Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-29-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default UDFA's

If anyone finds out some UDFA's the Vikings sign could you please write it in here?
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed RB Arkee Whitlock and TE Braden Jones from Southern Illinois.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lol, oops.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Vikings agreed to terms with 16 rookie free agents Sunday, vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman said, but will not release the names until each player signs his contract.

However, two players who were known to have agreed with the Vikings are Texas Tech punter Alex Reyes and Colorado offensive lineman Brian Daniels....In addition to 16 free agents, the Vikings also plan to bring in another 15 to 20 players to Winter Park for tryouts during this weekend's minicamp. According to Spielman, the Vikings want a total of about 45 players for the four-practice event so they can go two-deep at every position.
- http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1152331.html

I hope we can Sign Tim Duckworth
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:01 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have to agree with Duckworth. Would be a good pickup. Any OL help would be good right about now. If Childress honestly doesnt think we have a problem on that right side he should just be fired now because either his eyes or brain arent working.

I actually wouldnt mind us getting Jared Zabransky in. He cant be any worse than Henson and has more potential than Bollinger. Depends what we are actually thinking with Thigpen obviously, who other than having what may be the coolest name in the draft, I know nothing about.

Mostly just want OL talent in here.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
chug o nomics
Rookie

chug o nomics hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oh please, Jared Zabransky's name is 10 times cooler than Thigpen's...

I also agree that we need to sign Duckworth.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
brad-31

Dan Mozes, a 6-foot-2, 293-pound center who was a unanimous All-America selection and Rimington Award winner last season, declined an interview request.
Mozes was "leaning toward" a deal with the Minnesota Vikings, who didn't draft any offensive linemen, according to his mother.

Charleston Daily Mail
Old 04-30-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vikings.scout.com said we have signed 16 UDFA's.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia
I actually wouldnt mind us getting Jared Zabransky in. He cant be any worse than Henson and has more potential than Bollinger.
Zabransky signed with the texans today
Old 04-30-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

and about Childress not working on the right side Cook is still young he has confidence in him i dont know about Hicks dont like him maybe Marcus Johnson gets his act together but if they dont the draft next year will be very good for Offensive linemen. where as this year was pretty mediocre
Old 04-30-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings | C. Johnson signs with team
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:25:13 -0700

The Wyoming Tribune-Eagle reports University of Wyoming OT Chase Johnson has signed a rookie free-agent contract with the Minnesota Vikings.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vikings | Gilliam signs with team
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:11:36 -0700

Scott Keepfer, of The Greenville News, reports Clemson CB Sergio Gilliam has signed a rookie free-agent contract with the Minnesota Vikings.
Vikings | J. Day signs with team
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:46:30 -0700

Tony Phifer, of The Coloradoan, reports Colorado State OT Josh Day has signed a rookie free-agent contract with the Minnesota Vikings.
Vikings | Burnett signs with team
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:42:55 -0700

Greg Auman, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports South Florida S Jeremy Burnett has signed a rookie free-agent contract with the Minnesota Vikings.
Vikings | Daniels signed
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:32:32 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have signed undrafted free-agent OL Brian Daniels.
Vikings | Reyes signed
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:29:11 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have signed undrafted free-agent P Alex Reyes.
all from KFFL.com

Old 05-01-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see plenty of OL names in there. At least he realises there is a problem. Anyone know anything about any of them?

Quote:
and about Childress not working on the right side Cook is still young he has confidence in him i dont know about Hicks dont like him maybe Marcus Johnson gets his act together but if they dont the draft next year will be very good for Offensive linemen. where as this year was pretty mediocre
This is the problem. Not fixing a problem because you tried and failed the year before is an awful reason not to fix the problem.

Think of it this way. You put tape over a leak in a pipe, the water caused the tape not to stick, so instead of getting better tape, you just put the same piece of worn out tape back over it. End result, the water keeps eating away rusting the rest of the pipe and collapsing the wall of the house. Costing you 100 times what that new piece of tape would have.

I hate the idea that "we made a mistake last year so we will just ignore that position" seems to be accepted as an adequate excuse around here. Should the lines have not taken CJ because they ****** up with WR in the past? Hell no!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how can you even think of saying one season from a player, when he was switching freaking positions, is a failure?! what a freaking JOKE! Cook has excellent footwork and good quickness. His issue was trying to learn the mechanics and technique and getting up off the snap quicker, as he spent majority of his career snapping the ball, he didnt have to time and react with the snap like he does at RT, and him getting off just a little bit later, got him out of position against some of the quicker DEs and his not so great technique didnt help.

Give Cook AT LEAST this year before proclaiming him a failure, I think Cook will be solid this year at RT, which in turn will help out Hick at RG.

again, as its been said, next years class of olinemen is going to be exceptional, let cook develop for another year, see if he can handle it, and if he gets better and looks decent we wont have to go for a OT, but id definitely look at OG next draft.
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
how can you even think of saying one season from a player, when he was switching freaking positions, is a failure?! what a freaking JOKE! Cook has excellent footwork and good quickness. His issue was trying to learn the mechanics and technique and getting up off the snap quicker, as he spent majority of his career snapping the ball, he didnt have to time and react with the snap like he does at RT, and him getting off just a little bit later, got him out of position against some of the quicker DEs and his not so great technique didnt help.

Give Cook AT LEAST this year before proclaiming him a failure, I think Cook will be solid this year at RT, which in turn will help out Hick at RG.

again, as its been said, next years class of olinemen is going to be exceptional, let cook develop for another year, see if he can handle it, and if he gets better and looks decent we wont have to go for a OT, but id definitely look at OG next draft.
First off, I highly doubt your qualified to give such a statement.
Second Cook's strength was that of a butterball turkey.
AND his feet were horrible. The kid was slow as hell. Was that due to him switching positions ? I'd say a portion of that could be. But I've saw him at training camp as well as his 4 games and don't see any explosiveness in dropping back into position. He moves his feet the way old people drive.
Can that be fixed ? I guess we're going to find out. Because and that Woog guy on here said it best, we didn't address the problem so Ryan "leaky pipe tape" Cook is going to get another shot at it.

The definition of insanity is : Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Insanity is the Viking way.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
AND his feet were horrible.
I've been reading your arguements on this forum for a while now. You constantly belittle anyone who does not think the same way that you do, often referring to them as "kids", "morons", or "idiots", etc.

Just asking as a curious party: What makes you "qualified" to make any of the statements that you have spewed on and on about?

I just see a lot of irony in the way that you complain about people on this site and still go on like you are the one and only expert on every topic...

are you really Denny Green???? or maybe Bud Grant?????? hell, i would even understand if you said that you were really Sid Hartman.

I'm not necessarily arguing about the content of what you are saying, just wondering why you are so smart and everyone else is so dumb?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

Quote:
AND his feet were horrible. The kid was slow as hell. Was that due to him switching positions ? I'd say a portion of that could be. But I've saw him at training camp as well as his 4 games and don't see any explosiveness in dropping back into position. He moves his feet the way old people drive.
Can that be fixed ? I guess we're going to find out. Because and that Woog guy on here said it best, we didn't address the problem so Ryan "leaky pipe tape" Cook is going to get another shot at it.

The definition of insanity is : Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Insanity is the Viking way.

ohh yeah, whoops i forgot, we have the almighty, "im always right no matter what" severe on hands, what he says goes! i guess thats the end of the conversation, severe is always right and always knows what hes talking about...

you are a tard man, straight up and its actually going from absolutely laugh my ass off every time i read of your posts to my god i feel sorry for the human race that you are actually this stupid
Old 05-01-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

on the cook front, his feet werent that bad, were they great no? but just because you absolutely hate someone doesnt mean that whatever you say about them is true. The biggest issue cook had last season was not the quickness of his feet, but his ability to get off the snap. Watching him play, he was almost always our last olinemen up, and against quicker DE's thats an issue because they usually do a great job of getting a jump.

maybe instead of watching with pure and utter blind hatred, you should open your eyes and actually look for small subtleties in a players game rather than just see him get beat and say god i hate him repeatedly then spew off a load of ******** while simultaneously spewing off your own load because you hate a player so much
Old 05-01-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I think Wog and everyone is making too big of a deal of us not adressing the right side... you ever stop to think that the options out there werent that great in the first place?? ... i mean really who out there was going to come in and fix this situation? Eric Steinbach, leonard davis maybe but they were both asking for unholy amount of money which neither are really worth, besides them two the options werent very good other than maybe levi brown which would agian cost a lot of money.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

We signed DT Joe Anoai (Georgia Tech), MLB George Hall (Purdue) , & DB Chad Johnson (Northwestern State)

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 05-01-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
DB Chad Johnson (Northwestern State)
Only a man with the same name can stop 85.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

It's like some trumpet was played and the ignorant Viking faithful answered the call.

We'll see how many of you are in here, when the NFL playoffs start, and when the Vikings will have gone 5-11 and have a top 5 pick.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's like some trumpet was played and the ignorant Viking faithful answered the call.

We'll see how many of you are in here, when the NFL playoffs start, and when the Vikings will have gone 5-11 and have a top 5 pick.
The only reason this thread was made was to discuss any UDFAs we pick up. It's nothing more.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:

you really think that we cant beat detroit(twice), the radiers, KC(rebuild mode o-line a mess, defense a mess too), the falcons(Vick can't pass, and when the Williams bro's shut down the run game they wont know what to do), Green bay once(last year was a fluke)... thats 6 right there that im damn sure we can win and i think we have a good chance against the Redskins, the 49ers, The bears(we got rex's #), and the giants(eli sux, and bad team chemistry all around they will disapoint)
Old 05-02-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
you really think that we cant beat detroit(twice), the radiers, KC(rebuild mode o-line a mess, defense a mess too), the falcons(Vick can't pass, and when the Williams bro's shut down the run game they wont know what to do), Green bay once(last year was a fluke)... thats 6 right there that im damn sure we can win and i think we have a good chance against the Redskins, the 49ers, The bears(we got rex's #), and the giants(eli sux, and bad team chemistry all around they will disapoint)
How many times will Our offense go three and out?
How many times will chester taylor fumble while the team is trying to hang on to the 1 td our defense scored.
How many times will there defense out score our offense?
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Please tell me how we got better from a starting standpoint on either side of the ball ?

Plus the schedule is tougher this year.
We lose at least 1 to the Lions, Packers and Bears. At best in the division
we win 3...I see 2 wins outside of that and if Jamarcus Russell is ready to dominate it could very easily be 1.