Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-30-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best Player Offense/Defense

Who do u guys see being our best player on offense and defense this year? u could say our Offensive MVP and our Defensive MVP.

I'll say Thomas Jones on offense and Kerry Rhodes on defense.

Jones will bring us some tough yards, a few nice long gains, and a guy who can catch out of the backfield (although they might use Washington more for that). he will overall be a very valuable and hopefully durable player for us this year.

Kerry Rhodes took that next step last year and made more than his share of impact plays, whether it be an int, or a FF, he was a pro-bowl performer if the pro-bowl actually meant something. He shows emotion and has the range to cover the field against the pass and the run.

It's up to debate. who u guys think. How about Justin McCariens (HAHAHA)

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think jerricho cotchery is going to emerge as our offensive MVP. I would love jones to put out 1200 to 1500 yards. but i feel the threat of him and having coles drawing the double teams is going to allow cotchery to be in the 1300 yard range this year.

on defense...the odds our on rhodes as you said. he is on his way to being a top level safety and in 2 years could be in consideration as the top safety in the nfl. This year i think vilma is going to grasp the 34 better though and having harris next to him. I think vilma is going to have a monster year. maybe his best in the nfl yet.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
I think vilma is going to have a monster year. maybe his best in the nfl yet.
nothing would make me happier

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

I'm gonna go with D'Brick as our offensive MVP as he learns in his 2nd year in the league. And for defensive MVP I'll say Vilma I guess.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Vilma the Animal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Offensive MVP: Lavernius, makes all the tough catches and does everything thats asked of him. This year may be one of his last though. :-(

Defensive MVP: Hmm, Kerrys a star but I'm really hoping Vilma will adjust to the 3-4. If he does, he'd be my favorite for a amazing year and Defensive MVP. I think Bryan Thomas will also have a great year, since 3-4 OLBs are the ones that get the stats that stick out and I think hell have a lot of sacks. (I think the 9-12 range is definately very realistic if he plays all 16 games.)

DChess...youre the man!
Vilma the Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm gonna go out on a limb for both...

Offense: I'm going to say Penningtion...I really think with a legitimate running game/threat, Chad's best asset (the playaction) will be better utilized and his TD/INT ratio will get back to normal if not better. He'll utilize the Baker more B Smith will have another year at WR Chansi Stuckey will provide good speed and LC and JC (enough said) IMO Chad will throw for 23-27 TD (career highs) and 7-10 INTs 65%+ Comp % and make it to his first Pro Bowl.

Defense: I think our Defensive MVP will be D-Rob. NT is a huge position in the 3-4 he constantly improved throughout last year and I think that will translate to this year. With Kris Jenkins (a great NT) on the market the fact that the Jets haven't made one offer or showed ther slightest interest tells me the team feels comfortable in Robertson. He'll take on double teams, keep his LBs clean and Vilma and Harris will both have a great year in our D because of D-robs production. There will also be a lot more sacks from our D-Line which will represent good play by D-Rob and improved DEs.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

carolina doesnt run a 34
Old 05-05-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
carolina doesnt run a 34
That's not really the point now is it?
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thomas Jones and David Harris.

I'm taking a flier on Harris, but Rookie LB's that start right away and are run stoppers tend to have great seasons, and a team's standout defensive player from one year is rarely the very best the next year as well.

Jone is the obvious choice, IMO.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kris Jenkins has the size to play in a 34 and the speed to play in a 43. Hes 6'3'' 350 and almost always commands a double team which would keep the LBs clean (if peppers wasnt there he would every down) now how is that any different from what a 34 NT is supposed to do? this is an excerpt of his scouting report from ESPN grade 92 (elite player)

"He has a very thick, wide body and he can eat up space with the best of them. He has a massive, very strong lower body and exceptional upper-body strength. He gets off the ball low and with power. He has very powerful hands and is quick to shed. He had outstanding movement skills for his size when healthy. He was equally adept at shooting gaps or tying up multiple blockers. He ran well and wasn't confined to a phone booth. He could close on the ball with burst and was an explosive tackler. His lateral quickness and change-of-direction ability were well above-average for the position. He has a variety of pass-rush moves, including a quick swim and a powerful rip. He can knock back almost any interior offensive lineman with his bull rush. "

Even though he plays in a 43 it doesnt mean he cant play NT. what is a 34 NT supposed to do that Jenkins isn't capable of doing excellently? And if anyone said Alan Branch could be a NT for the Jets then you would have to easily conceed this arguement. Jenkins is one of the best DT's in the league and has the size for our system. I think Mangini wants to mold D-Rob and I think the improvement and lack of action in this offseason to this point says D-Rob is the Jets' guy and I would look for more from him this year, and I think it will be a lot more personally. If not then after this season I doubt they will endorse him as much as they have this offseason.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Last edited by hcbrad08 : 05-05-2007 at 09:48 PM.
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:42 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

i dont really want to turn this into a jenkins discussion...but i was just pointing out he has actually never played nt. i dont take the jets not pursueing jenkins as a sign of confidence in robertson. i dont think they would want 2 high priced DT on the team with the chance neither is a good NT.

im not argueing that jenkins would be a bad nt...just hes never been one.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

last thing u want is a high priced DT who is overweight and injury prone.........pretty much the worst combination ever. Unless we're playing the Oakland Raiders i would be worried about his effort. and against oakland u'd have to put him on the OLine so he could knock Sapp a few times just to make him happy

Quote:
Old 05-13-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

Offensive: Chad. It's do or die time for the big P. Thomas Jones finally opens up the run game and can buy a little more time in the pocket. Cotcherry is just entering his prime and Laverneus will once again give all he has got in him. I really think that Chad will either break out this year, or flunk again. If not Chad, then definately the O-Line. We are going to be quick and strong this year and we are really going to help the offensive tremendous amounts.

Defensive: I do hope Vilma so that David Harris can compliment him. If not Vilma, Bryan Thomas. I think he finally found the right system for him and can show once again why he was a first round talent. I'm expecting big numbers considering he is all we got at the outside rush. So I'm hoping vilma but pulling with thomas.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote