Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-01-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Shockey80

PFT says that the Giants might be a landing spot for Keyshawn.

I think that it would be a good pickup for a cheap 1 year contract.

I know we are kind of stacked at WR between Toomer, Burress, Steve Smith and Sinorice Moss, but if we add Keyshawn we are giving Eli Manning a lot of weapons, even if injurys happen. there would be no excuses.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, hes a big, still talented WR who can block, but 6 wr's on the roster may be pushing it- tyree, plax,toomer,smith,nori then keyshawn. i dont really know on this, kinda dont care either way. if we got him, cool i guess, as long as he's not a cancer. if not, eh, whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont like that at all. if toomer is coming back we have no room/need for him. if toomer cant come back its ok.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're all set at the wide receiver posistion. An aging posistion was instantly infused with youth with Sinorice and Steve, now throw in Brandon Myles to the mix and we've got some youth there. I think we'll end up with six receivers on the roster this year.

Burress, Toomer, Moss, Tyree, Smith, and Myles. I think Myles will make the roster to be honest.

I mean, we could do so many things with that receiving corps. Use Moss, Smith and Tyree in a package to stretch the field. Use Burress, Toomer and Myles for a redzone package.

Hopefully Gilbride will utilize them correctly.

That and I don't want Keyshawn with his quesitonable character in the Giants blue. If the team he's with doesn't utilize him right he's often a pretty disruptive guy to the team.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

If Toomer gets hurt and he is still out there, I would offer the vet minimum or close to it for him. Other than that, pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still wouldn't offer him a contract to play for us. I'd much rather have someone like Myles, Smith or Moss step up if that were the case. Perhaps throw Mix into the..mix. Bah, pun..

Edit: Although thinking about it, I like how dominant Keyshawn is at his blocking, shows some dedication. I suppose I'd let our guys attempt to step up, but if it didn't work out I think I'd give him a shot. Would not give any bonuses to make him easily cuttable.

Last edited by Forenci : 05-01-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
BigBlue58KiperIII
Rookie

BigBlue58KiperIII hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea the only way i want him is if Toomer isnt ready, then Keyshawn could be the possession guy. He was happy about being able to mentor a USC WR in Carolina with Jarrett, maybe he'd wanna do the same with Smith here, but no need for him if Amani is good to go
2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title
BigBlue58KiperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:10 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yea, hes a big, still talented WR who can block, but 6 wr's on the roster may be pushing it- tyree, plax,toomer,smith,nori then keyshawn. i dont really know on this, kinda dont care either way. if we got him, cool i guess, as long as he's not a cancer. if not, eh, whatever
couldn't have said it better my self.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

There is enough prima donnas on the Giants now. We don't need another one.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
couldn't have said it better my self.
Were you at the draft? I remember seeing a little kid hold up a sign that said OSU on it when the Giants were picking, and I thought it might be you. Was that you?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
There is enough prima donnas on the Giants now. We don't need another one.
Kinda agree, but I'd try to get him for the least amount of money possible and not try to outbid anyone, he didn't have that much trouble last year at carolina but the big apple might change that. He could give our rookies some good techniques though. It depends on what we are trying to do, Plax and Toomer are probably good enough mentors so I don't think this will happen.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
liquidswords
Rookie

liquidswords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really hope we don't sign him. I want Moss and Smith to be on the field as much as possible so they can develop into prime WR's. Keyshawn is a waste of space... We have Toomer, we don't need him.

Xbox GT: LiquidSwords55

Last edited by liquidswords : 05-02-2007 at 08:59 PM.
liquidswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He won't go to a team that is stacked with receivers. He wants the ball and he wants to win. The Texans and Titans could certainly use him but there would be no big winning on either of the teams.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I'll agree with those last 2, and I want to see if Myles, Mix, Watts, and some other guy can make the roster.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind this move, but I wouldnt love it either. If its a 1 or 2 year deal where we can easily cut him, then great I dont mind. But i wouldnt throw big money at him.

I think Smith is gonna have a solid year and potentially moss can be good (although I dont like the guy as a player and doubt he amounts to much). but one of them should be enough for a 3rd reciever.

But I want Eli to have good targets to throw too. I dont want to have a repeat of last year. Because of that, I would do it if it were cheap
Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

We got the possesion WR in Plax. We don't need two.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote