01-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Profound

Quote:
Myles would have to have a very good camp to make the roster
I hope he does. I really think he was underrated and trapped in an unfortunate situation with incredable runners at WVU. The kids got talent and I'm glad he'll at the very least get a chance to show it to OUR staff as opposed to another.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

http://www.draftdaddy.com/floodlist.cfm

Gabe Hall, OT, Texas Tech
Craig Dahl, S, North Dakota State
Brandon London, WR, Massachusetts
Joel Clinger, OL, Missouri
Marquies Gunn, DE, Auburn
Justin Jones, OL, Central Arkansas
Stefan Logan, RB, South Dakota
Marco Thomas, WR, Western Illinois
Brandon Myles, WR, West Virginia
Mike Berg, DT, Harvard
Travonti Johnson, DB, Central Florida)
Ryan Keenan, DB, Northwestern
Michael Matthews, TE, Georgia Tech
Old 05-01-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:

Mike Berg, DT, Harvard
Hmm. Haven't heard of too many of those guys. Anyone got some more detail on them? Heh, someone from Harvard. Do you think DeOssie being a Brown guy and Berg being the Harvard guy will tussle? Hah!

By the way Ricky, love the current sig.

Anyone who thinks a Mac is supeior to Windows or Linux needs to see a shrink. Sorry, but true...
Old 05-01-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Kyle Young will tryout with the Redskins, I hate them, but they did well in UDFA this year
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
BigBlue58KiperIII
Rookie

BigBlue58KiperIII hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hmm John Talley, good name to be brought up, has he signed anywhere yet? I like the guy, he was on a terrible team but he is a good corner. I saw him play against BC and he is better than people give him credit for because of Duke, I'd like to give him a llook
2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title
BigBlue58KiperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:46 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talley went to Washington, Bain went to Arizona, does anyone know where Kenny Scott went?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:

Mike Berg, DT, Harvard
Ryan Berg is only 6'2" 250 lbs I believe and will be trying to make this team as a FB and not DT.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Looks like Kyle Young will tryout with the Redskins, I hate them, but they did well in UDFA this year
They probly gave him a 7 year-$53 million contract
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED