Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-30-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.
Default Isaiah Stanback

According to Bill Jones, Jerry Jones said Stanback can be a #1 or #2 WR down the line. I am loving this pick more and more. He is a playmaker.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

And for the people that don't know(I said it a few times), Stanbeck runs a 4.3 not a 4.5 Forthy................
Old 04-30-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jerry went overboard. I see him as a good #3
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

I know Killersanta, he is a 4.3 guy, for those you think he is a 4.5 guy. And look at look at his moves. He is also one of the best athletes in the draft.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
According to Bill Jones, Jerry Jones said Stanback can be a #1 or #2 WR down the line. I am loving this pick more and more. He is a playmaker.
what is your point? Every owner is going to say every draft pick can be a starter.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Dcboys94

he will likely compete in 2 years, should be a good #2.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have one hella fast Holder! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He'll be lucky to make it on the team much less being a Starter in a couple of years.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
He'll be lucky to make it on the team much less being a Starter in a couple of years.
He could be the starting KR/PR. However, he has to show value at WR to be able to stick with the team. The odds are definately against him being a staple with the team for the long haul.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
And for the people that don't know(I said it a few times), Stanbeck runs a 4.3 not a 4.5 Forthy................
The thing that should impress you is his 100 meters time. 10.48 without focalizing his training on it. That's an amazing time, more than his 4.3 40.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanback is a project...plain and simple.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Our 5th receiver / 4th QB. So much love. Reminds me of the BS last year about Watkins.

Every fannie was commenting on a picture of him jumping in the air from a great angle which made him look like David THompson with a 48 vertical.

Drop the latte.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
The thing that should impress you is his 100 meters time. 10.48 without focalizing his training on it. That's an amazing time, more than his 4.3 40.
Very true.

In comparison, Adrian Peterson is around a 10.6 guy. He's about the same size as Peterson and a bit faster. I'm not saying he will be Peterson, but this guy has some tools and I like QBs that are athletic like that. I think he's a bigger faster Crayton.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

He is 6'2 3/8'', 216, with a 4.35 40, a 6.68 60, and a 10.48 100. This kid has potential. And D-Unit is right, he will be one hell of a holder. I see a ton of fakes in the future.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sure hes fast but you need other skills to be effective WR
Old 05-01-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

He is one hell of an athlete as well. He got drafted last year by the Orioles and he hasn't played Baseball since high school.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't give one damn how good of an athlete he is, or what his 100m was, or how some stupid baseball team used a 46th rounder on his ass. I want a good football player, and the facts are that those top 10 4th round picks are more valuable, imo, than late 3rd rounders are.

For some reason, really good players always slide to the 2nd day, and that allows teams to collect their breath, look around and realize who they were letting slip. This is evidenced by the fact that most of the "best availabe" are gone very early in the 4th round, rather than continuing to slide into the 5th.

That was a premium pick, and it needed to bring us a good player that could contribute this year, while playing at a position that we need. Tanard Jackson would have been perfect, so would have Bush. Isaiah Stanbach is a nobody, and I can't believe my team used a premium draft choice on a guy that was going to be available at 122. I will never get over this.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Oh yes you will. This kid is special. He probably would have been a 2nd rounder if he didn't get hurt.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

2nd rounder? come on its time to leave fantasy land. It was the worst pick of our draft and at best becomes a third reciever comprable to Arnaz Battle. And thats after three years of the process of going from QB to WR

Last edited by Im_a_Romosexual : 05-01-2007 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I don't give one damn how good of an athlete he is, or what his 100m was, or how some stupid baseball team used a 46th rounder on his ass. I want a good football player, and the facts are that those top 10 4th round picks are more valuable, imo, than late 3rd rounders are.

For some reason, really good players always slide to the 2nd day, and that allows teams to collect their breath, look around and realize who they were letting slip. This is evidenced by the fact that most of the "best availabe" are gone very early in the 4th round, rather than continuing to slide into the 5th.

That was a premium pick, and it needed to bring us a good player that could contribute this year, while playing at a position that we need. Tanard Jackson would have been perfect, so would have Bush. Isaiah Stanbach is a nobody, and I can't believe my team used a premium draft choice on a guy that was going to be available at 122. I will never get over this.

Who else would you have taken that was going to contribute immediately?
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be on the stanback bandwagon if he can be our 3rd qb/contribute on every special teams unit/and work into a future WR role...make the team as a WR...not Green who showed he couldn't do it. If he can do all of the above...I'll wait until saying it was a bad pick. That is a lot for a player to learn...so it'll be interesting.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

On Talkin' Cowboys today, Jeff Ireland said this kid is going to be something, and get your popcorn ready. He has so much talent. You have to be creative. He is to good not make a roster. You have to do something with him. Ireland also said he should have an immediate impact.

Last edited by Achilles33 : 05-02-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Was a wasted pick. Classic Jerry Jones on a fishing expedition.

Not only that we could have likely taken Stanback in the 5th or 6th.

We just don't have much in the way of 2007 talent outside of Spencer. This is why we failed.

We don't need much to go to the big dance but this draft does not really get us closer -- it just got us some physically talented kids to develop.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
TheFan0520
Rookie

TheFan0520 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We'll see. Can he actually translate the size and speed into WR skills or will he be just another Randal Williams.
TheFan0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Was a wasted pick. Classic Jerry Jones on a fishing expedition.

Not only that we could have likely taken Stanback in the 5th or 6th.

We just don't have much in the way of 2007 talent outside of Spencer. This is why we failed.

We don't need much to go to the big dance but this draft does not really get us closer -- it just got us some physically talented kids to develop.
Why do you wait till you see what role they will assume and see them in action and read reports before you come out with such bold statements...I really try to read all of your posts....but I mean...how can you honestly know that Stanback won't make the team and won't contribute. You are like the polar opposite of Tnew.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote