Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Colts:

Breakout players:

Kelvin Hayden (CB)
Marlin Jackson (CB)
Freddie Keiaho (OLB)
Tyjuan Hagler (OLB)
DeDe Dorsey (RB)

Rookies that should start/contribute:

Tony Ugoh (OT/OG)
Anthony Gonzalez (WR)
Quinn Pitcock (DT)

There will be a battle for the spot of nickle CB between 2nd year pro Tim Jennings and rookies Daymeion Hughes and Michael Coe. Jennings probably has the upper hand at this point.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

supermario86 needs more cowbell.

homer pick CJ all the way
supermario86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Stanfort Routt, Stuart Sweihgert, Will Buchanon and John Madsen. Are the guys I am really hoping will have a break out year.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons' "breakout" players:

Offense - Jerious Norwood

Defense - Michael Boley

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:48 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Pacman out I think Cortland Finnegan will get a few highlights of his own.

Michael Huff I expect to emerge as a top safety.

I think Mario will have a better year.

I'd like to see LenDale break out with Chris Henry on his heels but I have my doubts.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Mario Williams is going to make a lot of people shut their mouths.
I love the fact that literally every chance ESPN or any one else talking about the draft on TV or on paper they trash Mario Williams. ESPN redid last draft, Mario wasn't in the top 10. I wonder what people are going to say when he plays well next season.

As for the breakout guys, I think Antonio Cromartie and Manny Lawson are going to be great next year.

Shiver, why don't/didn't you like Lawson last year. Was it just because everyone loved him after the combine, or was it actual on the field stuff? It's not like he did nothing on the field his senior year, he was the defensive MVP of that team. Was a sack artist and a smart player. The biggest question about him was coverage, and he played in a 4-3 last year at OLB and did well in coverage. I don't see what's not to like about him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler will do well, Leinart will improve (since his line got stronger), Williams will produce better (since Okoye will take some pressure off him), Crommartie and Tye Hill will play better at corner.

I expect Vince Young to do worse than last year, since he lost his main target in Drew Bennett and there really isn't anyone to take his place.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd like to see Keith Ellison break out this year for the Bills so that our linebackers are set for the next few years with him, Crowell and Posluszny.

My pick is definitely going to be Leon Williams if he wins the starting spot over D'Qwell Jackson in TC. I really wish that Jackson gets traded to a team that can utilize his talent more effectively, he shouldn't be a 34 inside linebacker.

My second pick would be either Demetrius Williams or Thomas Howard probably. If the Ravens get some consistent play from the quarterback position and Mason doesn't play as much I think Williams could have a huge season for the Ravens. Thomas Howard has been my favourite linebacker since I watched him in a couple UTEP games as a senior and I still think he will be better than Chad Greenway and Bobby Carpenter. He also is in a great situation being on a team with a fantastic defense. I think he will breakout and be at least a strong starter for the Raiders.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Cutler will do well, Leinart will improve (since his line got stronger), Williams will produce better (since Okoye will take some pressure off him), Crommartie and Tye Hill will play better at corner.

I expect Vince Young to do worse than last year, since he lost his main target in Drew Bennett and there really isn't anyone to take his place.
The same Drew Bennett who caught 1 TD and 168 yards in the the 6 game winning streak last season?

Drew dropped a fair few key passes too. For a current Titans WR not to at least match his production while playing with Vince, they would all have to suck pretty badly - which is entirely possible, but more a reflection on them and not the void Drew left. The fact he was the main target was probably due to health of the other targets more than anything - 235 of his 737 yards and 1 of his 3 TD's came before VY even started, where as Brandon Jones had 18 yards before VY started and finished with 384 and got 4 TD's with VY, and he wasn't entirely healthy.

Obviously being a rookie QB limited the passing stats but Bennett was far from a dependable main target - I feel his production can more or less be replicated with what's on the roster, it was really more a loss of depth than starter quality.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Like a couple of people said, Mario Williams. He struggled through his first couple of games and they kept moving him around on the D-Line. Then he had to play the rest of the season with a foot injury. He should have a really good year this season.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Smith (Jets). He might take over at FS. He's smart, a much better athlete than given credit for, and a monster hitter.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

from the 49ers, i would say Vernon should with Alex Smith progressing and Manny Lawson should do well with Manusky as our D coordinator
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Dusty D will seize the starting DT spot on the other side of Tommie Harris.
Danieal Manning will become a solid starter
are we kidding?
seriously. dusty d? i mean, sure he'll be fine. but nothing break-outable.

manning will become a solid starter though. for sure. he needs a good cast though.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Wolf123

Mario Williams will burst on the scene, he played half the year with one foot
Old 05-05-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Laurence Maroney..why not hmm?

-top 2 QB
-Pretty good OL
-Deep threats in Moss-Stallworth-Watson(keeps safeties back instead of 8 in box like all of last year)
-ZBS..we are switching to zone blocking and Maroney will benefit.
-Hes got it all..great speed..very good quickness..a wicked stiff arm..runs with power.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Mike Walker will emerge as the Jaguars' best receiver.

Reggie Nelson will become god.
And Maurice Drew will rise into heaven as his right hand, the reincarnation of Jesus himself.

Teams will be thankful that he's there and not here.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcedes Lewis is Moses, because he will part the seams of the defense.

Get it? Hahaha! Ha...

ha...

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laurence Maroney will field the majority of the carries in the Patriots offense and with the additon of numerous passing threats the Patriots should be able to run the ball effectively opening the door for a big year for Maroney

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
DeAngelo Williams. Love this guy and I think he'll emerge from his situation and have a nice breakout year.
Same here.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers

alex smith
-finally has decent receiving options

vernon davis
-creates crazy mismatches with his speed

jason hill
-could probably come in and start at slot receiver, probably taking over for ashley lelie at some point in the season

manny lawson
-great athleticism, should fluorish in the same Manusky defense that produced shawne merriman and shaun phillips

michael robinson
-after a year to get acquainted with the RB position, should be a decent change-of-pace option

brandon moore
-after a great season last year, should break out even more(pun intended) with more starts
Old 05-05-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

He will be in Hawaii in February '08. Mark it down.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jimmy williams.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Shiver, why don't/didn't you like Lawson last year. Was it just because everyone loved him after the combine, or was it actual on the field stuff? It's not like he did nothing on the field his senior year, he was the defensive MVP of that team. Was a sack artist and a smart player. The biggest question about him was coverage, and he played in a 4-3 last year at OLB and did well in coverage. I don't see what's not to like about him.
I didn't like him because the majority of people thought he was superior to Kamerion Wimbley, whom I loved, only because of his workouts. Wimbley was a more dynamic pass rusher in college, and was much more so in his rookie season. It wasn't because I didn't like him. I just thought he was overrated.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Leinart will do better this year. He got some help on the O-Line, and he'll have a full season to produce with Fitz and Boldin.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Roman Harper.

He was playing lights out and was a huge leader in our secondary until his season ending injury.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote