Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-01-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
the_Kid
Rookie

the_Kid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Keyshawn Johnson

Keyshawn Johnson was released from the Panthers do you think he would be worth signing? Personally i think he could be the short term answer for us at WR and could be a great mentor for our young recievers.
the_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess he could be a good signing if it was like a 2 year deal to help out Rice and Allison but he is a little old and has had issues in the back. But we would need to jump right on him. I think he would be very helpful.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
FatViking

Short term it doesn’t sound like a bad idea with the uncertainties we have at the WR positions right now. Hopefully he has matured in the locker room though.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think they'll sign him, we drafted 3 WR's (2 that will make the roster) and I don't know why but Johnson has always seemed to be an expensive player.

I would assume our WR core will look something like...
Wade, Williamson, Rice, Allison, McMullin, Carter, Nance maybe
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he is the one type of WR we dont have and that we need, a big physical move the chains, clutch go-to third down guy who is a threat in the red zone... but i really really doubt that we will sign him i think Childress wants to stay young hence why we didnt go after Joe Horn/Eric Moulds/Darrel Jackson
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
chug o nomics
Rookie

chug o nomics hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would love to have Rice line up opposite of Johnson in the red zone.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't be a bad one year option, but nothing more than that. A WR corps of Johnson, Williamson, Rice, Allison, Wade and Williams wouldn't be so bad.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though I'm a Packers fan I think Keyshawn would really help out rookies Sidney Rice and Aundrae Allison learn how to play their position at the highest level. He could also be a helping hand to the maturity of Tavaris Jackson.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

First of all, Keyshawn said he wants to play on a team that can compete for a Super Bowl.

Second of all, I don't even want him. It'd be nice to add a mature veteran receiver who can help the young guys out. Sorry, but that ain't Keyshawn.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sure the Pats will probally sign him.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I wonder if him getting cut to all the **** he was talking during the draft lol
If i recall it went something like When delhomme was struggling We had no body. Hell yeah we should draft brady quinn. LOL
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love him. Would be a safety valve to TJ or whoever starts. Can help Sid and TWill to develop. Take some pressure off everyone.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Keyshawn doesn't really strike me as a guy who would take young guys under his wing.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea he talks a big game about how he was going to Teach Dwayne Jarret ... but i dont think he really would want to come in to be a "mentor"
Old 05-02-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
jerthemessiah
Rookie

jerthemessiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he'll probally retire and take up a broadcasting job.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, who would ya'll rather have (although neither is likely to come here), Eric Moulds or Keyshawn?

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Keyshawn Johnson
Old 05-02-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

I want a veteran wide receiver who will help out the young guys. I don't even care if he's good or not.

We also need that type of leadership at quarterback....

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 05-03-2007, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hahahaha...yeah, that's important.
Vetrans who suck to teach the youngsters.

Load em up and bring em in !
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
hahahaha...yeah, that's important.
Vetrans who suck to teach the youngsters.

Load em up and bring em in !
I know, because you have to be a star to help young guys. Look at what Gus Frerotte did for Daunte. Jason Garrett was infamous for helping out the starter. I'm sure there are hundreds of other examples.

"hahahahahaha....i'm severe punishment and i laugh because i don't understand things hahahahahaa"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 05-03-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Why not bringin the ultimate vetren and bring back CC at capacity
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chug o nomics View Post
I would love to have Rice line up opposite of Johnson in the red zone.
it scares me that we are already putting rice in front of williamson...AHHH, biggest waste of a 7th overall draft pick ever...TROY WILLIAMSON=BADNESS
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I know, because you have to be a star to help young guys. Look at what Gus Frerotte did for Daunte. Jason Garrett was infamous for helping out the starter. I'm sure there are hundreds of other examples.

"hahahahahaha....i'm severe punishment and i laugh because i don't understand things hahahahahaa"
hahahahaha....Yep, you're exactly right. Gus Frerotte made Daunte Culpepper what he is today. Great example.

I'm sure I could find 100's of other unprovable "facts" as well, what's your freakin point ??

"I'm swaggar, I never post anything of opinion....I'm only here to rip on others for having one"
Old 05-03-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
it scares me that we are already putting rice in front of williamson...AHHH, biggest waste of a 7th overall draft pick ever...TROY WILLIAMSON=BADNESS
Didn't you know...where you're drafted equatest to how much potential you have. Therefore Williamson = Good pick. Brady Quinn at 22 = bad pick.

Sheesh I'd figure you being a Viking fan could "figure that out"
Old 05-03-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

With a projected quarterback corps of unproven guys like Tarvaris JAckson, Brooks Bollinger, and Tyler Thigpen.... it certainly was a terrible idea to want to bring in an experienced veteran.

With a projected WR corps centered around 20 year old Sidney Rice, 23 year old Andrae Allison, 24 year old Troy Williamson, and Bobby Wade... again it certainly was a terrible idea to want to bring in an experienced veteran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
equatest
Dear Lord.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007