Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-30-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cowboys Pass Defense

If the Cowboys pass defense is not rated in the top 10 in the NFL next year, I will personally call this draft a failure. No ifs ands or buts.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

I agree. With the players we have in the secondary, and the pass rush we are going to generate, we should own. We should be in the top 5 in the league in INT's as well.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, I at least I have something to hold you guys accountable for.

I don't believe the prediction for a minute unless Roy Williams overcomes his coverage problems by playing at 215lbs and Hamlin plays around 200 and focuses purely on coverage.

I hope we are number 1. O and D.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. (op) I'm excited to see what kind of pass rush we'll have. I'm glad we went with Spencer, because I think it addressed 2 needs with one pick. If he turns out to be a sack artist, then that alone should greatly improve our overall DB play. Hamlin and Roy will be scary if allowed to roam free. Newman's shutdown skills will be more apparent, and Henry won't need to worry about getting beat deep as much. He can play more physical, which is his strength. Love the Spencer pick. Makes a ton of sense. No excuses for Wade if he can't bring some major heat with the personnel we have at LB. So yeah, if our pass defense isn't excellent, I'll be highly disappointed.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

LSU, I know you were in favor of secondary help, so i'm curious to know what your strategy would have been this weekend? ie who you would had picked instead, if you liked the Quinn deal etc.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think given their talent level, that is a reasonable expectation.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forget the pass defense ranking. I want W's!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
If the Cowboys pass defense is not rated in the top 10 in the NFL next year, I will personally call this draft a failure. No ifs ands or buts.
Alright I'm going to bring up the "ifs, ands or buts" here. Hypothetically, let's say that our pass def is ranked 15th, but Spencer gets 15 sacks and DROY, Nick Folk goes 24/25 FGA, Anderson plays like the second coming of Lorenzo Neal, Courtney Brown shows flashes of being a stud and we go 12-4. By your comments, that would be an unsuccessful draft?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jdnoyes,

I would have traded down at 22, I don't have a problem with that. I liked the Quinn deal. But, I would have stayed at 36 and taken Weddle or Houston. I don't hate Spencer, I just think that trading down for a SECOND time in the second round was getting too cute and I wouldn't have traded the 36th pick to move up to 26. I would have either traded different picks or not moved up. If we could have gotten Houston I'd have been extatic. I even would have loved the Eric Wright pick at 53, but we moved down again.

I don't like the draft as a whole, I don't really like any one player. Free is probably the best draft pick we made in my mind and even that is a 'so so' pick with McQuistan on the roster.

Paul,

To answer your question, if we're #15 pass defense and Spencer has 15 sacks and is DROY that almost assuredly means that my supposition that we needed DB's as priority number 1 is true. If you have Spencer and Ware and you still rank less than top 10 it means your secondary is just HORRID.

I know that you were playing Devil's Advocate with your scenario but in my mind it just simply solidifies the supposition that DB's are our problem. Even if Folk plays like that and Anderson plays like Neal, we'll still have a glaring weakness in our team.

Again, if you have holes in your team, and you do not address them when the players you could have addressed them with are there, I consider it a failed draft.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a major bonus about making that second trade that will have much bigger ramifications that anything else was the fact that with that trade the Eagles ended up taking KEVIN KOLB!

Seriously, they wouldn't have taken him in any other scenario. Kolb as the future of the Eagles makes me extremely happy!!! :D

...and I'll say Spencer > Houston > Weddle
Old 04-30-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Dcboys94

we will be the # 4 O, and the #1 D, those are my predictions. we need a stud at RB then we'd definately be the #1 O, with our 2 back system we wont get 1 but close...thats why we get Mcfadden next year.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell is everybody giving us McFadden?! Like I said It's only April, who says Julius won't have monster year? Jesus, alteast wait until November before you start masturbating to McFadden.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

I don't care if we are 32nd in both if we at least win a playoff game i'll be happy.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes View Post
I don't care if we are 32nd in both if we at least win a playoff game i'll be happy.
I'm with you there. Alls I want is consistent progress.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

LSU, Spencer can take a dump on Houston and Weddle's chest. Are you a former DB? Becuase you sure as hell love them.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
jdnoyes,

I would have traded down at 22, I don't have a problem with that. I liked the Quinn deal. But, I would have stayed at 36 and taken Weddle or Houston. I don't hate Spencer, I just think that trading down for a SECOND time in the second round was getting too cute and I wouldn't have traded the 36th pick to move up to 26. I would have either traded different picks or not moved up. If we could have gotten Houston I'd have been extatic. I even would have loved the Eric Wright pick at 53, but we moved down again.

I don't like the draft as a whole, I don't really like any one player. Free is probably the best draft pick we made in my mind and even that is a 'so so' pick with McQuistan on the roster.
I could have definately handled not doing the second trade down and taken Wright there, I think he could be the best CB in this class, but I just think the character concerns scared them off, but I don't think they should have. Like Savage said if you can stay clean in Vegas, you can stay clean anywhere.

He was the only CB worthy of being selected in that spot though, so I definately see your point. I think Jerry tends to get too cute at times, and the chance to get the high 4th round pick was huge in his eyes. Of course that pick became Stanback, a pick I really didn't like and still don't. I would have definately been happy with Wright instead of Marten and Stanback.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
LSU, Spencer can take a dump on Houston and Weddle's chest. Are you a former DB? Becuase you sure as hell love them.
Interesting way to put it.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Isn't it???
Old 04-30-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

I was really hoping Weddle would have made it to 53, but I shoulda known better, he's the type of guy NFL teams fall in love with. I promise you they would've made that pick had he been there.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Why the hell is everybody giving us McFadden?! Like I said It's only April, who says Julius won't have monster year? Jesus, alteast wait until November before you start masturbating to McFadden.
Yeah, I agree. But I think a lot of the talk you see around here is based on the assumption that Jerry is the one with a McFadden highlight tape and a bottle of lube. Just seems like a distinct possibility. All things considered. I mean, we don't know what will happen at any position, so talking about RB is just as pointless as anything else. It just appears that we could be close to parting ways with JJ, and the whole McFadden idea is the most obvious scenario right now. But yeah, any talk right now about next years draft is beyond premature. Still fun to speculate from time to time though. That's essentially what this forum is based on. Without speculation, Scott would need another day job.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Stewart's time speed is 4.34 on a HAND WATCH .... which is usually a little slower. The 4.5 was an estimate coming out of high school -- not even a real number.

Love all of them next year be happy with one them (Slaton, McFadden or Stewart)
Old 04-30-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Dude, that 4.34 is from wikipedia. I never believe wikipedia. I could go write McFadden runs a 1.5 40 right now. To be honest, Stewart looks more like a 4.5 to me. McFadden is definitly 4.3 on the field.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

Might as stop arguing about who is faster, you'll know in about 11 months at the 2008 combine.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

No, they won't run, because they will both be top 10 picks. If I were the NFL, I would make the players run. If they are so good, what do they have to hide? Unless they are injuried, and I would have the NFL take their own X-Rays, to be sure.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Point taken - Slaton, McFadden and Stewart are all real fast. Let us move on. Will enjoy CFB 2007.