Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mathias Kiwanuka will make tons of plays as a OLB.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Nick Collins.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
utvols

If Lendale White can get his head on straight before the start of the season i believe he could have a good year at running back for the titans. He should be the starter and will be running behind a good line, so he has the right tools around him to have a "breakout"year.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
tomh1991

Offense - DeAngelo Williams

Defense - Mario Williams
Old 05-01-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
Which rookies from last year will have breakout ish type seaon?

personally i think jay cutler will since hes starting the season
I say that there should be an official rule where you can't nominate players from your own team in threads like these.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Rockey McIntosh is starting this season (probably) He won't have a breakout season, but he will be solid.

I also think Golston will shine knowing that he has Fletcher right behind him, and a healthy line.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Jerious Norwood from Atlanta....

I'm expecting big things out of him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
I'm gonna go on record as saying Chad Greenway will have a better 2nd season than his first.
one tackle would be better then last season, because he didn't play at all being hurt.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Mario Williams and Vernon Davis will both make the pro-bowl, bet on it.
I'm going to hold you to that too, Shiver.

*homer glasses*

Reggie Bush.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel Leinart and Cutler will have very good years, Vernon Davis could be the go to guy in San Fran, and if Vince Young avoids the curse he should have the Titans in a good position in the standings. See not one reference to a Raven.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Davis' last five games of the year, when he got healthy;

14 catches
217 yards
15.5 YPC
2 Touchdowns

Alex Smith even missed him wide open, for a 'what would've been' a long TD. Rookie Tight Ends have a history of slow rookie seasons, followed by exponential improvement in their sophomore season. Tony Gonzalez, Todd Heap, Jason Witten, Alge Crumpler, Antonio Gates, Shannon Sharpe, just for a few examples. Also, San Francisco has added just enough receiver help to open up defenses, while ceding to Vernon Davis as the primary option. Alex Smith will only improve his accuracy.

I am expecting 800 yards, 6-8 touchdowns for Vernon Davis this year.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeeeeeAngelo Williams.

And Brodrick Bunkley
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Hawk, nuff said.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAngelo williams in a ZBS is going to be amazing.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Mike Walker will emerge as the Jaguars' best receiver.

Reggie Nelson will become god.
I had him pegged as my number 9 receiver thisyears draft. i love that guy.

Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard. Steve Atwater and Ed Reed in one D-backfield.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense... Anthony Smith...

Started 4 Games

15 tackles
2 Interceptions
6 Passes Defended
Killed JR Reid in Pre-season (Wish I had a video of that hit... it should've been Illegal)

Had the #5 overall "Biggest Hit of 2006" on the NFL Network... On TJ Houshmazilly.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

14 catches
217 yards
15.5 YPC
2 Touchdowns

Alex Smith even missed him wide open, for a 'what would've been' a long TD. Rookie Tight Ends have a history of slow rookie seasons, followed by exponential improvement in their sophomore season. Tony Gonzalez, Todd Heap, Jason Witten, Alge Crumpler, Antonio Gates, Shannon Sharpe, just for a few examples. Also, San Francisco has added just enough receiver help to open up defenses, while ceding to Vernon Davis as the primary option. Alex Smith will only improve his accuracy.

Shiver, what are your thoughts on Manny Lawson?

And my picks

Deangelo Williams

Michael Huff

Brandon Marshall

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 05-02-2007 at 01:26 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Williams is going to make a lot of people shut their mouths.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Shiver, what are your thoughts on Manny Lawson?
I was never big on Manny Lawson. But mainly due to the fact that the whole board was enamored with him, and I wasn't. Still, I like what Nolan is doing with that Linebacker corp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Mario Williams is going to make a lot of people shut their mouths.
I concur wholeheartedly.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

14 catches
217 yards
15.5 YPC
2 Touchdowns

I'm not entirely sure I agree. Davis managed to post some decent number towards the end of last year, but often times he looked completely lost in the passing game. He's more than a bit stiff in his movements, his route running needs a lot of work, and he is far from natural catching the ball.

He seems like a remarkably coachable kid, so I'm not exactly worried, but I think he has huge strides to make in the passing game.

As my required homer pick, I think Huff is going to impress some people next year. If the run defense can force teams to throw the ball more, Huff is bound to get some more shots at picks than he did last year. I don't think I've ever seen a young safety be more impressive in man coverage than Huff was last year though.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Yeah, Davis looked bad in his first couple of games. He showed improvement at the end of the year. I think another year under his belt will cure any slight hiccups in his game. As I mentioned, it is well known that rookie Tight Ends struggle as rookies. Even the great ones.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Greenway & Tavaris Jackson... Laurence Maroney had a good year last year but i say he this year gets 1300+ and 15tds
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Domata Peko, nad Jonathon Joseph. for the bengals

look for Bush to get more rushing yards, mario to get more sacks. people like tavaris jackson have a chance to make a splash too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm going to say a couple of guys. Matt Lineart, Reggie Bush, Thomas Howard, and D Brick will all have an outstanding second year.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote